Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

My reading of it would be 500 per stage?? I think a small festival may be feasible!

Demand would be there and, for example, B&S is about 150 a ticket- I’d pay twice that for a festival after how this summer has gone!

I think its total. Otherwise would be virtually impossible to ensure only 500 people were at each stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭fafy

Cat Stevens - Live At The Marquee is now showing as “cancelled” on TM.

11 gigs confirmed, and a few still waiting on annew date, such as: Orbital, Jenny Greene, Diana Ross

If i recall, there was 23 events originally, so plenty more to be announced i’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Eod100 wrote: »
    I think its total. Otherwise would be virtually impossible to ensure only 500 people were at each stage!

Cordon off each section & have staff with clickers letting people in.

You want to see a specific stage then get there early- definitely doable

Cordon off each section & have staff with clickers letting people in.

You want to see a specific stage then get there early- definitely doable

Indoor stage in a tent possibly. Outdoor I don't think it would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Indoor stage in a tent possibly. Outdoor I don't think it would work.

Yeah, maybe you’re right!
    I can guarantee the demand is there tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Passenger postponed from 29 August to 14 February 2021.

CMO brought up mass gatherings after 20th July and said that the limit on events of more than 100 indoors and 500 people outdoors will be in place ''for some time''. Hopefully there could be small scale gigs this year but may be a while for big gatherings by sounds of it unfortunately. That said still a while to go between now and then tbf!

https://twitter.com/juneshannon/status/1275116578506444800

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

afro man wrote: »
    whats the story with Guns n roses marley park 26th June
    tickets still on sale with Ticketmaster did I miss some announcement here :confused::confused:

That's just TM for you. I've been back and forth, won't refund until a rescheduled date is announced by the promotor. I'll wait till Friday then start a chargeback with the bank, TM are point blank refusing a refund.

I've never been jealous of plants before.. :phttps://twitter.com/CNN/status/1275443527690776576

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

amyl and the sniffers rescheduled, no date yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

quaidox wrote: »
    amyl and the sniffers rescheduled, no date yet....

They were actually opening for the Hella Mega tour on the UK&Ire dates (was suppose to be next monday :()

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Ticketmaster are still refusing to refund my gnr tickets, even though the date of the event has passed. This is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rubadub wrote: »
    "The Chats"
    We have just been advised that The Chats at The Olympia Theatre , Dublin which was due to take place on the 19th October 2020 has been rescheduled due to COVID-19.

What Now?

The event will now take place at the same venue on Monday 19th April 2021.

This is now an Early Show. Doors Open 7.00pm

wonder about this "early show", are they trying to do 2 gigs in the venue in a single night?
    quaidox wrote: »
    the chats gig has been rescheduled to april 21...
    Where did you see that date? I still see 19th on the olympia site and ticketmaster.

Actually doing a search I see this, so guess you might have seen the 21 for 2021

Tickets The Chats, Dublin | Mon 19 Apr 21 19:00 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Ticketmaster are still refusing to refund my gnr tickets, even though the date of the event has passed. This is ridiculous.

Agreed, they won't give a time limit for the promotor to reschedule either, so effectively trying to use an indefinite period to reschedule and not refund.

Contacted BOI this morning, said I've 120 days front the date of the gig rather than purchase to start a chargeback, so will do that for the full amount including the booking fee they're holding for other tickets.

Going to do a separate one for the booking fees from other tickets.

As others have said, initiate a charge back with your card provider.

Deep Purple/Blue Oyster Cult UK tour pushed too 2021, had interest in going to one of them this year damn it anyway :(:(

2/10/2021- Manchester Arena
    3/10/2021- FD Arena Leeds
    5/10/2021- Hydro Glasgow
    7/10/2021- O2 Arena London
    8/10/2021- Birmingham Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

See the separate GnR thread.

Plenty have secured refunds - I pressed TM over the weekend and they eventually relented, my refund is currently being processed.

They say new date will be released 6th July (they have said several times previous a date would be released too).

Either hassle them and don't accept no, or wait for 6th on the off chance they do declare the new date and then even under their rules you have the right to request a refund.

Another Love Story in August cancelled. Possibly one of the last festivals left standing. https://www.anotherlovestory.ie/untilnextyear/

Santana now cancelled rather than postponed.

• Advertisement

Cork jazz festival which was scheduled for October bank holiday weekend cancelled. Probably inevitable but thought they might be able to put on free or ticketed social distanced gigs. https://twitter.com/corkjazzfest/status/1279022446557966336?s=19

i was hopeful we might see gigs before Christmas here but i don't think so

The government could permit them (after August) but its the artists who are deciding to postpone and try again next year

2021 will be a busy busy gig year

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i was hopeful we might see gigs before Christmas here but i don't think so

The government could permit them (after August) but its the artists who are deciding to postpone and try again next year

2021 will be a busy busy gig year

I think its cause there is so much uncertainty. After 20th July it's only up to a maximum of 100 people indoor which wouldn't be viable even for smaller gigs with social distancing. No roadmap of when or how gigs can return either

Cork jazz festival which was scheduled for October bank holiday weekend cancelled. Probably inevitable but thought they might be able to put on free or ticketed social distanced gigs. https://twitter.com/corkjazzfest/status/1279022446557966336?s=19

Gigs for 2020 are pretty much dead in the water, given current Govt guidelines. It's so sad to see. It would be a nightmare trying to organise a CJF conforming with whatever guidelines are in place at that time- all festivals need volumes of people to make them work and balance the books.

Gigs for 2020 are pretty much dead in the water, given current Govt guidelines. It's so sad to see. It would be a nightmare trying to organise a CJF conforming with whatever guidelines are in place at that time- all festivals need volumes of people to make them work and balance the books.

Think there may be small scale gigs between now and end of year all going well but yeah can't see any return to normality for live music scene this year. That said not sure what will change drastically between now and January say.

Ah yeah, understand that. Just thought Diaego might pump in money to host a free trail even but with social distancing can see how it would be very impractical.

Think there may be small scale gigs between now and end of year all going well but yeah can't see any return to normality for live music scene this year. That said not sure what will change drastically between now and January say.

Ah yeah, understand that. Just thought Diaego might pump in money to host a free trail even but with social distancing can see how it would be very impractical.

It's small venue related to a large degree and there's a ton of young people who go for the "craic" not the music-It's an institution with it's non-music related social scene and it's been that way for years- I mean, with a HUGE amount of imagination, multiple gigs by the artists over the course of a day, a "break" in Covid infections, a much more lax approach to social distancing rules, and no big insurance premiums, it MIGHT work. Just saying that probably shows just a small percentage of the problems- less accommodation due to the rules, possible travel restrictions, less people inclined to go for the music element due to their age etc etc etc- with the best will in the world there's any number of issues - it's sad though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Vast majority of gigs put back by a year.

Outright cancelled so far:
    John Prine
    Fontaines DC Cork
    Cat Stevens
    Randy Newman
    Santana
    Conan Gray
    Kings Of Leon
    ELO
    Stranglers
    James Blake
    Rhiannon Giddens
    Sunstroke
    Nick Mason
    Toots
    Suede
    Camilla Cabello
    Pink Martini
    21 Pilots
    Niall Horan

Elton John will now take place on Friday and Saturday the 3rd and 4th of December 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm still waiting for word on Andre Rieu in the 3. It was changed from April to September already but no sign on any announcement re September yet on his website.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Any day now Genesis will announce the rescheduled dates

Its only a UK & Ireland tour but still risky too do it this year

Advertisement