Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

hawkelady wrote: »
    Fair play! How did you go about initially trying to get a refund? Did you email them with your details or ring them ?

I got an email when my event was rescheduled and I replied to it requesting a refund.

Ticketmaster ignored my request and replied saying my tickets were valid for the new date. I replied again requesting a refund and a few days later they replied agreeing to it.

It didn't take much persistence so if you're looking for a refund just keep requesting it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Comments from the Taoiseach here about festivals in September. Not sure how many outdoor festivals take place after September, EP would have been one of the last but hopefully a sign that outdoor and indoor gigs will be back at some stage

“If things continue to go in the right direction, and if the virus stays suppressed, I think we could see some small outdoor mass gatherings in September.

“Maybe outdoor cultural events of a few thousand people, maybe three or four or five thousand people, but unlikely to be more than that.

https://www.thejournal.ie/festivals-cinema-leo-varadkar-5124419-Jun2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Eod100 wrote: »
    Comments from the Taoiseach here about festivals in September. Not sure how many outdoor festivals take place after September, EP would have been one of the last but hopefully a sign that outdoor and indoor gigs will be back at some stage

“If things continue to go in the right direction, and if the virus stays suppressed, I think we could see some small outdoor mass gatherings in September.

“Maybe outdoor cultural events of a few thousand people, maybe three or four or five thousand people, but unlikely to be more than that.

https://www.thejournal.ie/festivals-cinema-leo-varadkar-5124419-Jun2020/

Vantastival was rescheduled for September.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Vantastival was rescheduled for September.

Didn't realise that! Still see they're still working away and hoping to hold it from their site anyways. I guess a lot of the bigger festivals wouldn't have been able to hold them in Autumn anyways but their optimism could be a fairly shrewd move if it works out for them. Best of luck to them, would be great to have a sign that things are getting back to more normal for gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Didn't realise that! Still see they're still working away and hoping to hold it from their site anyways. I guess a lot of the bigger festivals wouldn't have been able to hold them in Autumn anyways but their optimism could be a fairly shrewd move if it works out for them. Best of luck to them, would be great to have a sign that things are getting back to more normal for gigs

I think they're holding off until the end of this month to make a decision either way. Fingers crossed.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    I think they're holding off until the end of this month to make a decision either way. Fingers crossed.

Yeah that's the tricky bit. I guess it's probably from September as in people could put on gigs from then on once guidelines are clear. It's tricky to plan ahead 2 months out without knowing how things will be. But hopefully they'll be able to go ahead with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

bren2002 wrote: »
    This might be useful to others -

https://web.archive.org/web/20191215074121/https://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

Applied for a refund online for 2 events that have been rescheduled that I bought with cash at an outlet in December and got refunded minus the service charges which I am obviously not happy about.

I asked why I wasn't refunded the service charges and they said the outlet keeps the service charge.

Is this actually correct as I see nowhere in the old terms and conditions that I should not be refunded the service charges if the event is rescheduled when bought from an outlet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Applied for a refund online for 2 events that have been rescheduled that I bought with cash at an outlet in December and got refunded minus the service charges which I am obviously not happy about.

I asked why I wasn't refunded the service charges and they said the outlet keeps the service charge.

Is this actually correct as I see nowhere in the old terms and conditions that I should not be refunded the service charges if the event is rescheduled when bought from an outlet?

I'd say outlet t&c's are different to online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I'd say outlet t&c's are different to online.

They probably are and I asked could I see them and no response to that.

Was told that the outlet I bought from is no longer a Ticketmaster which I pointed out wasn't true so was basically told to go in there and ask for the service charges back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,937 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Before lockdown at the start of March 3arena hosted sell out gigs with a few regulations in place (more hand sanitisation units, trained staff on Covid etc). We could see the Arena opened up again and shows been allowed go ahead in the near future but we also have to put into consideration of acts postponing tours

atm a few gigs (Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec 2020) are still down for their original dates but its really wait and see

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Before lockdown at the start of March 3arena hosted sell out gigs with a few regulations in place (more hand sanitisation units, trained staff on Covid etc). We could see the Arena opened up again and shows been allowed go ahead in the near future but we also have to put into consideration of acts postponing tours

atm a few gigs (Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec 2020) are still down for their original dates but its really wait and see

I think 3Arena could be the last venue to open just cos it's one the biggest indoor venue in the country but hopefully will see gigs in the Autumn all going well with smaller and medium venues and then bigger ones in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

What happens where shows you have TX for end up getting rescheduled for the same night - as has just happened with Grant Lee Philips and the Who.

Assuming both gigs go ahead (would be very surprised if they did, tbh) I[d rather go to GLP.

Frustratingly, seems to be no contact info on the TM site. Anyone know a phone no or email>?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

hkjohn wrote: »
    What happens where shows you have TX for end up getting rescheduled for the same night - as has just happened with Grant Lee Philips and the Who.

Assuming both gigs go ahead (would be very surprised if they did, tbh) I[d rather go to GLP.

Frustratingly, seems to be no contact info on the TM site. Anyone know a phone no or email>?

If you look through this thread, somewhere there's the link for T/M refunds.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

104445827_3227607090624746_7574560107032501096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=CboElOcRf5IAX82nVXo&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8fc1316a6eefbaecb0f7a0e1f64b5677&oe=5F134051

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

"The Chats"
    We have just been advised that The Chats at The Olympia Theatre , Dublin which was due to take place on the 19th October 2020 has been rescheduled due to COVID-19.

What Now?

The event will now take place at the same venue on Monday 19th April 2021.

This is now an Early Show. Doors Open 7.00pm

wonder about this "early show", are they trying to do 2 gigs in the venue in a single night?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

104541598_10156891238612271_2616992771688605761_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=da1649&_nc_ohc=OZq5AHTmEWEAX9fiQVi&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=b408778b3b977f70f90375fbf5bffbfb&oe=5F117AC5

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

whats the story with Guns n roses marley park 26th June
    tickets still on sale with Ticketmaster did I miss some announcement here :confused::confused:

104445827_3227607090624746_7574560107032501096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=CboElOcRf5IAX82nVXo&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8fc1316a6eefbaecb0f7a0e1f64b5677&oe=5F134051

Ah that's a pity! Guess they cant wait around on hope they can go ahead in September. Was that the last festival that was in theory still going ahead/not cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Ah that's a pity! Guess they cant wait around on hope they can go ahead in September. Was that the last festival that was in theory still going ahead/not cancelled?

Fuinneamh is still on i think?

Fuinneamh is still on i think?

I'm not sure actually! Good news here. Loads of gigs obviously already cancelled but could see gigs later this summer/autumn https://twitter.com/districtmagazin/status/1273986068875022341?s=19

• Advertisement

Things looking promising

The 3Arena needs events to survive and hopefully they can get them towards the end of the year

A lot has to do with if bands actually decide too tour as scheduled

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Things looking promising

The 3Arena needs events to survive and hopefully they can get them towards the end of the year

A lot has to do with if bands actually decide too tour as scheduled
    The venue is owned by a Live Nation subsidiary, Apollo Leisure Group Ltd.[3] The venue is among the top ten busiest music arenas in the world.

I'm sure they'll manage. 3Arena is pretty much the last venue whose survival I'd be giving a sh1t about in this country.

I'm sure they'll manage. 3Arena is pretty much the last venue whose survival I'd be giving a sh1t about in this country.

I don't have much attachment to 3Arena bar if it went would mean a lot of artists might not play here and the job losses. But yeah Live Nation are huge. Jim Carroll had a very critical thread on them and how they're treating artists with coronavirus. https://twitter.com/byjimcarroll/status/1273664739265204225?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Will any festivals happen this summer?

Very doubtful

A lot cancelled a few weeks ago, prob not expecting things to work out so quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

the chats gig has been rescheduled to april 21...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

You've a better chance of Waterford and Leitrim winning the all Irelands this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    You've a better chance of Waterford and Leitrim winning the all Irelands this year.

Rockathon reckon there going ahead this year.

Most if not all the ones already scheduled have been cancelled by now. Never know could be small impromptu festivals with Irish acts but think it only goes to 500 outdoors after 20th July so might not be feasible unless acts waive/reduce fees or state pays for them to be put on. The second option would be great to boost people's morale, maybe use public parks say to host them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Most if not all the ones already scheduled have been cancelled by now. Never know could be small impromptu festivals with Irish acts but think it only goes to 500 outdoors after 20th July so might not be feasible unless acts waive/reduce fees or state pays for them to be put on. The second option would be great to boost people's morale, maybe use public parks say to host them

My reading of it would be 500 per stage?? I think a small festival may be feasible!

Demand would be there and, for example, B&S is about 150 a ticket- I’d pay twice that for a festival after how this summer has gone!

Advertisement