Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

bigpink wrote:
    Would most kids not be within walking distance of this school

Walking cycling driving comments really are irrelevant to social distancing concerns at the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You'll have all the gate cliques that haven't seen each in months so they'll eventually get all their gossip out and realise that scoil ide actually asked parents to remain in their cars and not park outside the teachers parking, both being ignored. Check the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

bigpink wrote: »
    Would most kids not be within walking distance of this school

Of course they are. I walked from the bottom of Carew Park to St Endas every school morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

YFlyer wrote: »
    Of course they are. I walked from the bottom of Carew Park to St Endas every school morning.

The Model is the school that makes me laugh kids are driven in from all over the city and county...

bigpink wrote:
    The Model is the school that makes me laugh kids are driven in from all over the city and county...

Social streaming...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

kilburn wrote: »
    Social streaming...

Alot of parents like their kids to go to same school they went to.

Never said the didn't but you do have a lot of social streaming

17 cases in Limerick today tracking up although very slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Fluxfan

17 cases in Limerick today tracking up although very slowly

Does anyone have any idea where these cases are coming from? Every day there seems to be a good chunk in limerick but no word of its factories or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fluxfan wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea where these cases are coming from? Every day there seems to be a good chunk in limerick but no word of its factories or what.

Was there a hospital cluster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Just wondering the same thing. We're not really hearing much about clusters but there must be some. Is the age profile of these cases available anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Fluxfan

Just wondering the same thing. We're not really hearing much about clusters but there must be some. Is the age profile of these cases available anywhere?

I did hear some rumours it was an outbreak in a direct provision Centre but not sure how much truth to that there is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I did hear some rumours it was an outbreak in a direct provision Centre but not sure how much truth to that there is.
    That was confirmed officially, although not which one.

Is there not catchment areas to avoid this

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

I really really feel for Limerick businesses.

I know some have adapted like Duo who have set up a brilliant online store, Milk Market have joined Neighbourfood. But I'd say many are suffering.

Anyone know of any ways to support some local businesses during this time? Especially the pubs that can't open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Is there not catchment areas to avoid this

Not always no. Some schools give priority to catchment area or to siblings or children of past pupils, children of teachers, etc, they can set their own priorities as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭adaminho

I really really feel for Limerick businesses.

I know some have adapted like Duo who have set up a brilliant online store, Milk Market have joined Neighbourfood. But I'd say many are suffering.

Anyone know of any ways to support some local businesses during this time? Especially the pubs that can't open?

https://www.leanonme.eu/

Would find it hard to put any money in the pockets of vintners, they wanted a 3 week prohibition the other day fickle flakey bunch

Other biz no problem

Not always no. Some schools give priority to catchment area or to siblings or children of past pupils, children of teachers, etc, they can set their own priorities as far as I know.

Keep it exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Never said the didn't but you do have a lot of social streaming

What does social streaming mean?

• Advertisement

Harpy wrote: »
    What does social streaming mean?

It's to keep lower class people out

It's to keep lower class people out

Just like a Gaelscoil so :-)

Just like a Gaelscoil so :-)

Well certain Gaelscoils..I'm sure they leave in a few to show face

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

:rolleyes:

Anyone know what school leader are reporting about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Meelick

Meelick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭maebee

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/570927/breaking-a-school-near-the-limerick-border-closes-due-to-covid.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

A NATIONAL school located close to the Limerick county bounds has closed "immediately" as a number of staff members are close contacts of a case of Covid-19, the Leader has learned.

A text from the school to parents this Wednesday - seen by the Limerick Leader - reads: "We have been advised by the HSE that a number of staff members have been identified as close contacts of a case of Covid-19."

It goes on to say that, "On that basis they have to be excluded from school. It is not possible for the school to remain open without any permanent member of staff so unfortunately the school will have to close immediately".

The school hopes to reopen next week. It stressed that "this has no implications for students and no pupil has been identified as a close contact to date".

"We regret the closure of the school but we are obliged to follow the HSE guidelines," concludes the text message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

NPHET hinted yesterday that the cases in Limerick were more or less all in the City
    Rumors going around of 10 + cases in Kilmallock and NCW today
    is there anyway at all of knowing for sure if true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

NPHET hinted yesterday that the cases in Limerick were more or less all in the City
    Rumors going around of 10 + cases in Kilmallock and NCW today
    is there anyway at all of knowing for sure if true

They are never going to come out and say exactly where the cases are. The naming of the school yesterday and the subsequent vilification On social media of the school, teachers, principal and HSE are case and point of that.
    The inevitable fact is, we are all going to be exposed to Covid at some stage until (if) a vaccine is produced. We have to accept that. So exactly where the cases are occurring is not going to be reported.
    All we can do is take personal responsibility for ourselves and our families - social distancing, washing hands, masks etc. and do our best to stay safe. There really is not much else we can do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement