Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Gates are open now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Celeste is on my island tonight. Gave me a recipe for a lunar lander. Gates are open if anyone wants to visit

Would like to pop over for celeste, just sent a friend request there:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Bells21 wrote: »
    Would like to pop over for celeste, just sent a friend request there:)

Accepted!

Accepted!

Would you like me to bring anything across?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Would you like me to bring anything across?

Nah all good, unless you have any of the coloured floor lights just to catalog. I have white so any of the other ones

• Advertisement

Sorry, wifi went again, think i'll leave it for the night :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is the number of fossils on the island random on a given day? I have searched high and low today and can only find 2.

awec wrote: »
    Is the number of fossils on the island random on a given day? I have searched high and low today and can only find 2.

It's four per day. Check flower beds as that's where I've found them - in the spaces left between the flowers to grow into

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Raymond is in my campsite today & has agreed to move in!! Blaire is in boxes if anyone wants her? She was actually a very sweet squirrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Raymond is in my campsite today & has agreed to move in!! Blaire is in boxes if anyone wants her? She was actually a very sweet squirrel.

If you get into the people trafficking game you could net yourself close to 1,000 NMT :pac:

• Advertisement

If you get into the people trafficking game you could net yourself close to 1,000 NMT :pac:

Really? Wow! I might have to consider that!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Really? Wow! I might have to consider that!

I had the same feeling when he turned up on my island, you might grow to like him. He's the smug type but not too aggressive, if he's annoying ship him out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I bet there’s people who’d pay actually cash for him too

It is insane the reaction he gets!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm surprised Nintendo haven't sold his Amiibo card yet!

I spent some of yesterday experimenting with something in the game but I'll put spoiler tags around it as it involves time travelling.
    You can force the game to give you multiple of a set of items by returning to a day that a particular character appears. I'm sure I've read about this before but with people talking about not seeing characters for ages such as Redd and the new Gullivarr I wanted to put it to the test.

Gullivarr appeared on my island on the 6th of this month and by going through that day, finding his phone and then jumping to the next day, his gift arrives. Jump back to the previous day, he's there again, find his phone again, jump to the next day and get a new gift. I've done this four times now and it seems consistent.

I would imagine that it resets every week so you might not be able to return to a previous week as each week gets calculated (who turns up on which day). Once I'm done with this run of Gullivarr I'll continue on through the week and then try to jump back to the 6th to see if it can be extended. I think I read online that you can do this with meteor showers as well so I'd imagine for any repeating event, it can be done.

I know this is not everyones cup of tea, this is a game I can see myself stopping from playing and then coming to back for events so this doesn't shorten my playtime or affect it in any serious way. I get hardly any time for gaming with the baby at home so I find myself unaffected by changing the structure of how I play games :)

Just to answer some of those points
    I've done a fair bit of time travelling over the course of the game. Less of it now...

Anyway... The weather NEVER changes. That includes stars. If they're set for 23.12 on 9 July, they'll happen that way regardless of how many time you visit that time

The roaming characters for the week are set each Monday. So if Redd turns up on Monday, you can time travel to Tuesday and back to Monday and he'll still be there (with a new inventory). If you go to the following Monday and back, he'll be gone as the game resets each week. In the Gulliver/Gullivar examples, you should get a different reward each time.

However, you can also force any character to turn up on a Monday. If you're on Sunday and time travel to Monday you could get, say, Leif. If you go back to Sunday and then forward again to Monday, then you'll get a different character.

I know some don't like time travelling but there you go

Some other TT bits
    As well as the visitors, the Cranny inventory is set each Monday. So if you stay within a week time travel won't effect whats on sale (eg if you go to Wednesday and buy a sofa, travel to Friday and then back to Wednesday, the sofa will be shown as sold). As with the visitors, time travel weeks and they change/re-set

The clothes changes daily because of time travel though

Thanks, you've answered some questions I had and some questions I didn't know I had.

I was glad as well when the creators of the game, Aya Kyogoku and Hisashi Nogami, said that they've deliberately set up the game so that time travelling isn't punished and that they are okay with it.

The cockroaches, the weeds etc are the punishment. And you islanders don't like it either

Dodge wrote: »
    The cockroaches, the weeds etc are the punishment. And you islanders don't like it either

I don't mind them too much, jumping a couple of months though means a proper going-over of both house and island. Being away for a good while means some islanders are ready to leave which is fine by me, I have three islanders I really like (Molly, Shep and Raymond), the rest are fine, I give them gifts, I like that they are on my island but if they want to go, off they pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Avery in campsite today and moving in soon.
    Carrie (the kangaroo) in boxes so let me know if anyone wants her.

Avery was wanting to replace Ankha so I closed the game immediately and upon reopening it, he was willing to move in directly without wanting to play the card game again, this time choosing Carrie! She was one of the characters I'd let leave if they'd ask me!

• Advertisement

tbahh wrote: »
    Avery in campsite today and moving in soon.
    Carrie (the kangaroo) in boxes so let me know if anyone wants her.

Avery was wanting to replace Ankha so I closed the game immediately and upon reopening it, he was willing to move in directly without wanting to play the card game again, this time choosing Carrie! She was one of the characters I'd let leave if they'd ask me!

Making a mother and joey homeless... Shocking :)

Making a mother and joey homeless... Shocking :)

Haha, she's already told me she's moving to another island tomorrow so she's all sorted. She actually didn't seem to mind leaving. I wonder the higher the friendship level, the more emotional their response is?

I also gave her a fossil earlier and she gave me nothing in return. She can get it assessed by Blathers and the Nooklings might give her a few bells for it when she's on her way! :D

I don't think what's said above needs to be necessarily in spoiler tags. If it were revealing future items or content, then yes. I've actually talked about it a couple of months back and how it was possible to do that. I've always stayed in the same week while doing it so learned a few new things about it myself.

Now that they've made certain guests occur more frequently, I'm less inclined to do it. I actually have four characters now (all me! :D) and I just swap between them when a certain guest comes. For example, if Gulliver washes up on the beach, I'll get 4 items from him the following day.
    When Label comes, I'd probably only see her once though.

I also use the other characters' homes to make different "buildings" on the island. For now, I have a food court, hotel and community hub in the works!

tbahh wrote: »
    Haha, she's already told me she's moving to another island tomorrow so she's all sorted. She actually didn't seem to mind leaving. I wonder the higher the friendship level, the more emotional their response is?

I also gave her a fossil earlier and she gave me nothing in return. She can get it assessed by Blathers and the Nooklings might give her a few bells for it when she's on her way! :D

She called me a scumbag :mad:

She called me a scumbag :mad:

Maybe she's off to your island tomorrow... :D

To whoever suggested giving the islanders blathers-assessed fossils - great idea! Just got a couple of photos there in exchange for two

The fossils are usually a good value so gets you the good friendship points.

If you feel you are at the max friendship with a villager, the key is to give them a gift that they are guaranteed to give you something back, then you have the chance for the photo 10% of the time. This week I've been giving all the lads the fancy nets and fishing rods from the shop and I got a gift every time so that could be a good one to give.

They never catch any fish or bugs so at least now they can look good trying :pac:

Anyone have Redd today with some spare real art?

RedRochey wrote: »
    Anyone have Redd today with some spare real art?

Sadly no. Still no sign of him here. All I got today is Labelle.

• Advertisement

Celeste is here if anyone wants to pop across to her.

Advertisement