Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

RobertKK wrote: »
    Very badly run all this given the list of non essential jobs will not be published tonight, despite the new restrictions starting at midnight..
    It makes it all seem rushed, done in a panic.
    I agree. They also can't even run a website (gov.ie is down) even with Google offering free hosting to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think we should stick Irish flags and bunting outside houses for this period of time, something is needed to rise the mood in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

507283.pngpreview of leo's next speech where the movie quote theme continues ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I’m not surprised by the measures but they do feel a sense of dread.

The figures today are from Wednesday.
    Those press conferences are generally an opportunity to be ahead of events.

The data is 2 days old. That just serves to create illusion that they are proactive and not reactive.

So basically I’m more worried than I was tonight based on what will occur in 2/3 days (that have already occurred)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭growleaves

Remember those in each of your areas who do not comply with restrictions. They are not helping society.

Ignore this advice. Don't start feuds with your neighbours or hold grudges against them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

hmmm wrote: »
    Do you realise that these restrictions potentially go on for at least 18 months?

This will not end in weeks. These restrictions are for months.

There is no "normal" any more. We may possibly have a vaccine. Or we have to live with this thing forever.

We can't all hide inside our houses for the rest of our lives. It won't be long before people start saying "screw it" and take their chances.

I would imagine that's when they will introduce fines

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Sounds like the penny has finally dropped with Trump

what's he saying, watching Prime Time here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Will home heating oil be delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

statesaver wrote: »
    FFS, they make medial equipment for sick people, of course they will stay open, Jesus

Well...

Zimmer in Shannon & Galway produce Hips & Knee's so not Essential

Stryker in Limerick & Cork produce Hips & Knees so not Essential...But they do produce other products like Surgical Tools & Equipment so those may be Essential

Fleming Medical produce a wide range of medical devices, some of their products are used for respiratory health as well as medical furniture so they are Essential

That's just 3 medical device companies with different levels of "Essential Roles"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

lbj666 wrote: »
    You swear we were in an emergency or something

It would be good to plan things in advance, they knew this was a possibility but like everything with this emergency, they have been unprepared for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Can you go for a family walk,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Would clerical.officer in a Garda station be considered essential I wonder?
    I'd say it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

That lady on Late Late sounding very blocked up. Hmmm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    Yeah thankfully (bad thing to say) this crisis unlike the 2008 banking crisis is effecting Germany, so the ECB will eventually start printing money for government to use to pay down this debt.

Absolutely. At least the economic fundamentals are sound. Lots of pent up demand, despite the unemployment. There could be a huge boom when the demand is released.

For now, borrow, print.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

https://twitter.com/GerHerbert1/status/1243660912038379521

If this is true then I think the 'essentially services' list will be very, very broad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Despite all the hype and coverage of the new announcement, it basically is the same as the previous one except with 2km inserted into it.

Or am I missing something?

It is still a bit grey too. It has left work as 'essential' again. So if your boss says you are in essential work then you are expected to get to work.

I cross the border every day for work. Are guards going to stop me from now on?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭deaglan1

osarusan wrote: »
    The bit about exercising only 2km from home is disappointing - the last few days, the kids and I have driven into east Clare and walked in woodlands - nothing scenic, but the point is that they're deserted.

If people in urban areas obey the 2km restriction, it will actually cause a bit of congregation.

I suppose it's to stop people from using exercise as an excuse to go wherever they want....but realistically, who's going to be stopping and asking people.

East Clare is beautiful and wild and lonely - Lough Graney, Lough Atorick, Slieve Aughties, Lough Derg western shore. You could walk in the Aughties all day without meeting anyone. [PS, I am not from Clare]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

It's parsnts bringing the kids out as a mob and younger people meeting their friends in groups that are the cause. Treating it like holidays.

Ah will ya stop. Are parents supposed to bring their kids out one at a time? Maybe March them in formation?

Fart wrote: »
    The virus is being spread among the community and will continue to do so.

But it's being spread more in offices, canteens, building sites, transport and factories far more than on beaches or forest paths. It's just that the latter are easier to pick on because that's what the media are focusing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

khalessi wrote: »
    WOrk as you are essential in running the hospital

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I work as an outpatient clinic secretary so, I don't really know where we fall in this because there's no outpatient clinics going on anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Tell Paddy the Jogger not to worry... the Olympics have been postponed until 2021:P

Sounds like the penny has finally dropped with Trump

It'll probably bounce in a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

No

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Whehey!

Fart wrote: »
    Maybe we can ask the virus to hold off spreading for a year so they can make more suitable plans.

Perhaps that would better suit?

It's not exactly rocket science having a list of non essential jobs printed and ready before a live government briefing to the nation that somes in effect from midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I guess so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

But it's being spread more in offices, canteens, building sites, transport and factories far more than on beaches or forest paths. It's just that the latter are easier to pick on because that's what the media are focusing on.

We don't know where it's being spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,183 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I really need to ask..

With all the passion and commitment and ingenuity and brains and resources through this crisis, why is it that the RTE player is still utter dirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Will home heating oil be delivered?

I think everyone has filled up the past week.

Im sure fuel will be essential

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Would clerical.officer in a Garda station be considered essential I wonder?

Would say yes, but will need to see the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I work as an outpatient clinic secretary so, I don't really know where we fall in this because there's no outpatient clinics going on anymore.

Well my sibling is clerical admin in hospital and got moved areas so maybe you might too. Be safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement