Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

cee_jay wrote: »
    Thanks if it is going spare, would love it!

I don't have the recipe anymore (used it) but if you let me know how many you want, I can build them and hand them over?
    That bench is customizable too, you can make it white, brown etc

Ooh, I'll have a poke around and see if different colours would suit different parts of the island. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

This might be spoilery. Never sure on what counts as a spoiler or not but short article here on the new stuff in the game that wasn’t in the trailer

https://animalcrossingworld.com/2020/07/5-hidden-additions-in-summer-update-wave-2-for-animal-crossing-new-horizons-camera-tripping-patterns/

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Dodge wrote: »
    This might be spoilery. Never sure on what counts as a spoiler or not but short article here on the new stuff in the game that wasn’t in the trailer

https://animalcrossingworld.com/2020/07/5-hidden-additions-in-summer-update-wave-2-for-animal-crossing-new-horizons-camera-tripping-patterns/

Don't tell my kids about the King Tut mask. In New Horizons my son would get to the ds before me everyday n change my outfit to the mask..... Every Single Day!!!! Drove me bonkers.....

Also its time for my monthly "Any Books in Nooks?" query!!!! I need another inventory load if they're for sale anywhere today??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Redd is visiting today. There are fake wistful, amazing and wild painting left half left if anyone wants me to open for them

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jivemonster64

This was the thread that made me buy this game, and I’ve loved every minute of it, and I’m not even sure why! So just thought I’d post to say thanks!

Also has anyone shared dream codes yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Not yet, but I had a dream where I found a random code on the internet and went to a snow covered island. It was amazing, I’m looking forward to winter (but at the same time it felt a bit cheaty)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Just turned onto play there and chatted to a villager and she told me Celeste is around! Never had them inform me of that before, might be new with the update. I of course had a suspicion since I know the times of my shooting stars now :D

I'll open the gates if anyone wants to come, I'll try find Celeste!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jivemonster64

My island is DA-1999-6466-9703 have a few bits and bobs lying around so it’s a bit of a mess but feel free to have a nose!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Holly Johnson this is the site I used to get the weather pattern, it took me a few tries to get it right.

https://wuffs.org/acnh/weather/

Best thing is to take a screenshot of the sky at the start of the hour when playing, it will start to change towards the middle of the hour into the next hour's weather. And if you have shooting stars or rainbows especially take a screenshot, the more info you can have on the times of these the better. We were lucky, we are pretty snap happy so had a lot of info but I think my problems were the change of weather mid hour, I didn't know that the first few times I tried. Once you have enough data in the website it will narrow down the 2 billion possibilities and boom, star city!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Holly Johnson this is the site I used to get the weather pattern, it took me a few tries to get it right.

https://wuffs.org/acnh/weather/

Best thing is to take a screenshot of the sky at the start of the hour when playing, it will start to change towards the middle of the hour into the next hour's weather. And if you have shooting stars or rainbows especially take a screenshot, the more info you can have on the times of these the better. We were lucky, we are pretty snap happy so had a lot of info but I think my problems were the change of weather mid hour, I didn't know that the first few times I tried. Once you have enough data in the website it will narrow down the 2 billion possibilities and boom, star city!

Brilliant! Thanks a million :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Raykay23

Late notice I know but Redd is here with a fake quaint, fake detailed and fake academic paintings. I'll open for a while, visitors welcome.

Time traveling really messes up your visitor algorithm. I have been bouncing all over the place today getting major weather event times to plug into the weather tool Princess Peach posted.

This morning I had Saharah. I went back to 5am to get the weather each hour today and she was gone but Stitches was in my campsite so I got her to move in and replace Pancetti.

I then went back to July 20 to get the timings of the shooting stars, May 10 for the thunderstorm and May 25 for the double rainbow.

Back to today and Stitches is already moved in and Pancetti gone, and now Redd is here! That’s his 2nd visit this week. I already had him on Tuesday.

End result, I should know tonight which weather pattern I have depending on shooting star times. It’s not a meteor shower, just the random odd stars.

So, with the bonus Redd visit I have fake famous painting and fake beautiful statue if anyone wants them. Gates are open while I squish the cockroaches in my house and pick up the piles of weeds!

If you time travel within the week, they don’t change.

But if you go past Sunday (in any direction!), it changes

We had a great week with the roamers. The 3 I like to see Redd, Gulliver and Gullivarr all here this week

I’m really sad, but Kabuki is moving on. He is in boxes on my island if anyone wants him? I really liked him :(

On a related note, it means I get another chance to go island hunting tomorrow for Gaston! Only problem is I’ve feck all nook miles. Been grinding hard today to get more, but I’ve only about 35k miles. Hopefully it will be enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I've got some diys, loads of fossils and spare bits of clothing left out beside Able's. Will open the gates if anyone wants to pop across for anything.

Got to play this morning for the first time since the update. Dream thing is cool but not sure how much I’ll use it. Mrs Dodge wants to visit some of the spooky/horror islands around

Looking forward to the fireworks though. All 3 of us on the island will be playing together

Everyone all set for the first fireworks? I’m excited :) Spent the last few mins downloading custom images to use. Should be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

My youngest daughter is absolutely loving the fireworks. Redd is making a fortune from her.

They’re so much fun! I downloaded custom designs of Celeste, a bee, Tigger and the Disney castle. The Celeste & Tigger ones are brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Raykay23

I like it, I just got images from the custom design thing in Able Sisters, will try to be more prepared next week!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Apparently i missed my chance to go villager shopping already. Someone called flora has moved in from "unicorns" because they "head this island was totes bonkers" :D

Haven't figured out custom fireworks yet but i love all the little accessories

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

bluewolf wrote: »
    Apparently i missed my chance to go villager shopping already. Someone called flora has moved in from "unicorns" because they "head this island was totes bonkers" :D

Haven't figured out custom fireworks yet but i love all the little accessories

Ah you're so lucky!! She's one of my dreamies!!

I managed to squeeze in 31 islands today with some serious points grinding. Still no sign of Gaston. Got Sprocket three times though, including twice in a row :rolleyes:
    Finally settled on Hamphrey the cranky hamster.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ah you're so lucky!! She's one of my dreamies!!

Oh she is peppy, that's great. Get on well with apple and cheri so

I read that o was too late for custom fireworks if the event started already but they showed up which is lovely. I only went with a random star shape i had already and the moon and star island flag ( https://legacy-of-the-dragonborn.fandom.com/wiki/Nerevar_Moon-and-Star ) . I'll have to get more for next time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Will the prizes from Redds raffle disappear after tonight if you keep any in your pocket?

Bells21 wrote: »
    Will the prizes from Redds raffle disappear after tonight if you keep any in your pocket?

No. They all stay. You’ll lose the balloons if you trip and the fireworks Iif you use them but the others you can keep

Our family had a great hour or so at the fireworks. Custom designs and a new viewing spot. Oh and we watched some from the sea too

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So I've been digging 4 or 5 fossils a day for the last few months, only for Blathers to give his "Alas..." speech. I decided to actually have a look in the museum to see what's missing, and it looks like just one: Acanthostega

Does anyone have one in storage or lying around? :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Mr E wrote: »
    So I've been digging 4 or 5 fossils a day for the last few months, only for Blathers to give his "Alas..." speech. I decided to actually have a look in the museum to see what's missing, and it looks like just one: Acanthostega

Does anyone have one in storage or lying around? :)

I have one in storage. Will send it your way now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Excellent, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Redd is here with a real scary painting, fake jolly painting and fake tremendous statue, gates are open now if anyone wants them

Advertisement