Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Are gulliver and guillivarrr still both going? Just found gulliver on the beach and very disappointed it's not his pirate version!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Bells21 wrote: »
    Are gulliver and guillivarrr still both going? Just found gulliver on the beach and very disappointed it's not his pirate version!

Both of them. You can get both of them in the same week but not back to back apparently.

Dodge wrote: »
    Both of them. You can get both of them in the same week but not back to back apparently.

Ah! Thanks for that

Caught a golden stag and visited trash island tonight. 2 firsts

Only have 2 of the available bugs left to go now - giraffe stag and horned Hercules

Small patch update available. Of these issues I only encountered the speech bubbles

https://animalcrossingworld.com/2020/07/animal-crossing-new-horizons-version-1-3-1-update-patch-notes-available-for-download/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Dodge wrote: »
    Caught a golden stag and visited trash island tonight. 2 firsts

Only have 2 of the available bugs left to go now - giraffe stag and horned Hercules

Have you cleared a Nook Miles Island of everything except palm trees? I did it a few days ago and got everything I needed, including the two bugs you mention, within an hour. Still missing the Walking Stick though (and the Giant Isopod), frustrating to the point that I'd almost give 100k+ for each.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I've never had a meteor shower. Is that normal or am I not doing something that might encourage it? Celeste was on my island a few days ago and all, all she gave me was a recipe for a crab table.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Rhyme wrote: »
    Still missing the Walking Stick though (and the Giant Isopod), frustrating to the point that I'd almost give 100k+ for each.

Caught the Giant Isopod, it's a really fast swimmer too, so tricky to catch, but looks great.

I've never had a meteor shower. Is that normal or am I not doing something that might encourage it? Celeste was on my island a few days ago and all, all she gave me was a recipe for a crab table.

Large meteor showers are usually mentioned by Isabelle in the morning, I've only had the one since the game launched. Smaller meteor showers occur all the time, usually a burst of 3 or 4 and then nothing for a few minutes and then maybe some more. They can be hard to notice with the placement of the camera, you'll typically see a little burst in the corner of the screen.
    Star Lord wrote: »
    Caught the Giant Isopod, it's a really fast swimmer too, so tricky to catch, but looks great.

Every time I get chasing something I think "this is it!" only to find it's a particularly tenacious crab or that Gigas Clam thing.

Have you cleared a Nook Miles Island of everything except palm trees? I did it a few days ago and got everything I needed, including the two bugs you mention, within an hour. Still missing the Walking Stick though (and the Giant Isopod), frustrating to the point that I'd almost give 100k+ for each.

Yep, did all that. Played for about an hour on these islands the last couple of nights. Nothing the previous night, but got the golden one last night. Once I got that, I was happy to donate to blathers and quit. I like the challenge but after a while I find it a chore and lose interest really quickly. On the other hand I enjoy chasing the isopod and the giant clams around.

If Celeste is there you're more than likely getting light showers. They're harder to spot than the heavy showers (of which I've never had one either). You might see a star in the background. If so, just look up and wait. There's usually a few more within seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I only need the cicada shell, haven't seen it at all and I've been on mystery islands the last two nights where I cleared everything except the trees

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

I found for Giant Isopod and Giant Clam was to stop chasing them (no tapping 'A' button) and just toggle my way over to them with the circle pad and then press 'Y' to dive when hovering over them.

tbahh wrote: »
    I found for Giant Isopod and Giant Clam was to stop chasing them (no tapping 'A' button) and just toggle my way over to them with the circle pad and then press 'Y' to dive when hovering over them.

I do a similar thing, I 'walk' them into a corner, they freak out and are easily caught. The chase is nice sometimes.

I do a similar thing, I 'walk' them into a corner, they freak out and are easily caught. The chase is nice sometimes.

Yeah I push them into a corner and then dive, they'll swim right into you

Clams appear quite regularly, Isopods less so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Merengue has accidentally bought two of the same sweater, asked if she could trade it got my great white shark -_- They have some nerve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Redd has finally appeared, but only with 4 fakes. Van Dammit!
    There’s 2 left - fake wistful painting and fake scary painting if anyone wants them.
    There’s also a pile of recipes, duplicate clothes and furniture free for the taking beside the fountain in front of the plaza. It’s going to the twins otherwise.

Gates open :)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Redd has finally appeared, but only with 4 fakes. Van Dammit!
    There’s 2 left - fake wistful painting and fake scary painting if anyone wants them.
    There’s also a pile of recipes, duplicate clothes and furniture free for the taking beside the fountain in front of the plaza. It’s going to the twins otherwise.

Gates open :)

Might pop over while dinners in the oven! Can I bring you anything??

Might pop over while dinners in the oven! Can I bring you anything??

No thanks I’m grand. Only scary painting left. I might be away too, it’s my dinner time as well!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

No redd, only flick
    I got an alexandra birdwing commissioned!

bluewolf wrote: »
    No redd, only flick
    I got an alexandra birdwing commissioned!

That model is really cool, it’s huge!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

That model is really cool, it’s huge!

Ooh brilliant. I was torn between that and the blue emperor one

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ooh brilliant. I was torn between that and the blue emperor one

I have both and the emperor one is lovely, but the alexandra one is way bigger. I’ve seen the banded dragonfly model too (can’t remember who has it, is it Princess Peach?) and it looks cool too. Flick’s models are way better than CJs.

I have both and the emperor one is lovely, but the alexandra one is way bigger. I’ve seen the banded dragonfly model too (can’t remember who has it, is it Princess Peach?) and it looks cool too. Flick’s models are way better than CJs.

Yeah in front of the museum :D we now also have an atlas moth squaring off to a huge goliath beetle. I love the bug statues

Morning everyone! All set for the fishing tournament?

Just had the first run. Think I prefer the bug off!

Bells21 wrote: »
    Just had the first run. Think I prefer the bug off!

It’s definitely harder than the bug one! Much slower to catch fish

Got my outfit and my bait ready! I've opened the gates if anyone wants to come over for a while and go for the team bonus?

Also shell dresses in ables today!

Does anyone want a cherry blossom train set? Got another from a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

One tip I'd suggest for it is facing the sea at the bottom part of your Island! If you're fishing at the side or at that the top, your character is always going to turn around to face the screen when showing the fish you've caught. When fishing at the bottom, you won't change direction and you're able to throw your bait and fling the rod without moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Got my outfit and my bait ready! I've opened the gates if anyone wants to come over for a while and go for the team bonus?

Also shell dresses in ables today!

Does anyone want a cherry blossom train set? Got another from a tree.

I'll def pop over later for the shell dresses if you're still about.

Good luck everyone! I suck at fishing tourney!!

• Advertisement

I'll def pop over later for the shell dresses if you're still about.

Good luck everyone! I suck at fishing tourney!!

Playing for a while now but will be on again later today I'd say. Anyways I've bought every colour so can order you some if needed :D

Advertisement