Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

my horse is leaving so i'll have the fun of going NMT villager shopping when she's gone
    i accidentally gave her a ballet outfit before and she looks so ridic wearing it all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Now you just need to add some wolves

Noooooooooooo I'm gonna double up on the fencing round their houses now just in case.... I'm thinking bricks and barbed wire......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Noooooooooooo I'm gonna double up on the fencing round their houses now just in case.... I'm thinking bricks and barbed wire......

You need one wooden fence, one straw fence & one brick fence if you want to do the story right!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

caught my first giant clam there now.
    i'd given up chasing it around the island and went for a nearby one instead... and actually caught the clam itself
    boom
    pascal gave me another stupid pearl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

bluewolf wrote: »
    caught my first giant clam there now.
    i'd given up chasing it around the island and went for a nearby one instead... and actually caught the clam itself
    boom
    pascal gave me another stupid pearl

I have so many pearls, what's the point in him giving me the pearl if he ain't gonna give me any DIYs to use them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Update info

https://twitter.com/ac_isabelle/status/1288096936109776896?s=21

Fireworks, dreams and back ups

Dodge wrote: »
    Update info

I was literally about to post this! Dreams look awesome!

Oh Yay! Dream suite is back!! And island back-up, does that mean we can bring our island with us if we get a new switch??

This is the press release bumf apparently

Fireworks Shows – Enjoy atmospheric fireworks lighting up the sky above your island every Sunday in August at 7 p.m. Get in the spirit by redeeming Bells for raffle tickets in the plaza to get various festive items that you can use. Put your personal spin on the fireworks display by using your own custom design pattern to see it shot in the air as a firework in the sky!

Dreaming – You can now choose to take a nap in any bed placed in your home. While dozing off, you may find yourself in a strange realm where you’ll be greeted by Luna. Luna offers visits to other islands as a dream, and with her help, you can share your island as a dream with others too. She will grant those who share their island a “Dream Address” which players can exchange and use to visit each other’s island in a dream. In dreams, nothing is permanent because nothing you do is saved, so explore to your heart’s content.

Island Backup & Restoration Service – Nintendo Switch Online members can enable the new island backup service, which automatically uploads island and user save data to the internet at certain times. If your Nintendo Switch system is lost or damaged, you may be able to recover your island paradise as long as you’ve enabled island backup. In the event of loss or damage, contact Nintendo Consumer Support about restoring the island and user save data on your new or repaired Nintendo Switch system. After your island data and individual player data is restored, you can get back to building your island community!

Additional details can be found on the Nintendo Consumer Support page when the update goes live. The island backup feature is separate from the Save Data Cloud functionality offered for select Nintendo Switch games through Nintendo Switch Online. A function specific to Animal Crossing: New Horizons to move users and save data to another system is planned for later this year. Details will be announced in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

I'm wondering if the pumpkin at the end is hinting towards vegetables instead of the obvious reference to Hallowe'en?

Dream suite looks good.

Should have included island back-up from beginning!

Fireworks are ok but will probably feel samey soon enough.

From the way they finished their last update video, I was expecting something more substantial like we got with swimming. Visiting Tortimor's Island has a summery vibe, why not include that?

I'm of course happy we're getting new content, it's just the majority was already in previous games on the cartridge, not DLC.

The amount of times they mention free in all these videos makes me wonder when the paid chunk will launch, maybe around Christmas? I wonder if they are creating a story mode?

• Advertisement

tbahh wrote: »
    I wonder if they are creating a story mode?

The whole game is basically story mode. I think they just *have* to add free as so many games don't offer it so it saves a billion "is it free" questions.

As a complete newcomer the fireworks look cool. Only happening once a week for 4/5 weeks so I'm sure it'll be OK

The dreamsuite could be cool. Depends on who signs up I suppose

The save thing is obviously a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

The whole game is basically story mode. I think they just *have* to add free as so many games don't offer it so it saves a billion "is it free" questions.

I find that Nintendo are clearcut when it comes to what is paid/free DLC. With the amount of copies it has sold, I think there will be some form of paid DLC in the future.
    I was thinking more on the lines of developer-designed island where you'd arrive with no items and have to progress til the end, something like they did in May with Rover but something on a more substantial scale. Didn't Minecraft do something lie that with Dungeons?
    In-game multiplayer games is lacking right now and it's something to be worked on for future updates.
    After when your island gets 3 stars, there really is no story anymore. Still a lot to do, of course, so you create your own narrative in a way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InDJvcWtTCw

I wonder if Redd will actually show up to the raffle :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

I've been in hospital for the past week and a half. Now i'm home, I'm logging onto AC now for the first time and hoping my island isn't completely trashed :L

Delighted Isabelle has been released from her Town Hall prison for the fireworks :D
    tbahh wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the pumpkin at the end is hinting towards vegetables instead of the obvious reference to Hallowe'en?

I'd say it's the return of Jack at Hallowen to take your candy. Loving all the new updates, but they are pretty much all just stuff that was in old games that wasn't brought to New Horizons.
    I've been in hospital for the past week and a half. Now i'm home, I'm logging onto AC now for the first time and hoping my island isn't completely trashed :L

Hope you are feeling better!

Oh sorry to hear you weren’t well. Hope you feel better soon.

Sounds like a firework party this weekend for newbie18892 getting out of hospital! Hope you're feeling better!

Sounds like a firework party this weekend for newbie18892 getting out of hospital! Hope you're feeling better!

That's a lovely idea.

Not super sure how these custom fireworks designs will work but could be nice if throughout August people wanted to host Sunday night fireworks parties and show off their designs/islands.

That's a lovely idea.

Not super sure how these custom fireworks designs will work but could be nice if throughout August people wanted to host Sunday night fireworks parties and show off their designs/islands.

That’s a great idea! I’d love that :) although I really suck at custom designs!

That’s a great idea! I’d love that :) although I really suck at custom designs!

Show off the custom designs they have downloaded from the internet :pac:

• Advertisement

Show off the custom designs they have downloaded from the internet :pac:

You’ve rumbled me! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Hope you're feeling better, playing Animal Crossing can now be claimed as medicinal while you recover :)

If anyone want me to open up for Redd, let me know. I have:
    Real Perfect Painting
    Fake Serene Painting
    Fake Academic Painting

I’ll be committing treason by playing Paper Mario but can pop on no bother at all.

If anyone want me to open up for Redd, let me know. I have:
    Real Perfect Painting
    Fake Serene Painting
    Fake Academic Painting

I’ll be committing treason by playing Paper Mario but can pop on no bother at all.

Would I be able to pop across whenever suits to get the perfect painting?

Bells21 wrote: »
    Would I be able to pop across whenever suits to get the perfect painting?

Open now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

My other half has Celeste tonight if anyone wants to visit. No shooting stars tho :(

Audie is also in boxes, free to a good home!

Dodo: H0MKN

Update info

Does this mean with island back up and restoration that if I bought my own switch now that my island could transfer across from my OHs?

Bells21 wrote: »
    Does this mean with island back up and restoration that if I bought my own switch now that my island could transfer across from my OHs?

Someone on fb said it means that if anything happened your switch you could get the data back to that same switch, but that transfer of data is coming later in the year... Just not in this update.... so not sure....

Have started on my next area, a tavern! Saw a great one on Pinterest called "The tipsy turtle" and they had a snapping turtle placed on a barrel at the entrance. Don't want to copy the name so trying to come up with my own based on what I could put on top of the barrel!!!

So could do bug off themed stuff with a tarantula model and call it "The Cobb Web" - I have Cobb on my isle

But its right by Redds beach n I wanted to kit it out in nautical/pirate gear....
    So "Smugglers Cobh" - I'm living in Cork!!
    "The Drunk/Decoy Duck"
    "Nautical Gnome"
    "Drunken Dwarf" (still a gnome!!)

Help! If I pick your name you can drink there for free for life!!!!

• Advertisement

Stop that's too cute. I can't get over the super original ideas people come up with. A tavern! I love it
    Call it gullivers travels? Then you can keep the nautical pirate theme for our fave drunkard

Advertisement