Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Probably answered a million times before on different threads but are the numbers linked to where the tests were done or where the people live? That is for instance, if a Clare person is tested in Limerick and is positive, is that a Limerick or Clare case?

Think its to do with where you're from or where the cluster originated (if any). Numbers have been reassigned throughout the pandemic, we've seen Limerick numbers dropping as cases were reallocated to Clare/Tipp but it can be retrospective so might not update for a week say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Thanks, now someone living in east county Limerick who has been referred for a test in Nenagh so was curious if Limerick numbers were being affected by referral into and outside of Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,869 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Heard of similar happening. Person I know got an appointment for a test in Ennis so they rang their doctor again and got test rescheduled for the Gaelic Grounds.

I was offered Galway despite living walking distance from PnaG

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭pajoguy

307 with 19 in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I was offered Galway despite living walking distance from PnaG

What became of this? Were you able to get it changed?

• Advertisement

Miike wrote: »
    What became of this? Were you able to get it changed?

Ya but it was Galway that night or Limerick 2 days later and I took Limerick

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Ya but it was Galway that night or Limerick 2 days later and I took Limerick

Interesting. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

geotrig wrote: »
    if limerick does do to lockdown i wonder how that will affect surrounding areas like corbally, parteen,ardnacrusha etc ?
    Since the nearest place in Co Clare to Limerick called Corbally is about 15 miles away in Quin it should be fine along with rest of the sunlit uplands in Co Clare.Time for a lot of idiots in Parteen and Ardnacrusha to decide if they are from Clare or Limerick.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Funny that cases are so high here but none of the 30+ schools with identified cases have been in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

iguana wrote: »
    Funny that cases are so high here but none of the 30+ schools with identified cases have been in Limerick.

The cases are high here because COViD has been shacking up with some high “culture” people and their relatives who brought it back from abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

The cases are high here because COViD has been shacking up with some high “culture” people and their relatives who brought it back from abroad.

So lockdown the area around NCW and Rathkeale?
    I'd vote for that.

For the people you are talking about to be the positives they would need to get tested and I dont buy the idea they would

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

iguana wrote:

Strange that isn't it like it's not been reported yet.........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If it's just Rathkeake and another town, lock them down, not the bloody city.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Absolutely, I’m arguing this over in the main covid thread and people are not grasping it. Much easier to restrict access in and out of Rathkeale than putting the entirety of Limerick city and county in the bold corner over them.

Most of the cases are the city people are not isolating when waiting for or after getting tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

FutureGuy wrote: »

But where have those people been ?

kilburn wrote: »
    Most of the cases are the city people are not isolating when waiting for or after getting tested.

Not from what I’ve heard, Rathkeale has a few people back from Poland and U.K. in the past few weeks who have managed to spread it. City numbers are apparently very low.

No idea on west limerick but they are ticking up in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Cases in Limerick are higher than a few weeks ago but still small. Can people be extra vigilant in the days ahead please.

I don’t do anything except work and go home . I don’t want Covid. Our schools have gone back. Can everyone just be cautious. Students are only back at school and a local lockdown will be devastating. Don’t drop the ball and think Covid is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

If this is true shame on them for not thinking of others. Why can’t people just do the right thing and Isolate.

Lisa2011 wrote:
    If this is true shame on them for not thinking of others. Why can’t people just do the right thing and Isolate.

Limerick is full of people who just won't be told unfortunately.

Shocks me that people are being allowed into shops still without masks.

Local lockdown doesn't mean to much nothing changed in the 3 Midlands counties apart from you couldn't leave your county nothing closed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Strange that isn't it like it's not been reported yet.........

27 out of 36 schools with closures/cases are in Dublin. Possibly somewhat disproportionate to population and caseload but not unusual either. Three schools in Kerry have cases despite Kerry having a small case rate. But Limerick with our high rate of infections has none. I really, really hope it doesn’t mean that there are cases which haven’t been identified, because catching them early is vital to prevent/minimise clusters forming.

Schools can't do anything until HSE confirm a case to them and I am not sure how ling that process takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So it seems that the Limerick cases seem to be emanating from distinct clusters in Direct Provision centres (in the city presumably) and a couple of rural towns :confused::confused:

If that is the case it would be super helpful if the HSE/Government came out and confirmed wtf is happening rather than scaremongering an entire county :mad:

Cartman78 wrote: »
    So it seems that the Limerick cases seem to be emanating from distinct clusters in Direct Provision centres (in the city presumably) and a couple of rural towns :confused::confused:

If that is the case it would be super helpful if the HSE/Government came out and confirmed wtf is happening rather than scaremongering an entire county :mad:

Where are you hearing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Miike wrote: »

I will admit my sources at sketchy at best but there’s been a few things of Twitter and other social media in recent days. And recent posts on this thread has suggested same (unless I’ve misinterpreted something)

Either way it would be helpful to have official confirmation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I always say in work that when there is a vacuum or lack of information with serious situations the gaps will be filled with rumor and speculation that often is more negative than the reality.

Some more information from the authorities may actually reassure and settle people rather than panic which I think is what they believe will happen.

Miike wrote:

Business have closed on main street in Rathkeale due to people not self isolating

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »

I heard from someone who works in the hotel mentioned that its not true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement