Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zwift spins

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yep, can agree with that.

Race 1 - dropped miserably which I put down to lumpy course but ya know.

Race 2 - a league race which was better but no limps, grabbed second.

Race 3 - this will be Sunday & hoping not to get shelled as early as race one.

It will be interesting as the form feels good being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

This was a League race. Handicap. I went off the front for a few laps early and when I got caught I struggled to recover and ended up pulling up about halfway through. Just after that the pace slowed :P

In hindsight I should have stayed in and would have lasted until the end - but you live and learn. Hoping my form improves over the next few weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

daragh_ wrote: »
    First real race of the year last night. All notions I had were swiftly dashed. I can confirm that performance on Zwift earlier in the year does NOT transfer to the road. :rolleyes:

Zwift Reality

This was a League race. Handicap. I went off the front for a few laps early and when I got caught I struggled to recover and ended up pulling up about halfway through. Just after that the pace slowed :P

In hindsight I should have stayed in and would have lasted until the end - but you live and learn. Hoping my form improves over the next few weeks.

You were very strong and put in a helluva an effort at the start. I was laughing at the end of the first lap as it looked like you just decided to say F those guys, if they aren't gonna work, I'll do it on my own.

dahat wrote: »
    It will be interesting as the form feels good being honest.

I took a few steps back but there are riders who have come back in phenomenal shape, and in A4, A3 etc. the level needed to be up there is, looking in, way higher than it was last year IMO

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    I took a few steps back but there are riders who have come back in phenomenal shape, and in A4, A3 etc. the level needed to be up there is, looking in, way higher than it was last year IMO

I thought the same in Knockaderry two weeks ago but when you get shelled like I did everyone looks in way better condition.

Once I get a course that truly suits then I'll know more about where I'm at for those two races.

We do now know that Zwift racing is a sideline rather than a true guage of form ,something to bear in mind if we go that route again early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

dahat wrote: »
    We do now know that Zwift racing is a sideline rather than a true guage of form ,something to bear in mind if we go that route again early next year.
    I was surprised there was so much support for zwift performance translating to the real world in that thread a few weeks ago tbh.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I was surprised there was so much support for zwift performance translating to the real world in that thread a few weeks ago tbh.

Guess we had hoped it would translate to the road. At the time we had nothing else to work with in terms of road form.

Macy0161 wrote: »

I knew Zwift wasn't going to translate to the real world when it was implying i was up there in A2/A3 races for sprinting. While my sprint has improved, I wouldn't win an A5 sprint on a good day when I was in good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I didn't mean you guys, there was a thread from a triathlete looking to join a club, and people were directing him straight to the race group based on zwift.

• Advertisement

Has anyone had success running Zwift via phone hotspot long term?

Anyone do the Cycling Ireland Handicap Race last night? I was in B and got dropped pretty early. The odd thing was I couldn't see anyone else apart from the B Riders up the road - so it was a solo slog to the line :P

Looking at Strava flyby and there were plenty of riders around me in the race. Connection was pretty good though. Hmmm.

Anyway - fingers crossed Zwiftpower sees sense and drops me to C.

What time is it at?

7pm yesterday

7pm yesterday

So I was about on time for it as I am for most Zwift races :pac:

Looks like there is another Nico Roche race tomorrow night if I read their website right:
    https://www.zwift.com/events/view/1029011?__znl=en-gb

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

CramCycle wrote: »
    Looks like there is another Nico Roche race tomorrow night if I read their website right:
    https://www.zwift.com/events/view/1029011?__znl=en-gb

That just looks like a typo leftover from last week. I could be wrong but the title of the ride doesn't seem to mention him at all. The previous one did.

It would also be a bit unfair on every other category as they set off at different times so whatever category Roche rides in only the riders in that category get to race him.

Although judging from last week it was more of a hang on as long as you can while Roche tows the group around type of race. Still enjoyable but moreso after the fact.

Advertisement