Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The darts returning too live crowds on the 17th Sep in the Hydro Glasgow

Not a big draw, though.
    They've not had a hit since 1980.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mr.S wrote: »
    I really doubt we will see any large scale concert type events this side of 2020, imo.

Darts is not the same, easy to 'socially distant' etc.

Yeah a lot of gigs in September/October seem to be postponed lately. When its only 200 outdoors until 10th August at earliest, can't see 3 Arena gigs happening for foreseeable future. Maybe some small scale social distanced gigs in the Autumn

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

And as the above poster said, logistically I’m sure it’s a nightmare even if events are even technically possible. Different restrictions per country, massively increased production costs, risk of a second wave etc - I’d doubt any international bands will travel for ages.

Also the band itself could easily bring the virus with them while touring

And as the above poster said, logistically I’m sure it’s a nightmare even if events are even technically possible. Different restrictions per country, massively increased production costs, risk of a second wave etc - I’d doubt any international bands will travel for ages.

Yeah I'm not even sure about rescheduled gigs for early next year going ahead tbh. No guarantees of anything.

I’m waiting for the first concert that’s just live-streamed!

There's been a few already alright but more organised by artists. Be interesting to see if promoters do it over next while though

• Advertisement

Those drive in gigs later this month have been cancelled. Not sure how that works when people were meant to be staying in their cars anyway tbh.

https://nialler9.com/live-at-the-drive-in-shows-featuring-gavin-james-aslan-more-can-no-longer-go-ahead/

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭T.V Eye

I’m waiting for the first concert that’s just live-streamed!

I watched a Guided by Voices live stream on Friday. 25e for the pleasure.

It’s not a gig, but taken as it’s own thing I really enjoyed it.

111632051_10158755144139548_5769510571526393578_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=9QDwZey_LP0AX9nBKW2&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=45fd00e453a395e100a1166f55260b36&oe=5F3D4652

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Viagogo have changed their terms and conditions that state if a gig is postponed into 2021, you're not eligible for a refund (or credit). They're applying these retrospectively also.

Absolute scumbags.

Viagogo have changed their terms and conditions that state if a gig is postponed into 2021, you're not eligible for a refund (or credit). They're applying these retrospectively also.

Absolute scumbags.

Bad enough to begin with but that's terrible. Can't see how they can legally make it retrospectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Eod100 wrote: »
    Bad enough to begin with but that's terrible. Can't see how they can legally make it retrospectively.

Big time. They have even advised customers who cannot attend a rescheduled event to relist the tickets on its website, which allows the company to take a repeat commission of up to 25% on every new sale.

Full article I pulled it from here

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/jul/23/viagogo-refund-fans-gigs-cancelled-pandemic-tickets-policy

Once again, if the ticket seller is not playing ball, the only avenue is a charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Genesis postponed to 15th and 16th April 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

only thing left standing for me is WWE NXT UK takeover in the 3Arena on the 25th Oct and its very doubtful it will actually happen

looking at the 3arena website the following is still scheduled for 2020

30th Aug- Ru Paul
    7th/8th Sep- Stormzy
    10th Sep- Trevor Noah
    11th/12th Sep- André Rieu
    19th Sep- Isai Rajangam
    3rd Oct- Bellator MMA
    7th Oct- Biffy Clyro
    10th Oct- The Black Crowes
    16th Oct- Our Earth Live
    17th Oct- 90s Disco
    18th Oct- The Chainsmokers
    25th Oct- WWE NXT Uk Takeover
    5th Nov- Ozzy Osbourne
    25th Nov- Ludovico Einaudi

ATM its looking a very busy 2021 for the arena and please ****ing god this virus is under control by then

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

I've lost track of the amount of times the Ozzy gig has been postponed.It would be ironic if it went ahead this year :rolleyes:

drake70 wrote: »
    I've lost track of the amount of times the Ozzy gig has been postponed.It would be ironic if it went ahead this year :rolleyes:

Heard he's not great health wise

He probably forgot he still has those dates booked

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Heard he's not great health wise

He probably forgot he still has those dates booked

He's up and down health wise. Sharon is the boss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

only thing left standing for me is WWE NXT UK takeover in the 3Arena on the 25th Oct and its very doubtful it will actually happen

30th Aug- Ru Paul
    7th/8th Sep- Stormzy
    10th Sep- Trevor Noah
    19th Sep- Isai Rajangam
    3rd Oct- Bellator MMA
    7th Oct- Biffy Clyro
    16th Oct- Our Earth Live
    17th Oct- 90s Disco
    5th Nov- Ozzy Osbourne

ATM its looking a very busy 2021 for the arena and please ****ing god this virus is under control by then

Biffy didnt even put the tickets on sale, they pulled it as all the lockdown stuff started in between announcement and on sale date.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mushy wrote: »
    Biffy didnt even put the tickets on sale, they pulled it as all the lockdown stuff started in between announcement and on sale date.

And now its postponed with no dates in the pipeline

Mushy wrote: »
    And now its postponed with no dates in the pipeline

ahh balls

The black crowes definitely won't happen in October too

• Registered Users Posts: 33,967 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Absolute scumbags.

No way that can stand up in the EU. They can do pretty much what they like in the States and just cut and pasted across those T&Cs, I presume.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

Kodaline have announced a Malahide Castle show for next year and tickets for their Olympia shows are valid for that date

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

30th Aug- Ru Paul
    7th/8th Sep- Stormzy
    10th Sep- Trevor Noah
    19th Sep- Isai Rajangam
    3rd Oct- Bellator MMA
    7th Oct- Biffy Clyro
    16th Oct- Our Earth Live
    17th Oct- 90s Disco
    5th Nov- Ozzy Osbourne

I have a ticket for Trevor Noah, but based on how things go I don't expect it to go ahead. It is still on, but it is as part of a tour, so will they have to postpone it again?
    I only have one more concert until the end of the year (Inhaler at the Academy), everything else has been cancelled or postponed for next year

Stormzy moved to the 2nd and 3rd of April

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

king kong company gig in olympia in october cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Guns N Roses back on next June........on a Tuesday.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Guns N Roses back on next June........on a Tuesday.

Same day as MCR

Same situation as slane 2019 and the cure all over again, promoter's not paying much attention

MCR for me GNR are great live but saw them already

Heres hoping gigs happen in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

30th Aug- Ru Paul
    7th/8th Sep- Stormzy
    10th Sep- Trevor Noah
    19th Sep- Isai Rajangam
    3rd Oct- Bellator MMA
    7th Oct- Biffy Clyro
    16th Oct- Our Earth Live
    17th Oct- 90s Disco
    5th Nov- Ozzy Osbourne

I've tickets to Andre Rieu, when are they going to cancel this? It's 12th September.

To thine own self be true

I've tickets to Andre Rieu, when are they going to cancel this? It's 12th September.

Soon enough id say

Only thing I have left is WWE on the 25th October but atm its very likely it won't go ahead even at half capacity in the 3arena

stubborn Martin and friends in the dail will deff not allow big indoor gatherings this year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Soon enough id say

Only thing I have left is WWE on the 25th October but atm its very likely it won't go ahead even at half capacity in the 3arena

stubborn Martin and friends in the dail will deff not allow big indoor gatherings this year
    It's frustrating because obviously it needs to be cancelled so why the delay in the announcement!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Live Nation UK
    NEW: Biffy Clyro head out on The Fingers Crossed Tour in April 2021, calling at Liverpool, London, Cambridge, Sheffield, Southampton and Bristol.
    Pre-order/order the album from https://store.biffyclyro.com/ by midnight Monday 17th August, to gain access to the tour presale starting 10am Wednesday 19th August.
    Tickets on sale Friday 21st August at 10am 👉http://livenation.uk/pTKe30r2XpI

Looks like its a smaller tour than the arena one, would love to see them add an Olympia show.

Advertisement