Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye I emptied out my storage. Had a load of insects in there. Made a few quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Redd has 3 paintings and a sculpture, and they're all fake! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Celeste here. Island open to friends for a little while if you want to get the Leo sculpture DIY

Open to friends only today as mightn’t be around myself for most of it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Dodge wrote: »
    Celeste here. Island open to friends for a little while if you want to get the Leo sculpture DIY

Open to friends only today as mightn’t be around myself for most of it

oo ill log ni now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

It took some trial an error but I got my weather seed correctly from MeteoNook. Was able to test and confirm with a double rainbow this morning :D

Gives you the exact minute of every forecasted shooting star and the dates of the heavy showers. Isabelle becoming more and more useless :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Redd is in my island today. He's got quaint, academic and detailed paintings -all fakes from what I can tell. If anyone would like to get any of them let me know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Garden Bench.
    I have one. Just the one. It shows in my Nook catalogue as "Not for Sale", but I don't have a DIY for this...
    Is this a DIY recipe? Just can't figure out how to get more!

cee_jay wrote: »
    Garden Bench.
    I have one. Just the one. It shows in my Nook catalogue as "Not for Sale", but I don't have a DIY for this...

Yes it is a DIY, I have it but don't have a spare recipe. I can craft some and send them over if you like until you get the recipe?

Garden Bench.

Definitely a DIY recipe.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Bells21 wrote: »
    Yes it is a DIY, I have it but don't have a spare recipe. I can craft some and send them over if you like until you get the recipe?

Thanks - not needed at the moment, I have put log benches in, just couldn't figure out what was going on with it! I must have picked it up somewhere along the way - I'll eventually get the recipe, but will take you up on the offer in the meantime if I really need it - thank you!

Lately all my DIYs and Fossils have been dupes - I don't think I have a new fossil in 2 weeks now. I need some better luck with these!

• Advertisement

Thanks - not needed at the moment, I have put log benches in, just couldn't figure out what was going on with it! I must have picked it up somewhere along the way - I'll eventually get the recipe, but will take you up on the offer in the meantime if I really need it - thank you!

Lately all my DIYs and Fossils have been dupes - I don't think I have a new fossil in 2 weeks now. I need some better luck with these!

I'm finding the same with all my diys too. Pascal's ones were really the only new ones but have only gotten pearls the past few days.

I have an unannounced shower tonight on my island. Haven't found celeste yet but can open gates now

Edit: found Celeste

Sorry to whoever was coming across there, got a pop up of an unstable connection. Think it's sorted now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

new Animal Crossing player here. i've never owned an Animal Crossing game before despite owning numerous Nintendo consoles through the years. First started playing about 6 weeks ago and I have to admit at first I wasn't really enjoying it, thought it was over hyped and there seemed like very little to do.

However over the space of about 3 weeks I played every day and before I knew it I was addicted! The game is really incredible, at first the game seems like there is not much room for customization but then options open up the more you play and once you can landscape your island and start importing custom designs, you can do almost anything with your island and that's what I love about the game, it just get's better and more interesting the more you play.

As great as the game is I still think there are a few little things they could add which would make the world of difference. I would love if there was a pet store in the game where you could buy a kitten or a puppy, put them into your home and look after them. I have a litter tray and feeding bowls in the house but obviously no cat.

Another feature I would love but will probably never happen due to copyright reasons would be to play your own choice of imported music on the home entertainment systems inside the home!

I'm still relatively new to the world of Animal Crossing so there are a few things i'm wondering:

Oranges are my native fruit and I also have some apples as well as pineapple trees but have never seen peach or cherry tree's, despite doing loads of travelling to other islands with the nook miles ticket. It's always the same fruit I find over and over.

The mystery islands are a good idea but I'm finding very little difference between each visit, I wish the random island visits were more varied. Iv'e never been to an island with peaches or cherries or flower species not on my island, it's always tulips and cosmos flowers.

I'm also wondering is it possible to assign a custom design to a t-shirt but instead of wearing it, display the t-shirt with your custom design outside the shops?

Also is it possible to build steps up to higher places or do you have to always rely on the ladder to get up to higher ground?

I still have alot to learn about this game, but really enjoying it so much to the point where i've completely abandoned playing Pokemon Shield and it's DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Hi Gonzo! Welcome!!

For the pet bed, lots of us have been catching snapping turtles in the river and letting those wander around our houses. You can also get mom plushies which look like little dogs!!

When you get to a 3 star rating (ask Isabelle in res services) you can terraform your island n then get the option to build bridges and inclines. (Think that's when those options unlock but I started in March so can't quite remember!!)

And on Nook islands you'll only ever get tour own native fruit and 1 other. So don't waste your nook miles hunting for different fruits cos you won't find them there!! You'll of course get coconut trees and bamboo too!

My island is open of you want to add my details from the spreadsheet in opening post. You can shake the fruit trees there n help yourself to items and diys I have lying about!!!

Also you get the option at some stage to buy the designer app for your nook phone and can create clothing designs then. You can hang them in the back of the clothing store for villagers to wear or display on mannequins anywhere you want!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Was shaking trees during the bugg off to at least get a wasp but no joy. Max 8

I have a butterfly wand and a butterfly bag. Awesome.
    Also i found a purple windflower on my island, didnt even know there was such a thing

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Trying desperately to get 130k to buy a kitchen/cooker unit. On 113k and the battery on the switch went.

A few more sea creatures and I can get there... I know I can

Edit: I got it!!! Delighted with my life now. Got a lovely kitchen shaping up! I've been collecting bathroom items as they've come up so might move the bedroom and sitting room into one and make the other room the bathroom. It's like playing with dolls :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Trying desperately to get 130k to buy a kitchen/cooker unit. On 113k and the battery on the switch went.

A few more sea creatures and I can get there... I know I can

Edit: I got it!!! Delighted with my life now. Got a lovely kitchen shaping up! I've been collecting bathroom items as they've come up so might move the bedroom and sitting room into one and make the other room the bathroom. It's like playing with dolls :D

I've loads of kitchen stuff but no units to put them on, it's a tough life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

What kind of kitchen stuff do you have/can I look forward to? The one I bought today you can't fit much on. It's an all in one hob/sink/overhead storage unit. I can only fit the frying pan on it. But it looks the job :D

There was a diner counter I got a couple of weeks ago. Think it fell out of a tree and I sold it to pay for a bridge or something. Raging now... Would be great for a toaster and a radio :D

I've a microwave and a stand mixer and a rack of dishes and a rice cooker and a blender and a giant red kettle
    The spice rack goes on the table with the coffee and the frying pan is on the gas range

If you get the frying pan DIY, you can customise it with different meals (even a burnt one!)

Sacrificed my kitchen for a mermaid room in my quest for the gold trophy house. Wish me luck tomorrow

If you get the frying pan DIY, you can customise it with different meals (even a burnt one!)

Sacrificed my kitchen for a mermaid room in my quest for the gold trophy house. Wish me luck tomorrow
    I never even thought of customising it ahh i have to try that

Gold house trophy and gold bug collecting trophy make it a big weekend for me on the island

24qz3ly236d51.jpg

Gold house trophy and gold bug collecting trophy make it a big weekend for me on the island

24qz3ly236d51.jpg

Whooooo congrats! I got the gold house one too... Dunno how cos I had to use one room as my overflow storage unit....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I was just going through the list of bugs, fish & dep sea creatures to see if I have them all & I can’t believe I’m missing 5 bugs still!

Scarab beetle 11pm - 8am
    Giant stag 11pm - 8am
    Golden stag 5pm - 8am
    Giraffe stag 5pm - 8am
    Walking stick 4am - 8am & 5pm - 7pm

Looks like I’ll have to arrange a super early morning to try & catch them all on nook mile islands!

I was just going through the list of bugs, fish & dep sea creatures to see if I have them all & I can’t believe I’m missing 5 bugs still!

Scarab beetle 11pm - 8am
    Giant stag 11pm - 8am
    Golden stag 5pm - 8am
    Giraffe stag 5pm - 8am
    Walking stick 4am - 8am & 5pm - 7pm

Looks like I’ll have to arrange a super early morning to try & catch them all on nook mile islands!

Jaysus I haven't any of those either!! Are they going at the end of the month??

Also if anyone could craft me a scarecrow to keep the birds off my prized watermelons n cabbages that would be amazing!! Can give you materials no probs

Jaysus I haven't any of those either!! Are they going at the end of the month??

Also if anyone could craft me a scarecrow to keep the birds off my prized watermelons n cabbages that would be amazing!! Can give you materials no probs

Posting scarecrow now

Edit - the 3 things leaving in July are
    Fish - tadpole
    Bug - honeybee
    Sea - seaweed

I’m missing the giraffe stag myself but looks like I’ve a while yet

• Advertisement

Posting scarecrow now

Edit - the 3 things leaving in July are
    Fish - tadpole
    Bug - honeybee
    Sea - seaweed

I’m missing the giraffe stag myself but looks like I’ve a while yet

Ah thanks a mill (again)! I'm constantly bumming stuff of you Dodge! Apologies! Please let me return the favour some day!!

Advertisement