Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zwift spins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

eeeee wrote: »
    Why aren't both the women's and men's races on RGT or Zwift?

I'm not sure - it may be to do with numbers and splitting by handicap? RGT is two separate races, can Zwift handle all categories in one race and split placings out afterwards?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

buffalo wrote: »
    I'm not sure - it may be to do with numbers and splitting by handicap? RGT is two separate races, can Zwift handle all categories in one race and split placings out afterwards?

Can there not be 2 races on RGT? As in one for the women and one for the men? An hour apart? So there's no overapping/handicap issues?
    I think it would be so cool if the women's race could also be on the actual circuit. Or if there was an either or situation that it could be us rather than the men as usual ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

If they ran a separate race on RGT would they get many racing if it is clashing with the weekly CI womens league on Zwift? Doing it on Zwift and piggy backing the regular CI race will hopefully increase participation. That's the only way it made sense to me when I first coped that.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

buffalo wrote: »

It can, you can have women only category as well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Crocked wrote: »
    If they ran a separate race on RGT would they get many racing if it is clashing with the weekly CI womens league on Zwift? Doing it on Zwift and piggy backing the regular CI race will hopefully increase participation. That's the only way it made sense to me when I first coped that.

That makes sense now, i missed the CI womens race was on, that makes sense.

• Advertisement

Crocked wrote: »

Ah that makes sense alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

After initially thinking I'd double up on the classics race yesterday I'm not even listed in the results on ZP now. I'm not even listed on the dq pages, really odd.

Any ideas?

edit: deleted from the Zwift API apparently & can't be corrected seemingly, really annoyed as i'd have been listed the winner.

Anyone out for the Sprint this week. Old age is setting in as I am getting pains in my hip the last day or two but hoping to give it a go. On the Volcano circuit and only 19km long so it won't be much over 20 minutes and there is really no room for recovery on this one with the longest downhill being 200m.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

CramCycle wrote: »
    Anyone out for the Sprint this week. Old age is setting in as I am getting pains in my hip the last day or two but hoping to give it a go. On the Volcano circuit and only 19km long so it won't be much over 20 minutes and there is really no room for recovery on this one with the longest downhill being 200m.

I dipped toe in a Crit on that circuit over the weekend and it was a brutal - especially after a good few weeks of no Zwift racing. Like you say there's little to no recovery. Thought I was doing ok and then all of a sudden I was in the red and out the back after two laps. :(

Not for me this week though said that last week as well!

I'll head out for some road work in what looks a decent forecast, those crits only lead to frustration for me anyway.

• Advertisement

I am wondering how I will get on if I have no booze on board, hopefully mild improvements

Could it be the reverse? Alcohol can both fuel & improve performance apparently.

dahat wrote: »
    Not for me this week though said that last week as well!

I'll head out for some road work in what looks a decent forecast, those crits only lead to frustration for me anyway.

Looks like i'm in tonight after all....:D:D:D

I feel really bad, looks like the guy who beat me got DQd for a HR meter issue :D

This weeks sprint race looks like Downtown Dolphin which I have done once in my own Club League but don't remember. Strava has it as a really short lap (under 2km) and 11 of them. No real climbing to speak of, only 200m of 4%

Anyone out for what looks like another FTP test

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

I paused Zwift membership when we were allowed back out for spins. The pause defaults to 2 months so is due to renew in a few weeKs.

I don’t want to renew it til Oct/nov. It looks like I can’t extend pause and only option I Have is to cancel membership.

Anyone know if I can extend the pause membership

If I cancel does that mean I lose history and when I rejoin in Oct it is back at level 1 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

The Buster wrote: »
    I paused Zwift membership when we were allowed back out for spins. The pause defaults to 2 months so is due to renew in a few weeKs.

I don’t want to renew it til Oct/nov. It looks like I can’t extend pause and only option I Have is to cancel membership.

Anyone know if I can extend the pause membership

If I cancel does that mean I lose history and when I rejoin in Oct it is back at level 1 etc

I’m guessing you have an annual sub?
    I never changed from monthly and can stop or start whenever I like- but no doubt it’s costing me more in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

I was onMonthly sub.

So sounds like you just cancel and rejoin. When u rejoin is history all there? There was a pause option so that’s what I picked. Looks like I will just cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

The Buster wrote: »
    I was onMonthly sub.

So sounds like you just cancel and rejoin. When u rejoin is history all there? There was a pause option so that’s what I picked. Looks like I will just cancel

Yes history stays- I’ve stopped and started a few times over the years but not this year, pause sounds like a new function- must look into it and see what the difference is.
    Hopefully it is not a case that if you cancel you lose history and if you pause you don’t..?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

I'm looking to try the Thursday team time trials. Is there anyone here on a team that is looking for more riders?

Otherwise, can anyone point me out on how to register for a team?

Try some of the Facebook groups, Team IRL I think is one or the general Zwift riders one often has posts looking for riders.

• Advertisement

Thanks. So joining facebook is my only realistic option?

Euppy wrote: »

Not sure, these are only options I'm aware of.

There was a few posters here in TT events but that was during the lockdown period so they may be inactive now.

Unless you have a friend who is in one already and invites you along, pretty much, zwiftpower can be used to identify the races but in the descriptions you will normally see a link to a FB group to actually communicate and organise.

Personally I'd pick not doing it as the preference, people on FB would fall out over buttering toast on the wrong side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Unless you have a friend who is in one already and invites you along, pretty much, zwiftpower can be used to identify the races but in the descriptions you will normally see a link to a FB group to actually communicate and organise.

Personally I'd pick not doing it as the preference, people on FB would fall out over buttering toast on the wrong side.

there is only one side of the toast that should be buttered!!

You're not really selling it!

Maybe I'll wait until I can convince actual friends to do it with me rather than joining facebook to join a group of strangers.

lennymc wrote: »
    there is only one side of the toast that should be buttered!!
    Go on, tell me which side so I can decide if I like you or post a comment posting you in a negative light. We can then both wait for someone else to then tell us we shouldn't use butter or we should butter both sides.
    You're not really selling it!

Maybe I'll wait until I can convince actual friends to do it with me rather than joining facebook to join a group of strangers.
    You can join FB but I'd use a non real ID and only join the one or two pages for this task.

Also, bread should be buttered on both sides if it's too be used in a toastie maker, but technically it's not toast at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Also, bread should be buttered on both sides if it's too be used in a toastie maker, but technically it's not toast at that point.
    Outside only for the toastie maker FFS!

Macy0161 wrote: »

You're dead to me

Macy0161 wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

First real race of the year last night. All notions I had were swiftly dashed. I can confirm that performance on Zwift earlier in the year does NOT transfer to the road. :rolleyes:

Advertisement