Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

I'm mid 30s for carlow... not holding out much hope of being called within a year

I was originally mid 50s in Carlow on 2016 panel and started in April 17. Just less than a year after applying. You never know! It was different then though with the supervised aptitude test changing OOM significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

katiem111 wrote: »
    Well done you! I got 6824, ranked 22, so not too many applications for Mayo then? Could be a long wait though...

I got just under 6600 placed 41 for longford & 62 for westmeath. I asked how many candidates there was 1048 placed for longford & 1246 for westmeath. Might give you a clue For Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

ladz wrote: »
    I got just under 6600 placed 41 for longford & 62 for westmeath. I asked how many candidates there was 1048 placed for longford & 1246 for westmeath. Might give you a clue For Mayo.

You must be happy with that. Top 5% in both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

ladz wrote: »

Longford has a substantial Social Welfare workforce, Westmeath similarly have Dept of Education , I don't know can you compare either with Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hanaolosdad

Scored 90 for Clare and 140 for limerick ( 1st choice) ..do ye think I'd get called for an interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

170 for Galway and 130 for Mayo. What are the chances of interview for either of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

New message on my message board .......................... :D

........... survey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Message from public jobs! Huge excitement.......annndddd it's a survey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I didn't get any survey message.

Edit- just received it

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Happyhammelknb

Scored 90 for Clare and 140 for limerick ( 1st choice) ..do ye think I'd get called for an interview?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 bibi91

Scored in the 60's for Cavan and 120 for Meath. What are my chances to be called for an interview??

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

I did not get a message about survey

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Be1999

I scored 323 for limerick, and 345 for Galway, is it likely or unlikely I’ll get called for interview

Longford has a substantial Social Welfare workforce, Westmeath similarly have Dept of Education , I don't know can you compare either with Mayo.

Yes but the question was about number of applications not positions. I had similar points & similar oom & i found out how many candidates for the counties i applied for.

Vologda69 wrote: »
    You must be happy with that. Top 5% in both

Sure am 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Carmol123

Got 254 for cavan and 450s for longford any chance of getting called for interview

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

murphy15 wrote: »
    ...a lot of COs already employed apply because its easier way to get transferred than mobility only 1 in every 3 jobs I know 20 plus in my offices....

So, would you think it would be better to try to get in as a CO by choosing Dublin and then trying to transfer county? Than applying for your home county or a boarding county!? I got a score of 5035 and a oom of 693 for Mayo, 1119 for Sligo..which I consider shocking! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12 murphy15

job seeker wrote: »
    So, would you think it would be better to try to get in as a CO by choosing Dublin and then trying to transfer county? Than applying for your home county or a boarding county!? I got a score of 5035 and a oom of 693 for Mayo, 1119 for Sligo..which I consider shocking! :o

Yes definitely its very difficult unless you get a good oom to get a position down the country, with Dublin there is more positions ( obviously the cost of living is higher ) people then apply via mobility after 2 years or aim to get a better score on the external panel that could see them move down the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Yes definitely its very difficult unless you get a good oom to get a position down the country, with Dublin there is more positions ( obviously the cost of living is higher ) people then apply via mobility after 2 years or aim to get a better score on the external panel that could see them move down the country

you just couldn't be living on 24k in Dublin though unless you were living with your parents i.e from Dublin. It wouldn't be possible.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    you just couldn't be living on 24k in Dublin though unless you were living with your parents i.e from Dublin. It wouldn't be possible.

to be honest most people in our department are from the country & have not a penny after rent is paid a lot a renting rooms etc in naas kilcock leixlip and most are aiming to get down the country eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭doc22

to be honest most people in our department are from the country & have not a penny after rent is paid a lot a renting rooms etc in naas kilcock leixlip and most are aiming to get down the country eventually
    Funny the vast majority of staff in departments(in my experience) in Dublin are from Dublin/commuter belt.

doc22 wrote: »
    Funny the vast majority of staff in departments(in my experience) in Dublin are from Dublin/commuter belt.
    Maybe in other areas I'm certainly not an expert but in my department their are people from Sligo, mayo Kerry etc,the point I'm making is if you want a career in public sector it is a lot easier to get a position in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Maybe in other areas I'm certainly not an expert but in my department their are people from Sligo, mayo Kerry etc,the point I'm making is if you want a career in public sector it is a lot easier to get a position in Dublin.

Unfortunately you can't get a breakdown of clerical officer appointment by county but its likely most assignment would be in Dublin.

I was just looking at the PAS annual reports for CO assignments the total assignments per year

2018 = 1777 (CO) & 2967 (TCO)

2017 = 4146 (CO & TCO)

2016 = 4338 (CO & TCO)

2015 = 3433 (CO & TCO)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 allysangel

Newport81 wrote: »
    170 for Galway and 130 for Mayo. What are the chances of interview for either of these?

There’s 1617 candidates on the panel in Galway and 1187 on the panel in Mayo .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

allysangel wrote: »
    There’s 1617 candidates on the panel in Galway and 1187 on the panel in Mayo .

Is there somewhere you can find out that information?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Emilyk17

I placed 3900 OOM for Dublin.
    I take it I have no chance at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Wonder if interviews will take place this month. Surely they’d let people know this week if interviews are next week? Otherwise it’ll be June!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 allysangel

Is there somewhere you can find out that information?

I just emailed them , had a reply in minutes .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Emilyk17

allysangel wrote: »
    I just emailed them , had a reply in minutes .

Does anyone know how many candidates are on the panel for Dublin? Just checking before I email.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Cool! Cheers! I’ll do that anymore! I assumed that it would be much of a muchness, given the high population in Dublin? I am at not at all hopeful with my oom in this campaign!

Appreciate your reply! It would tight living on 24k in Dublin. Although I’d say it’s possible with budgeting etc.

Advertisement