Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

The Phantom of the Opera, due to take place from 10 June - 18 July 2020, will now not go ahead as scheduled. Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, together with the producers of the show, are working hard to arrange a new date, and should it be possible to reschedule, we'll be in touch to let you know.

https://bordgaisenergytheatre.ie › artist

The Phantom of the Opera UK and Ireland tour is to close due to COVID-19.

Full statement from Cameron Mackintosh and the Really Useful Group attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭fafy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah still waiting on a new date for the National too

Just been rescheduled for 2021

Linerick June 6th
    Cork June 7th
    Belfast June 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

fafy wrote: »
    Just been rescheduled for June 7th 2021

Yup, just posted a few posts above! :)

Original Cork Marquee 2020 lineup, had 23 events,

8 of these have been cancelled,
    5 are still waiting on a new date,
    10 are confirmed with revised 2021dates

Orbital, Cat Stevens, Diana Ross, Jenny Greene, One Day (dj event), still to be 2021 confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Duran Duran rescheduled to Sun 13th June 2021

"Hello,

We have just been advised that Duran Duran at St. Annes Park which was due to take place on the 7th June 2020 has been rescheduled due to COVID-19.

What Now?

The event will now take place at the same venue on Sunday 13th June 2021
    "

• Advertisement

MCD have rescheduled Crowded House, Keane, Beck and Michael Kiwanuka to next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,080 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

RubyK wrote: »
    Duran Duran rescheduled to Sun 13th June 2021

"Hello,

We have just been advised that Duran Duran at St. Annes Park which was due to take place on the 7th June 2020 has been rescheduled due to COVID-19.

What Now?

The event will now take place at the same venue on Sunday 13th June 2021
    "

Cool I'll apply for a refund

Walking On Cars as part of Trinity series cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It is weird that nothing has been said about the Specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Lux23 wrote: »

And Haim also, unless I missed that announcement. Can still buy tickets for it on Ticketmaster!

• Advertisement

Lux23 wrote: »

They will prob make a 'special' announcement about it

I'll get my coat lol

peejay1986 wrote: »
    And Haim also, unless I missed that announcement. Can still buy tickets for it on Ticketmaster!

Looks like 4 gigs rescheduled so far and Walking on Cars rescheduled. Don't think there was any announcement for WOC, just an email sent to people with tickets. Guess those gigs will be postponed or cancelled over next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

peejay1986 wrote: »

presumably still just trying to iron out rescheduled dates. Irish one is probably sorted, but not officially announced until all others on the tour are set in stone, in case one doesn't work, and they have to re-jig a few more.

Hard to see any gigs happening before Christmas sadly

Its only the start of summer and things are improving overall but it's so hard to predict what our government will do. They let thousands march the other day

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They let thousands march the other day

Not quite “Let”,
    numbers were way more than expected, file being sent to DPP, and Mondays “Black Lives Matter” Dublin March, has been cancelled, as a result- fear of prosecution.

Its Apples & Oranges, you can’t predict 100%, attendance at a march, you can,at a venue

Hard to see any gigs happening before Christmas sadly

Its only the start of summer and things are improving overall but it's so hard to predict what our government will do. They let thousands march the other day

I always had it in my head it would be 2021 at the earliest. But I'm not sure what will dramatically change from after phase 5 in August til January say. If social distancing still exists will still pose the logical and economic headaches for organising gigs.

Would be curious to know what capacity of venues promoters are selling for gigs put on and sold since the restrictions. For rescheduled ones it will be original capacity so not sure are they just hoping for the best? Or logistically lot easier to reschedule gig in hope that it does happen then worry about putting on new ones?

My earliest postponed gig next year is January in 3 Arena but not sure how it could go ahead with original capacity with social distancing so no idea how it's going to play out tbh!

I always had it in my head it would be 2021 at the earliest. But I'm not sure what will dramatically change from after phase 5 in August til January say. If social distancing still exists will still pose the logical and economic headaches for organising gigs.

Would be curious to know what capacity of venues promoters are selling for gigs put on and sold since the restrictions. For rescheduled ones it will be original capacity so not sure are they just hoping for the best? Or logistically lot easier to reschedule gig in hope that it does happen then worry about putting on new ones?

My earliest postponed gig next year is January in 3 Arena but not sure how it could go ahead with original capacity with social distancing so no idea how it's going to play out tbh!

Not the thread for this talk but maybe gig promoters are hopeful for a vaccine or anti biotic been available soon which could bring things back to normal of some description

Not the thread for this talk but maybe gig promoters are hopeful for a vaccine or anti biotic been available soon which could bring things back to normal of some description

Ah guess it's all related now with the context of covid19! Maybe, I think if a vaccine can be made and it's made within 2/3 years it would be good going.

The government roadmap has gigs in phase 5 with social distancing. I think by their natures promoters are probably fairly optimistic and creative people so hopefully they come up with something workable. Those drive-in gigs are an example of that. I couldn't see myself going to one but shows they're thinking outside the box.

It's will either be live gigs or reverse the hologram gigs and have artists play live and audience stream from home :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Ian Brown was rescheduled for the Olympia for October 31. Think that's quite ambitious of social distancing is still required.

Ian Brown was rescheduled for the Olympia for October 31. Think that's quite ambitious of social distancing is still required.

Same with a lot of other rescheduled gigs just possibly place holder dates . Massive massive bonus for the year if they allow gigs post summer with little/no social distancing

No doubt a lot of hotels booked for rescheduled dates and you have to wonder will people still stay the night without the gigs etc

• Advertisement

Got a email from TM to say my refund for Duran Duran had been processed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

No doubt a lot of hotels booked for rescheduled dates and you have to wonder will people still stay the night without the gigs etc

Assume the hotels won't refund people so would think only weekend dates maybe?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Assume the hotels won't refund people so would think only weekend dates maybe?

presume that people weren't stupid enough to book non refundable rooms for gig dates. Free cancellation the only way to go

I booked a room for Sunday 25th Oct for the rescheduled WWE UK Takeover event in the 3arena but as much as i like to keep it i just think without a gig/event id be wasting money. Be nice to get away for the night but ya know

From an article in the examiner

"The GAA have been buoyed by the expert advice of the medical expertise on their coronavirus advisory body that the extent of the disease is weakening, and while restrictions will be in place for the foreseeable future it is envisaged crowds will be able to attend Championship games in the autumn"

The last sentence seems interesting and gigs would deff be in a similar bracket

From an article in the examiner

"The GAA have been buoyed by the expert advice of the medical expertise on their coronavirus advisory body that the extent of the disease is weakening, and while restrictions will be in place for the foreseeable future it is envisaged crowds will be able to attend Championship games in the autumn"

The last sentence seems interesting and gigs would deff be in a similar bracket

Interesting alright. I'm not sure if they mean social distancing would still be around by then so capacity of crowd could be reduced? And with games in outdoor stadiums might be a bit different but it's a positive alright no doubt and hopefully a good sign for gigs one way or the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Interesting alright. I'm not sure if they mean social distancing would still be around by then so capacity of crowd could be reduced? And with games in outdoor stadiums might be a bit different but it's a positive alright no doubt and hopefully a good sign for gigs one way or the other!

Would have said big differences between a gig and a GAA match at that time of the year.
    Drink and dancing would be the main gig ones, when people get drunk, no social distancing.
    Most gigs would be inside at that stage so different to an outdoor event.
    GAA will just reduce the numbers allowed in and split the fans away from each other in the stands but can't see how that would work for a Dubs match though?

Therapy postponing gig from September to April 2021 https://twitter.com/olympiatheatre/status/1268815067291754496?s=19

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

101263327_10156850974762271_4237346461433462784_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=da1649&_nc_ohc=PkbD7Gr0EhAAX-Pswe5&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=311c46cbd53795ce16e97d2832eba974&oe=5F007FF2

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Has anyone here applied for a refund for the Trinity gigs? Just wondering how long it should take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,330 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Has anyone heard about the HAIM gig in trinity?
    I know the specials one was rescheduled but heard nothing about Haim one and can't find anything online

Advertisement