Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭growleaves

Also Tuesday, the Atlantic coastal resort city of Biarritz limited the period people can sit on benches or in other public areas to two minutes maximum, saying confinement meant that "dawdling is prohibited."

Biarritz have banned dawdling. If the death count climbs any higher they're going to ban dilly-dallying as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

So that is swabbed but not test completed, those figures are never released, we only get a weekly figure for tests.

Those figures are never released, we only get a weekly figure for tests.

Again we those figures are never released, we only get a weekly figure for tests.

So how many test have the Irish labs done this week not including the German results?

I have tried hard but I feel I'm wasting my time.You dont seem to understand the difference between the physical completion of the test on the person at the testing site which is included as a test completed and the laboratory result which if positive is included in the daily new cases figure released EVERY day.

There is a time lag between the tests and the results which was building up.This meant that for a period more tests were carried out than results received.
    The introduction of the German lab results this week has meant from Friday up to yesterday over 6000 results were received which included 479(from memory) positive cases.

These 6000 results were from tests completed (I.e.swabbed) for a period of 14 days prior and therefore had been included in the working tests numbers given for previous weeks.

I have tried over a few posts recently to explain this but obviously have failed.It is not my fault the manner in which the data is given out but I have tried to clarify that there is no relation between the tests completed figure given out weekly and the number of lab results received in the corresponding week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

humberklog wrote: »
    Originally Posted by humberklog View Post
    Disappointed to see us pulling away from Denmark numbers wise. Denmark started with higher numbers than us, especially fatalities (of which they took a big hit early on). Then for a while we were tracking along in cases much the same (also Malaysia too) but in the last few days our cases have constantly been higher. At the moment: Cases Irl- 4273 and Dk 3757 and Deaths at Irl. 120 and Dk 139.

**Denmark have a slightly higher population and higher population density.
    Their deaths per million is still higher. 26 versus 24.**

I posted this on the 3rd (4 days ago) and the reply in **is from Professor Moriarty**

We've overtaken Denmark now in death/m. Ireland 43 to Denmark's 35 as of today.

Not to put a downer on our results but I'd rather be in Danish shoes at this minute.

Where are you getting the numbers from? I have Irelands cases at 5,709 and Denmark at 5,071. Today +345 for Ireland and +390 for the Danes. or do you mean those figures are from 3 or 4 days back?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Have a horrible feeling we're getting another 2 weeks of pseudo lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

From the UK: Coronavirus doctor's diary: 'Our hospitals weren't made to use this much oxygen'

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52187826

"One of the issues is that while beds have oxygen next to them, we've never needed such a large flow of oxygen on the ward," says Tom Lawton. "We have something like 250 litres per minute available for each ward, and about 3,000 available for the hospital - which again, has never been an issue before. But if you're using 50 litres per minute for each patient, then that's suddenly only five on a ward and 60 in a hospital - and we need more than that.

"It's not just us, it's also hospitals around the country - they weren't designed for this level of oxygen use."
    Makes sense to be honest.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

At least

We could be looking at 50 to 80 deaths a day,by next weekend the.way things.are going

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I have a feeling it will be longer than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Try a minimum of 2 month's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Yep, can't see it easing off anytime soon, given the percentage increase in cases and particularly the deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Another two weeks is a given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Sean 18

At least

We could be looking at 50 to 80 deaths a day,by next weekend the.way things.are going

The death's are climbing alright and imagine only up to a month ago the government were telling us not to worry about it at all that it wasn't like SARS it's not like SARS at all it seems to be a million times worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Try a minimum of 2 month's.

Source?

Also 2 month's what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Be grateful you can isolate safely. Third world countries wont have that luxury

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Sean 18

And probably another 2 weeks after that

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

growleaves wrote: »
    I think you're confused. The new laws don't make it illegal to verbally challenge the Gardaí (however wrongheaded). Its not a lockdown on speaking in public.
    But it will open them to the the charge of attempting to impede/obstruct a Garda in discharge of his then lawful duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

At least

And half of Dublin gone to holiday homes in Connemara the good for nothing,self entitled gombeens.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I know Karma doesn't work like that but Karma.

And half of Dublin gone to holiday homes in Connemara the good for nothing,self entitled gombeens.

And dublin the epicentre here....completly and utterly wrong

Time to shut down/severly curtail trains/buses going down the country and intercity at weekends

And tbh,we need to close down people coming here from uk for the may bank holiday weekend too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1247602974697889794?s=19

Huge increase in checkpoints coming from tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

"discourage"

Does that mean they cant force them back home?

"discourage"

Yes....but would ya really be drawing gaurds onto ya,so you can go to salthill for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

And dublin the epicentre here....completly and utterly wrong

Time to shut down/severly curtail trains/buses going down the country and intercity at weekends

And tbh,we need to close down people coming here from uk for the may bank holiday weekend too

Definately need to quarantine all arrivals now for 14 days.

At least if people leave Dublin and spread out in holiday homes it will reduce risk of spread in the Dublin hotspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

What’s the longest wait for results? Anyone know. I’m 12 days waiting now .

My best friend was tested in Tallaght Stadium a fortnight ago yesterday. No result yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Notice how it says 'discourage' so they have no actual power

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Very good news. Now is the time to step up enforcement in a big way.

"discourage"

Checkpoints everywhere and 20 minute delay to get through each one will put people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

"discourage"

Well if your going to face a checkpoint every few miles down the road and not be allowed into wherever your going then what's the point.

They can still give you road traffic offences, public order etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

If you were to bring everything you need with you. In principal you would not interact with anyone more than you would by staying at home. If you lived in a built up area but at a holiday house in a rural location the risk would actually decrease as the likelihood encountering someone while in your 2k radius is much reduced

Can people just do what is asked of them for one bloody weekend? Is it too much of a sacrifice?

• Advertisement

My best friend was tested in Tallaght Stadium a fortnight ago yesterday. No result yet.

Do they right you if negative?

Your friend will have spent 2 weeks in total isolation now so must be looking forward to tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement