Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Based on the new medium-term plan, I can't see many gigs going ahead until April unfortunately.
    Maybe some of the smaller venues like Workman's Club or Whelan's can continue with small gigs, up to 50 people, but with how volatile the situation is, it is very difficult to plan in advance. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Outside chance of getting back to gig normal by mid April/May 2021

3arena as its a large stadia might have different crowd restrictions. Then we have the promoter issues of postponing the tours til time sees fit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Still nothing regarding Black Crowes :mad: Get the finger out MCD

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I saw The Scratch are selling tickets for a gig in the Academy on Dec 18th (plus about five other Irish dates). I think they are re-scheduled dates but was wondering whats that about, the Tickermaster Info section of the page doesnt say anything at all about the set up, is it only 50 people, social distancing set up, bar open or closed etc.

I would go but would want to know what the set up is first, the Academy website has no Covid info section and only links straight to Ticketmaster to buy tickets. It doesnt inspire confidence, many people are going to want to know the details before committing to buying tickets.

RayCon wrote: »
    Still nothing regarding Black Crowes :mad: Get the finger out MCD

https://www.facebook.com/126879580715806/posts/4394865167250538/?substory_index=0

Got your wish

New date 21st October 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

No mention at all in the email from TM about the Black Crowes rescheduling that you can get a refund if you wish. They dont make it easy!

No mention at all in the email from TM about the Black Crowes rescheduling that you can get a refund if you wish. They dont make it easy!

I submitted a refund request on the site ... https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

you'll get a standard reply basically saying here's links that may address your query , but hit reply if you want your query to remain open. Hit reply and state that you want a refund as the new date doesn't suit and then wait .........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Any word on John Grant in Kilkenny in November, the venue is a church so i assume it'll be rescheduled for next year??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,489 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Any word on John Grant in Kilkenny in November, the venue is a church so i assume it'll be rescheduled for next year??

Considering he is HIV positive Id imagine hes staying put in Iceland until this is all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I submitted a refund request on the site ... https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

you'll get a standard reply basically saying here's links that may address your query , but hit reply if you want your query to remain open. Hit reply and state that you want a refund as the new date doesn't suit and then wait .........

I've just done the same. Can you let us know when your refund gets processed?

• Advertisement

Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭fafy

The Nal wrote: »
    Considering he is HIV positive Id imagine hes staying put in Iceland until this is all over.

Its not looking good for his gigs in Ireland in November, i’d expect a cancellation of all 4 gigs very shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,489 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

fafy wrote: »
    Its not looking good for his gigs in Ireland in November, i’d expect a cancellation of all 4 gigs very shortly

There are no gigs happening in Ireland for a long time. Next summer at best for anything over pub size.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

The Nal wrote: »
    There are no gigs happening in Ireland for a long time. Next summer at best for anything over pub size.

Yeah might be slightly bigger gigs happening outside Dublin, but even then not so sure. Have tickets for gig in Dublin next month but can't see it going ahead now unfortunately. Any gigs over course of this month and into next there could be gone now. This whole year has been a write off for anyone working in live music industry. Really feel for people having optimism to organise gigs now but must be so demoralizing being knocked back each time. I've started to buy tickets for the odd gig next year with no idea if it will go ahead just to give odd bit of financial support but whole thing is a mess

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah might be slightly bigger gigs happening outside Dublin, but even then not so sure. Have tickets for gig in Dublin next month but can't see it going ahead now unfortunately. Any gigs over course of this month and into next there could be gone now. This whole year has been a write off for anyone working in live music industry. Really feel for people having optimism to organise gigs now but must be so demoralizing being knocked back each time. I've started to buy tickets for the odd gig next year with no idea if it will go ahead just to give odd bit of financial support but whole thing is a mess

As we know other counties will have big shows take place before our cautious lads pull out a finger

All we can do is watch events around the world and see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    As we know other counties will have big shows take place before our cautious lads pull out a finger

All we can do is watch events around the world and see

There is a possibility that if other countries allow international tours to go ahead, the Irish dates won't just be postponed, they could be cancelled outright.

Zardoz wrote: »
    There is a possibility that if other countries allow international tours to go ahead, the Irish dates won't just be postponed, they could be cancelled outright.

Yeah the irish government will have to look at the economic benefits of concerts/sports etc

But we are a country who left a load of Italians come over here in march after the match was postponed and that was Italy was suffering with the virus

Going to a gig tomorrow in Waterford

Paddy Casey in the theatre royal, you pre order your drink when buying the ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Paddy Casey in the theatre royal, you pre order your drink when buying the ticket
    What? Like 12 pints of Guinness? :D

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    What? Like 12 pints of Guinness? :D

na 4 pints of Heino instead :D @ €5.30 a go

Will do

I got email notification that my ticket was cancelled. 5-7 days for the refund. I had bought the ticket before Ticketmaster changed their T&Cs so the booking fee better be included!

Howdy ... got an email back from Ticketmaster today acknowledging my request and confirming my refund was processed. Should be back in my account in 5-7 days :cool:

I got email notification that my ticket was cancelled. 5-7 days for the refund. I had bought the ticket before Ticketmaster changed their T&Cs so the booking fee better be included!

Oooops ... didn't see your update before posting mine

Great night at Paddy Casey In the Theatre Royal Waterford last night

The social distancing worked but its so hard to see it working for a bigger venue like the 3arena or even the Olympia

Great night at Paddy Casey In the Theatre Royal Waterford last night

The social distancing worked but its so hard to see it working for a bigger venue like the 3arena or even the Olympia

Was only at a gig there once. , but a stunning venue, fully restored, was very impressed, nothing like it around

Oooops ... didn't see your update before posting mine

Money (including booking fee) back onto my credit card today. Quick turnaround from Ticketmaster.

Money (including booking fee) back onto my credit card today. Quick turnaround from Ticketmaster.

Same here ...

fafy wrote: »

The 2 Cork November gigs at Saint Lukes now rescheduled to June 30th & July 1st 2021.

His Kilkenny gig is changed to July 3rd 2021.

Have not heard an update on the Letterkenny gig, his 4th gig on his Irish Tour

• Advertisement

3arena more than likely closed til 2021

Looking at the website they have 5 events listed for the remainder of 2020

WWE nxt UK is been moved to June 2021, announcement next week I'd say

Biffy Clyro is cancelled

That Ozzy show is not happening and I'm surprised its still listed (Ozzys management must of forgotten about it too)

The Chainsmokers on the 18th Oct more than likely rescheduled

Ludovico Einaudi was already rescheduled from earlier this year too 25th November 2020. That will be postponed again

Advertisement