Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

Rathkeale really is a stain on the county. Feel sorry for the decent people that live there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I heard from someone who works in the hotel mentioned that its not true

Whether its that hotel or another one, the CMO confirmed an outbreak at a direct provision facility in Limerick a week or two back. There aren't that many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Rathkeale really is a stain on the county. Feel sorry for the decent people that live there.

It's a nice little town in fairness, it's the visitors that are the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,869 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Whether its that hotel or another one, the CMO confirmed an outbreak at a direct provision facility in Limerick a week or two back. There aren't that many of them.

Ok but the amount of daily cases in Limerick cant all still be coming from there. 1 outbreak a couple of weeks ago should be fairly sorted by now unless im misinformed and there are 100s living in these places

Ok but the amount of daily cases in Limerick cant all still be coming from there. 1 outbreak a couple of weeks ago should be fairly sorted by now unless im misinformed and there are 100s living in these places

As pointed out above it's not just the direct provision centers that are the issue in Limerick. From my info there are outbreaks in sites around the city as well as Rathkeale.

• Advertisement

As pointed out above it's not just the direct provision centers that are the issue in Limerick. From my info there are outbreaks in sites around the city as well as Rathkeale.

By info do you mean twitter and stuff your neighbour said

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Since the nearest place in Co Clare to Limerick called Corbally is about 15 miles away in Quin it should be fine along with rest of the sunlit uplands in Co Clare.Time for a lot of idiots in Parteen and Ardnacrusha to decide if they are from Clare or Limerick.

Idiots? Please explain why you would consider them, also me, an idiot?

By info do you mean twitter and stuff your neighbour said
    No I mean info from someone actually working with that community.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Since the nearest place in Co Clare to Limerick called Corbally is about 15 miles away in Quin it should be fine along with rest of the sunlit uplands in Co Clare.Time for a lot of idiots in Parteen and Ardnacrusha to decide if they are from Clare or Limerick.

Corbally is in Clare. You pass a welcome to clare sign just after you cross the bridge at Shannon banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

It is pretty clear from 99% of what has been said by NPHET and Govt in last 24 hours, the cases are in Limerick CITY
    Philip Nolan and Colm Henry both referenced the CITY
    The cases are mostly it seems on the northside of the city, with 2 small clusters in Rathkeale
    If there are going to be lockdown's, it will be City lockdown not county

Be interested to see the opinions then of the lads on here a few pages back roaring to lock down the county when it suited them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭geotrig

Corbally is in Clare. You pass a welcome to clare sign just after you cross the bridge at Shannon banks.

I think he is trying to be smart on my comment as "shannon banks" and "westbury" are probally not officially known as corbally

I've heard of a few area's in the city mentioned but mostly only rumor, I can only assume some of these communions and confirmations partys may not have helped in the last few weeks either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

I dont agree that Corbally is in Clare, but thats besides the point.

I think reporting should pinpoint where the outbreaks are occuring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭moby2101

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-19-restrictions-on-visiting-other-people-s-homes-may-hit-dublin-and-limerick-1.4350122?mode=amp

This morning's IT.
    This was mentioned on Newstalk also , looks like the next "level " of Lockdown that we may be facing here in Limerick.
    Not the worst, hoping theres no travel restrictions as were heading off around the Island on our staycation next week.

moby2101 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-19-restrictions-on-visiting-other-people-s-homes-may-hit-dublin-and-limerick-1.4350122?mode=amp

This morning's IT.
    This was mentioned on Newstalk also , looks like the next "level " of Lockdown that we may be facing here in Limerick.
    Not the worst, hoping theres no travel restrictions as were heading off around the Island on our staycation next week.

Not great with first communions coming up and no siblings allowed attend......

Absolutely, hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately no matter what "level" is further foisted on us , people will be affected in different ways

• Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

It is pretty clear from 99% of what has been said by NPHET and Govt in last 24 hours, the cases are in Limerick CITY
    Philip Nolan and Colm Henry both referenced the CITY
    The cases are mostly it seems on the northside of the city, with 2 small clusters in Rathkeale
    If there are going to be lockdown's, it will be City lockdown not county

Be interested to see the opinions then of the lads on here a few pages back roaring to lock down the county when it suited them

Good few cases on the Northside, and there's a good chance they'll spread to different parts of the city as one cluster from the Northside play football with a team on the southside.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Absolutely, hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately no matter what "level" is further foisted on us , people will be affected in different ways

Not being allowed into other people's houses is the absolute worst case scenario for elderly people who live alone and single parents. Not being able to have your family visit or to visit their houses is far worse than not being able to use leisure facilities.

I agree, but if you read the piece in its entirety you'll see that they're not advocating a complete ban on house visits . It appears house visits will be limited to a lesser number than were currently at

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Good few cases on the Northside, and there's a good chance they'll spread to different parts of the city as one cluster from the Northside play football with a team on the southside.

Is this a proper club or just groups of lads?

iguana wrote: »
    Not being allowed into other people's houses is the absolute worst case scenario for elderly people who live alone and single parents. Not being able to have your family visit or to visit their houses is far worse than not being able to use leisure facilities.

Lets be honest, it's an unenforcable rule, and if it comes into force it will be widely ignored. Especially amongst families.
    I agree, but if you read the piece in its entirety you'll see that they're not advocating a complete ban on house visits . It appears house visits will be limited to a lesser number than were currently at

Can you quote where it says that, because I've read the article and can't see it anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Where are people seeing that there are clusters in the north side of the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

kilburn wrote: »
    Is this a proper club or just groups of lads?

Proper club in junior football.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,161 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

iguana wrote: »

Those people could still meet family outside the house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Proper club in junior football.

Have they released a statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

bazz26 wrote: »

Its more information than they normally give but still pretty pointless unless they at least break it down further by province/county.

No point reading about cases that are actually in Kildare/Dublin and speculating that they're the Limerick clusters. They need to start giving us more localised information, even if its as broad as a province breakdown to maintain anonymity.

Sorry but the 101 in the transient community is only the ones found, we all know what's happening there. Test's are being avoided and appointments ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭maebee

I've been living in Corbally for the past 35 years and I still don't know if I live in Limerick or Clare :)

Once you pass Munchins, you are in Clare
    simple!!
    Tesco, Mughals etc, all Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭geotrig

Its more information than they normally give but still pretty pointless unless they at least break it down further by province/county.

No point reading about cases that are actually in Kildare/Dublin and speculating that they're the Limerick clusters. They need to start giving us more localised information, even if its as broad as a province breakdown to maintain anonymity.

The thing is we know that there has been over *** amount of cases (i cant remember how many now ):p the last 2 weeks. So we know there is a surge in limerick and surrounding area's breaking it down wont actually solve anything as it will just give some people the excuse " well it a certain part of the city i'll just keep away from there " etc its surging here and we know how we should be behaving ,unfortunately some wont behave accordingly .I think our social distancing has become nearly non-existent bar queuing and that is hit and miss depending who is queuing around you at times

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement