Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Treepole wrote: »
    I'd advise not to answer that or you'll have the curtain twitchers shaming them on social media

Well if as posted above they opened there doors they want people to know they are open

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lol, Limerick Influencers, dear lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

bazz26 wrote: »
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

@callaway92. There's no such place as Lough. It's called The Locke Bar.

That's the one. Yeh.

The Locke Bar..I'll never forget it again. Thanks Cookie for the notice on that. Disaster that I got that wrong.

kilburn wrote: »
    Probably best then contacting HSE and HSA rather than calling it out on a random thread on Boards that way something will actually be done about it and potentially save lives.

Nah. I just wanted to gossip about it on a discussion forum to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

callaway92 wrote:
    Nah. I just wanted to gossip about it on a discussion forum to be honest.

Are you going to post a smart comment to everyone who replied.

Gossiping as you put it on a forum is pretty pointless if you are not going to call out the potential restrictions breach in a proper formal way.

Too many people turning the other cheek and a blind eyes to some of the crap that's going on.

Are you going to post a smart comment to everyone who replied.

Gossiping as you put it on a forum is pretty pointless if you are not going to call out the potential restrictions breach in a proper formal way.

Too many people turning the other cheek and a blind eyes to some of the crap that's going on.

No - It’s just the Cookie fella gives me exclusively guff here and nothing helpful, so I retorted to that.

Your comment, again wasn’t helpful to me (i kinda thought you were taking the mick which I might have been wrong about). I wanted to bring it up here to see does anyone else see the same thing happening. I wouldn’t want to go to the HSA/HSE with potential false accusations against a bar.

People on this Limerick forum take things so personally it’s crazy.

You said it - People are turning a blind eye to what’s going on, and yet when I asked here, people go nuts towards me and don’t try to break the point down and make a discussion of it.

The ‘attack the post, not the poster’ thing hasn’t been happening here. ‘WHERE’S YOUR PROOF’ etc doesn’t really add to the discussion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

callaway92 wrote: »
    No - It’s just the Cookie fella gives me exclusively guff here and nothing helpful, so I retorted to that.
    Exclusively guff? What? I simply pointed out that you had the name wrong. And I have no memory of any of our previous conversations, so I really don't know what you're talking about.
    Your comment, again wasn’t helpful to me (i kinda thought you’d were taking the mick which I might have been wrong about). I wanted to bring it up here to see does anyone else see the same thing happening. I wouldn’t want to go to the HSA/HSE with potential false accusations against a bar.
    So you put those potential false accusations on an online public forum instead, leaving said forum open to legal action?
    People on this Limerick forum take things so personally it’s crazy.

You said it - People are turning a blind eye to what’s going on, and yet when I asked here, people go nuts towards me and don’t try to break the point down and make a discussion of it.

The ‘attack the post, not the poster’ thing hasn’t been happening here. ‘WHERE’S YOUR PROOF’ etc doesn’t really add to the discussion.
    When you admit that you're potentially spreading false accusation against a bar, how can you be surprised that people ask you for proof?

So you put those potential false accusations on an online public forum instead, leaving said forum open to legal action?

When you admit that you're potentially spreading false accusation against a bar, how can you be surprised that people ask you for proof?

Again - I wanted to see if others were either saying they don't believe this to be the case, or they agree that they're seeing similar happen too.

This wouldn't open the forum up to legal action. My god; ease off with the hyperbole.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

take it to PM lads, no one is interested

• Advertisement

mitresize5 wrote: »
    take it to PM lads, no one is interested

I know - I hate it. It’s actually embarrassing but I was raising a point and this is how it turned out. Correcting me on the spelling of a Bar’s name etc.

Will stop wasting my time with him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bazz26 wrote: »

Blind Boy (Rubbebandit) :p

I know - I hate it. It’s actually embarrassing but I was raising a point and this is how it turned out. Correcting me on the spelling of a Bar’s name etc.

Will stop wasting my time with him now.

Ah, I wasn't the one who questioned you on your story. Shouldnt you be taking those posters to task rather than me? I simply pointed out that you got a name wrong and you lost the plot. I honestly have no idea why you have a beef against me.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Marty1983

Just spotted a woman pulling her son "pa" into the circle K on Ballinacurra Road. No masks.
    I assume its the shops obligation to ask them to leave? Fairly intimidating for staff if they are regulars and not overly friendly.

Confirmation of a case within Thomand RFC on their social media

Not sure if this is the right thread, but it is Covid related. King Johns Castle (and Bunratty Castle) have gotten a reprieve from closure until the end of the year after the government gave them €2m an extra funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Marty1983 wrote: »
    Just spotted a woman pulling her son "pa" into the circle K on Ballinacurra Road. No masks.
    I assume its the shops obligation to ask them to leave?

There's no obligation on a shop to ask them to leave.
    Once the person in charge advises customers to wear coverings, they are OK. Usually a sign suffices.

There are exemptions too - not everyone can wear a covering for medical reasons.

Kramer wrote: »
    There's no obligation on a shop to ask them to leave.
    Once the person in charge advises customers to wear coverings, they are OK. Usually a sign suffices.

There are exemptions too - not everyone can wear a covering for medical reasons.

99.99% of which are spoofers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

99.99% of which are spoofers.

Possibly, but would you be happy accosting the .01% of genuine people then, with possible serious medical issues, & kicking them out?
    What if it's someone with a hidden disability?
    Must they stay at home, in perpetuity?

There's no easy solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Marty1983

After that protest in dublin today id imagine they will be in full lock down in about two weeks.

Jim Corr was one of the ring leaders. These are the same people blaming 5G for everything and Elvis still being alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

If they were unfortunate enough to catch it let's hope and pray they get a mild dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Marty1983 wrote: »
    After that protest in dublin today id imagine they will be in full lock down in about two weeks.

Jim Corr was one of the ring leaders. These are the same people blaming 5G for everything and Elvis still being alive.

Dublin will never be locked down unless its part of an entire country lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Dublin will never be locked down unless its part of an entire country lockdown.

Agreed

Judging by school run this morning would not be surprised to see upwards rise in cases across the country in the next few weeks.

Outside the school no social distancing, no masks and feck all regard for anyone else !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Judging by school run this morning would not be surprised to see upwards rise in cases across the country in the next few weeks.

Outside the school no social distancing, no masks and feck all regard for anyone else !

Really? That's disappointing. I did see people walking to the school in Castletroy on the Dublin Road and it looked like a procession of people walking in, in 3 metre spaces

Mc Love wrote: »
    Really? That's disappointing. I did see people walking to the school in Castletroy on the Dublin Road and it looked like a procession of people walking in, in 3 metre spaces

Usual group smoking the fags and having a chat you know what i mean without using my bucket of tar !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Traffic was busier this morning of course but people will also be driving in abnormal ways because instead of some heading to work afterwards they're turning around and heading home and the fact that a lot of businesses are still working remotely the traffic was not so bad. Of course traffic around the 3 schools I passed was a normal sh*tshow. Scoil Ide has organised entry to the grounds in a way that adversely affects those who drive.

If you normally dropped the child at the front gate they may now have to enter the back gate(Mill road) and vice versa meaning people are driving towards the lights and qeueing in droves to turn onto the Mill Road.

For me the 2 schools on Clare Street and Scoil Ide just appeared like normal business resumed, didn't look like anybody changed their ways(other than some masks on parents).

Will there be outbreaks in Schools? Yes, not all but I don't see how, with that amount of children around the country confined together and heading back to families and friends, that it can be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

Scoil Ide was bad this morning, worst I've seen, ours are finished there few years now so I now how bad it can be
    but was brutal this morning, dont know why you'd bring a tore like driving down mill rd side to drop, better to park Irish estate and walk them around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

BobMc wrote: »
    Scoil Ide was bad this morning, worst I've seen, ours are finished there few years now so I now how bad it can be
    but was brutal this morning, dont know why you'd bring a tore like driving down mill rd side to drop, better to park Irish estate and walk them around.

Would most kids not be within walking distance of this school

• Advertisement

BobMc wrote:
    Scoil Ide was bad this morning, worst I've seen, ours are finished there few years now so I now how bad it can be but was brutal this morning, dont know why you'd bring a tore like driving down mill rd side to drop, better to park Irish estate and walk them around.

Plus 1 that's where I was talking about

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement