Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,354 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

YFlyer wrote: »
    Exercise is allowed.

With children - take that as one adult and young kids
    Else what is the point if everyone is still doing the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jackboy

YFlyer wrote: »
    Exercise is allowed.

Only within 2 km of home.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Whehey! wrote: »
    It's not exactly rocket science having a list of non essential jobs printed and ready before a live government briefing to the nation that somes in effect from midnight.
    For most, for some unused to joined-up thinking it's akin to the Manhattan Project

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

I can safely predict there will be panic buying tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭elperello

pgj2015 wrote: »
    exactly, I will be sure to make them all wear stars, so they can be easily identified:rolleyes:

what difference is it if you go for a 2 km run in the middle of nowhere or a 10 km run in the middle of nowhere?

If you go for the 10k you will be breaching the rules.
    It's really that simple.
    Do what you are told or don't, your decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

billyhead wrote:
    How are you at a greater risk of contracting the virus if you bend the 2km rule?
    You are a greater risk of spreading it, not contacting it.

Makes contact tracing that bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Didn't realise Simon Harris was so young, he's only 33

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I wonder is appliance repairing ( someone calling to a house to repair an appliance) be classed as an essential service.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

We wont hit 15000 because testing hasnt been sufficient.

So many infected people were not even aware.

Key figure is ICU admissions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

CaoinDory wrote: »
    How the hell can they say it's in effect from midnight but not release the "essential workers" list until tomorrow. >:(

Because after midnight tonight they are not legally permitted to change legislation. It must be done by a newly formed government. This is another mess we could really do without now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

spookwoman wrote: »
    From RTE I don't know if mods wat to put it in the sticky
    Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said that from midnight tonight and for a two-week period, until Easter Sunday, everybody must stay at home, in all circumstances:

Except

- To travel to and from work for the purposes of work only where the work is an essential health, social care or other essential service or cannot be done from home (a list of these will be provided)

- To shop for food or household goods or collect a meal

- To attend medical appointments or collect medicines and other health products

- For vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people

- To take brief individual personal exercise within 2km of your own home which may include children from your own household as long as you adhere to two-metre physical distancing

- For farming purposes that is food production and care of animals

- All public and private gatherings of any number of people outside a single household or living unit are prohibited. The virus might be in your household already so please don't spread it to someone else

- This prohibition includes social family visits that are not for vital reasons already mentioned

- A further range of non-essential shops and services will be closed. The guidance given earlier this week in respect of retail outlets will be revised to reflect this

- Adult community education centres and local community centres will be shut

- All non-essential surgery and health procedures and all other non-essential health services will be postponed

- All visits to hospitals, residential healthcare settings and prisons are to cease, with specific exceptions on compassionate grounds

- Shielding or cocooning will be introduced for all those 70 years of age and specified categories of people who are extremely vulnerable to Covid-19

- Travel to our offshore islands will be limited to residents of those islands

- Pharmacists will be permitted to dispense medicines outside of the current period of validity with an existing prescription in line with the pharmacists clinical judgement

- All public transport and passenger travel will be restricted to essential workers and people providing essential services

- Outside of the reasons listed there is to be no travel outside a 2km radius of your home for any reason

Going by this factories and building sites will continue to operate as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

fritzelly wrote: »

Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

fritzelly wrote: »

will i need to borrow kids from my neighbour?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Coyote wrote: »
    The level of spoil entitlement from some people is unbelievable
    I have spend the last two weeks locked in the same room, today was the first time outside in nearly 13 day and where did i get to go?
    I had the fun of driving to a test center to be met by people in hazmat suits to stick a swab so far up my noise it felt like they were checking the inside of my brain.
    now i have at least 3-5 days to find out if i have it. so other 5 days minimum stuck in the same room not able to talk to anyone face to face for two weeks.
    I believe i'm nearly over what ever i had but have to wait till 5 days minimum from the last symptoms if it is covid19 so that's probable going to be 7 day at least.

Your country is asking to to not risk making yourself or other sick and all you can think about is not having to change you run!!!

Coyote

I'm sorry you ended up with that nasty experience through no fault of your own but you just sound angry. A runner keeping their distance didn't give you anything regardless of how far they ran. People should always question what they are told to do and why they are told to do it, especially when the given 'why' is vague or non-existant.
    I WON'T be complying with the 2km thing unless somebody can rationally explain how it increases the risk of me spreading the virus. I don't fear any police action in Ireland for obvious reasons.
    It's a personal thing for which I carry full responsibility, as with all my decisions and actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭con747

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I wonder is appliance repairing ( someone calling to a house to repair an appliance) be classed as an essential service.

I reckon it would be.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Panic buying tonight at the local supermarket.

Some people had food falling out of their trolleys. They are obviously buying enough for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Heartbreaking to see what's happening in Spain and Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

I don’t think there will and if there is, I hope the gardai put the batons to good use. Stay the **** at home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

The figures of saying that icu beds will be pushed beyond capacity isn't really taking into consideration the people who will leave icu into main ward or god forbid leave by the mortuary?

We probably will have 500 icu beds at best. 250 of those are full normally by other illnesses.

So that leaves about 250 for covid19. They could be full in 2 weeks time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

I don’t think there will and if there is, I hope the gardai put the batons to good use. Stay the **** at home!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

i know alot of people who were told to collect their emergency covid payment from the post office this weekk
    are they expected to collect next week?
    when do we get a list of what is open and what is not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

RobertKK wrote: »
    Very badly run all this given the list of non essential/essential jobs will not be published tonight, despite the new restrictions starting at midnight..
    It makes it all seem rushed, done in a panic.

Irish government: From midnight tonight no leaving home except to travel to and from work for the purposes of work only where the work is an essential health, social care or other essential service that cannot be done from home.
    Irish people: what are other essential services?
    Irish government: we'll tell you tomorrow.
    Irish people: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Is anyone esle plagued with flies?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Alcohol will be top of the lists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Any links on who exactly the cocooning applies to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Ok....stop the world I want to get off now

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Absolutely. At least the economic fundamentals are sound. Lots of pent up demand, despite the unemployment. There could be a huge boom when the demand is released.

For now, borrow, print.

Yeah. Or at least governments will concentrate on making sure the regular guy on the street is looked after.

I mentioned this the other day but people should take the time to listen to David McWilliams podcast the other night. It's inspiring stuff. I know this is a horrible time but a lot of good will eventually come from this. These events are like big reset buttons, everything changes afterwards. It's like WW2 happened and a continent that had almost continuous wars going back through history devised a system that brought relative peace and prosperity for decades now.
    I think this will be seen as the time that governments realise that people will no longer accept crap social systems and healthcare and government services. The government will be forced to look after its citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

If it's being spread within 2m of other people then we can be fairly sure it's being spread in offices and canteens more than beaches.

Yes I take your point but in busy areas last week there was no way people could be two metres of each other. So we don't know how many this is being spread to in queues for chips that people were in.

Working is more essential then going to the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

con747 wrote: »
    No

Ffs. LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

The figures of saying that icu beds will be pushed beyond capacity isn't really taking into consideration the people who will leave icu into main ward or god forbid leave by the mortuary?

On average, those that are admitted to ICU will be there for 14 days, unless they die. Obviously there will be more admissions that leavers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement