Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    All my summer 2020 concerts rescheduled and now the wait for the post summer ones to be rescheduled

Genesis- hoping it will be early 2021

Ozzy- **** knows what's happening for that one at this stage

Dont have a ticket for Elton John yet but hoping to pick up a ticket for whatever date it will be

I was looking at getting a ticket for one of his shows but then looked at the price and was like no thanks, even though id love to go i cant justify the price

• Registered Users Posts: 38,080 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I was looking at getting a ticket for one of his shows but then looked at the price and was like no thanks, even though id love to go i cant justify the price

Id pay anything including face value (nothing over) cause its the last time we will see him live here

No interest in those VIP packages. Cheapest is like €310 euro and you only get a bag of merch for it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Dublin Gospel Choir's gig originally on Paddy's Day this year and rescheduled to this month, how rescheduled to Paddy's Day 2021.

https://twitter.com/Select1veMemory/status/1270740917528518656

I see Coachella has been cancelled in October

I see Coachella has been cancelled in October

Yeah that always seemed fairly optimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Celine Dion originally scheduled for September 2020 moved to 11th & 12th April 2021 in 3Arena.

Id pay anything including face value (nothing over) cause its the last time we will see him live here

No interest in those VIP packages. Cheapest is like €310 euro and you only get a bag of merch for it

I went to see him June last year in 3Arena as I thought that would be his last gig over here. :rolleyes:
    Got great tickets Block E Row 9 which were originally VIP which didn't sell, 3 days before the gig at face value for ordinary tickets, €197 each :eek:.
    You'd always have a chance of great seated VIP tickets which don't sell for gigs like that at the ordinary price a week or two before the gig.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Celine Dion originally scheduled for September 2020 moved to 11th & 12th April 2021 in 3Arena.

Looks like a fair amount of gigs are being pushed back until next year. Know it's part of tour but still

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

Anyone know how long you would have to claim a refund from Ticketmaster for a gig that's rescheduled? Say if you decide later this year that you don't want to go due to Covid concerns say if cases start increasing again but the gig isnt until Spring next year.

Can't find it anywhere in T&C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

^^^ it's vague. the t&cs say within the time period specified, but the time period is nbever included in their comms.

If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund

I've never seen the specified deadline!

• Advertisement

I got a refund from them minus their processing fee.
    I know they changed their T&Cs after CVD19 and this is now their policy, obviously I agreed to their earlier T&Cs.

It's only a €12.
    The small claims court is €25
    They're relying on this inertia
    I’m annoyed, but I’m not going to let €12 effect me

Has anyone else got around this new policy?

bren2002 wrote: »
    I know they changed their T&Cs after CVD19 and this is now their policy, obviously I agreed to their earlier T&Cs.

It's only a €12.

If you agreed to the previous T and Cs then they should refund in full. Think someone in this or 2020 thread copy and pasted their previous t and cs if you wanted to try find it and send it by email to them on off chance that would help? Know it's not huge money but more the principle!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I would definitely give them hassle over this. They have no right to keep the service fee.
    The way I look at it is that every time you complain to them it costs then some money in terms of a human having to respond to you, log a case etc etc.
    So if you are in the right, and know you are in the right then complain and complain often.

bren2002 wrote: »

It's only a €12.

What gig was it?
    As already said, don't let them away with it if the tickets were bought before they changed their t&c's.
    Might be only €12 but multiply that by thousands and that's a lot of money.

What gig was it?
    As already said, don't let them away with it if the tickets were bought before they changed their t&c's.
    Might be only €12 but multiply that by thousands and that's a lot of money.

The National in Belfast, should have been last weekend.

I'll keep at them over email and see where it gets me, I'm not going to stress over it.

This might be useful to others -

https://web.archive.org/web/20191215074121/https://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I had seen some gigs from Mar/Apr/May rescheduled to September, so thought this might go ahead but how long could they wait before deciding.
    Wonder will those rescheduled to September be moved again now.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I had seen some gigs from Mar/Apr/May rescheduled to September, so thought this might go ahead but how long could they wait before deciding.

You would imagine so as even if it's down to 1 metre, attendances at gigs would still be heavily curtailed and money wise, probably not worth it for some main acts/promoters.

I see the Rapture gig in Vicar St has been cancelled with no date rescheduled

• Advertisement

You would imagine so as even if it's down to 1 metre, attendances at gigs would still be heavily curtailed and money wise, probably not worth it for some main acts/promoters.

Yeah I think number of people is still the carrier too even if its down to 1m and that's on the restricting number of people who can meet in first place and on economics side. Wonder would they bring in mask wearing and not have bars running say would that make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,080 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah I think number of people is still the carrier too even if its down to 1m and that's on the restricting number of people who can meet in first place and on economics side. Wonder would they bring in mask wearing and not have bars running say would that make any difference?

that would really drive people over the edge. At some 3Arena gigs people spend more time at the bar than at the gig and that goes for outdoor gigs too. I like a few pints at the gig but i wouldn't stay at the bar and talk for what the price i paid for the ticket

At the end of the day we have contraire decision makers (one is not even in government and is the CMO) who are stubborn but the economy/venues etc have to be thought of too

that would really drive people over the edge. At some 3Arena gigs people spend more time at the bar than at the gig and that goes for outdoor gigs too. I like a few pints at the gig but i wouldn't stay at the bar and talk for what the price i paid for the ticket

At the end of the day we have contraire decision makers (one is not even in government and is the CMO) who are stubborn but the economy/venues etc have to be thought of too

Ah yeah more speculating on my part really tbh. I think experience will definitely, how different will have to wait and see I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,118 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

H8GHOTI wrote: »

I'm waiting on this scenario with Andre Rieu.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Clutch have rescheduled to 21st July 2021, tickets remain valid

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

I didn't think so either. Tickets were bought in February before any changes to T&C were made. I replied to their email requesting the refund again.

I got an email from Ticketmaster saying they would refund the tickets and I see today the full amount is back on my card. If they aren't refunding fees I'd strongly encourage people to keep responding requesting the full amount. If the tickets were bought before the T&C changed you are due it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,330 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Simply Red in October has been pushed back to October 2021 due to Covid-19.
    So their...holding back the year....

I'd say most people will look for refunds as........"Money's too tight to mention" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I got an email from Ticketmaster saying they would refund the tickets and I see today the full amount is back on my card. If they aren't refunding fees I'd strongly encourage people to keep responding requesting the full amount. If the tickets were bought before the T&C changed you are due it back.

Fair play! How did you go about initially trying to get a refund? Did you email them with your details or ring them ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Jason Isbell at the Olympia moved from November '20 to November '21.

Advertisement