Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

FFS, what is wrong with people?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Gynoid wrote: »
    Elective surgery is cancelled, for one thing.

Are they expecting things to get worse here though?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Pkiernan wrote: »
    The holiday home issue is just a red Herring.

The real issue are the tens of thousands of morons out in the parks like it's one big summer holiday.

The 350 a week Covid dole payment should be stopped to those breaking the rules.
    Easy enough to accomplish too.

With the bank holiday weekend and better weather absolute numpties will try anything to go off on their little break ....

Courtown caravan parks as such have been closed and greater Garda presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2020/apr/08/insurers-cut-dividends-bank-of-england-payouts-coronavirus-covid-19-crisis-aviva-legal-general-business-live?page=with:block-5e8d77a88f08008f0919f021#block-5e8d77a88f08008f0919f021

the EU not looking good. it is a tough one though, as every country is getting hit by the virus. i have no doubt funds would pour into spain and italy if it only affected them.

The real issue are the tens of thousands of morons out in the parks like it's one big summer holiday.

The 350 a week Covid dole payment should be stopped to those breaking the rules.

I think on the spot fines should be introduced. A nice big fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yes, we haven't seen anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They are still talking about the surge but it may be a lot lower and longer, which is where they can manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

To STOP CONFUSION,

This thread should be renamed the Donald TRUMP thread!

FFS I thought it was about Covid-19

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Sono Topolino

Been saying for weeks that the parks need to be closed.

It’s idiotic to have them open, as social distancing is impossible once you have a certain number of people in one place. How do you decide who should leave and who gets to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

• Advertisement

old_aussie wrote: »
    To STOP CONFUSION,

it's the main thread on a global pandemic. obviously the leader of the USA is going to be talked about a lot, particularly when he does a press conference every night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Creaming yourself all over your keyboard as you type that. Weird.

I think you're right. But why do people think we're doing well? Someone posting yesterday about 36 is a good number!

We might look ok now, but I don't believe that we will stay like that for long. I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

silverharp wrote: »
    Its always been a hill walkers protocol to walk on country roads against the flow of traffic, it makes sense that you want to see the cars likely to be closest to you

Yes yes yes, when walking on the roads, because and as you say 'against the flow of traffic' (drivers can then see you), but historically we've always walked on the left on park paths/ footpaths . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Spain cases on the rise again .... just don't understand it .. .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭twinytwo

In these situations the guard should be allowed to crack her with a batton.... but could you imagine the uproar.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

old_aussie wrote: »
    To STOP CONFUSION,

You know what they say, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem" - that's applicable to Trump, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You walk on your right hand side facing towards traffic. Also people have a habit of swapping sides.

The only time Id walk on the left is when Id be hitchhiking. (20 yrs ago back in my school days)

Yeah, I understand that. I wasn't sure which 'wrong' side you were talking about, the right 'wrong', or the wrong 'wrong'.

I usually only switch to the left when approaching a blind or sharp bend, you often get people hugging the trees or ditch at them so at least you have a better view angle of what's coming around the bend by doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Beasty wrote: »
    It is spreading so rapidly now I can't understand how it could have been around so long. If it had gone unchecked (in pretty much all countries outside China) since November our ICU beds would have been overrun months ago.

I've heard these stories about it "being around" since November, but it simply does not make any sense to me. I have little doubt "something" was around, and I understand there was an increase in pneumonia deaths around then, but I cannot see how it could have been Covid-19

November would be a stretch but late December/January is not beyond the realm of possibility. The hospitals and GPs just weren't testing for it back then. I'm also not sure if Flu testing is widespread here either, that would clear up any confusion on this fairly easily.

Did we not have record numbers in our hospitals over this winter period?
    Until we get an accurate antibody test there are a lot of unknowns.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

4748 down from 5267 according to worldometers.

Deaths down by 200 to just over 500.

:confused:

• Advertisement

Expected as we will see ourselves for a while. They seem to think they've hit the peak.

Logan Roy wrote: »

That will be updated again at least twice today ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Its first update of the day, both cases and deaths are larger in Spain than this time yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

twinytwo wrote: »
    In these situations the guard should be allowed to crack her with a batton.... but could you imagine the uproar.

They have spit guards now, they just store them in a container of iced water for when they need to apply them. Anyone who mentions they may have coronavirus should have them automatically applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Late payment fee just clocked up to my account by BoI/Mastercard

God bless them for keeping my financial affairs up to date

It'll take more than Varadkar & Harris to put manners on the banks

is_that_so wrote: »
    Expected as we will see ourselves for a while. They seem to think they've hit the peak.

Been on lockdown for almost a month now, I don't know where all this spread is happening ...

Worldometer seem to have different numbers for Spain. El Pais and Guardian have it at 757

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Been on lockdown for almost a month now, I don't know where all this spread is happening ...

Given that its healthcare workers making up a larger number of tests and confirmed cases, it seems like there may be an issue there. Health workers giving it to patients who give it to other health workers. Same in nursing homes. Which is why we need to better cocoon health workers and also support them more with PPE.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0408/1129265-covid-clusters-ireland/

"The number of clusters of coronavirus in nursing homes has more than doubled since the weekend.

Figures released today show there are now 86 nursing home outbreaks, while on Saturday the figure was 40.
    "

what the actual ****??

• Advertisement

Because of population size I'd say so would take longer to spread everywhere. From what I've been reading they are now making plans to unwind in the next month or so and that rapid test programme about to kick off to map it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement