Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Just check the electoral area maps and you cam track increases

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

kilburn wrote: »
    Just check the electoral area maps and you cam track increases

really??
    Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,955 ✭✭✭✭phog

1,000 people a day don't turn up for scheduled tests. While there will be reasons for some that number is too high, some people just don't give a fcuk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

really??
    Link?

It's on this page, but you'll have to wait a few weeks...

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Not much use but thanks
    was hoping for current numbers
    kids communion in 2 weeks, would be nice to know if its a realistic proposition or not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,561 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

NPHET hinted yesterday that the cases in Limerick were more or less all in the City
    Rumors going around of 10 + cases in Kilmallock and NCW today
    is there anyway at all of knowing for sure if true

Is Rathkeale also a rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,955 ✭✭✭✭phog

Not much use but thanks
    was hoping for current numbers
    kids communion in 2 weeks, would be nice to know if its a realistic proposition or not!

The communion can probably happen, having something like 50 guests at an afters certainly can't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Boardmaster

You can use this link to search the Geographic Distribution. Not sure how useful it is but interesting all the same.

About half way down the page - enter your eircode or just search.

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I see the Old Stand is gone messy again..I'm sure they all in for 9 euro meals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

bigpink wrote: »
    I see the Old Stand is gone messy again..I'm sure they all in for 9 euro meals

Is that on upper Henry Street.?
    Thought that place had gone out if business ages ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

washman3 wrote: »
    Is that on upper Henry Street.?
    Thought that place had gone out if business ages ago.

Are you thinking of the Corner Flag?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Are you thinking of the Corner Flag?
    I think that's now a creche

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Does anyone know what the source is for the recent (relatively) high case numbers?

Limerick 3rd highest cases nationally over the last couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

• Registered Users Posts: 24,869 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

NPHET hinted yesterday that the cases in Limerick were more or less all in the City
    Rumors going around of 10 + cases in Kilmallock and NCW today
    is there anyway at all of knowing for sure if true

Unless theres an anomalous reason like the meat factories then you would assume that most cases would be the city with most of the rest in the big towns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the source is for the recent (relatively) high case numbers?

Limerick 3rd highest cases nationally over the last couple of days

Blatant Ignorance, stupidity and selfishness are the 3 best reasons i can think of!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

Louche Lad wrote: »
    A doctor with COVID-19 worked a shift in UHL Minor Injuries. Worrying.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/health-news/coronavirus-ireland-symptoms-news-update-21645411

This site is not maintained. Data showing dates from 12 August.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

I have an elderly aunt in Limerick.

The daughter comes to help her in the shower. She works part time at the hospital.

I know my aunt's husband was particularly freaked during the lockdown but the daughter only got the job a few weeks ago. I know he will be worried about letting her come to the house now and the daughter has a bizarre old head on her and thinks she is immune because of the Lord.

Should I tell hm to ask the daughter to stay away for a week or is ins=isting that she wear mask enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I have an elderly aunt in Limerick.

The daughter comes to help her in the shower. She works part time at the hospital.

I know my aunt's husband was particularly freaked during the lockdown but the daughter only got the job a few weeks ago. I know he will be worried about letting her come to the house now and the daughter has a bizarre old head on her and thinks she is immune because of the Lord.

Should I tell hm to ask the daughter to stay away for a week or is ins=isting that she wear mask enough?

That story in the previous link was from March (if that is what you are concerned about)

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

That story in the previous link was from March (if that is what you are concerned about)

Thank you but no that isn't it.

I had read on the yesterday news about the rise in infections in Limerick and that people should limit contact. Just concerned about aunt having the daughter visit as the daughter is very irresponsible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Where have people been sent for testing? We got a notification to go to Nenagh for a test for my daughter (4 yr old).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The pubs have been given the go ahead for the 21st September. Good news but added with the stark warning about the rise in cases in Limerick & Dublin with considerations today of local restrictions.

IF Limerick gets a lockdown(like Kildare/Laois/Offaly) then we may see the return of the Shannon Knights trips :D or Flashs pub, Browns Bar and Larkins each in County Clare, heck maybe head to Newport :D (If the Gardai don't put checkpoints out of course) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭Cartman78

SEORG wrote: »
    Where have people been sent for testing? We got a notification to go to Nenagh for a test for my daughter (4 yr old).

Anyone I’ve heard of locally (including myself back in May) were sent to the Gaelic Grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭geotrig

if limerick does do to lockdown i wonder how that will affect surrounding areas like corbally, parteen,ardnacrusha etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

geotrig wrote: »
    if limerick does do to lockdown i wonder how that will affect surrounding areas like corbally, parteen,ardnacrusha etc ?

Schools would be affected mostly I would say but on travel. Parteen school would surely have people from Limerick and Scoil Ide would have people from Clare and Tipperary(I know a few from Newport who go there) so they would likely have to stop attending. Other schools equally affected like St Munchins College

I'm in Parteen and work from home so less affected other than needing to get the "big shop" which would be Tesco Coonagh.

The detrimental/financial effect would likely be on businesses though rather than on schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

For a lockdown to work there needs to be compliance, and I'd say there would be absolutely zero given for any re-introduction given the current figures.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Berty wrote: »
    The detrimental/financial effect would likely be on businesses though rather than on schools.
    During the recent Kildare/Laois/Offaly lockdown the only businesses to close were hospitality. Everything else stayed open.

And the only travel restriction was out of the county. There were no restrictions to travel within the counties.

And even then it was pretty ridiculous. Anyone not working in those counties could leave for work, so tens of thousands would have traveled outside their counties every day. If it were to happen in Limerick, I and thousands of others would still be traveling to work in Clare every day and thousands of others would be traveling in the opposite direction.

Local lockdowns are unworkable blunt instruments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Probably answered a million times before on different threads but are the numbers linked to where the tests were done or where the people live? That is for instance, if a Clare person is tested in Limerick and is positive, is that a Limerick or Clare case?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Shur walk past places like Tom and Jerry s pub they are serving away
    You can hear and see the smoking area it was packed yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

SEORG wrote: »

Heard of similar happening. Person I know got an appointment for a test in Ennis so they rang their doctor again and got test rescheduled for the Gaelic Grounds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement