Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Crimson_Ghost

quad_red wrote: »

I got the error below constantly the last few days. I did all 3 exams last night when I finally got in. Wanted to go in today to double check everything was done but just keeping getting that error.

On chrome, IE, firefox and edge. On my personal laptop (pc), my friend's imac and a HP laptop. On my wifi and tethered to 4G. With cookies cleared. In incognito mode.

Wtf is wrong with that site?

Can other people log into it after they complete the tests?

Did you get an email confirming all the tests were done? ( edit: i see that's been answered above )

Log back in via the link in your message from PAS on publicjobs.ie. If you try to go to the site directly it won't let you log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭doc22

runjb wrote: »
    Did anyone else hear of some people not been invited through to complete these tests? I have heard of one person, which sounds out of step with the screening process as discussed up until now, where everyone does the tests and screening takes place afterwards at some stage.

The didn't get a link or told they weren't good enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭runjb

doc22 wrote: »
    The didn't get a link or told they weren't good enough?

I heard that they were told that they weren't invited to the testing stage but I don't have further details. I just wanted to check if anyone else heard if this happened to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Found SJT and verbal fine. But my brain went to mush with numeric. Questions might as well have been in Swahili. Guessed the last 6 or 7 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Hippo wrote: »
    That numerical test was ridiculous, easily the worst I've participated in.

This time, in an attempt to be clever, I signed up with the provider to practice tests. None of the practice tests provided resembled what we were given.

I thought I was reasonably intelligent. But feeling rather dumb after that numeric : ) Next time round maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 CS_longshot

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Found SJT and verbal fine. But my brain went to mush with numeric. Questions might as well have been in Swahili. Guessed the last 6 or 7 of them

You are not alone in that one! Same thing happened to me and maths is generally my strong suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,560 ✭✭✭billyhead

The numerical was a disaster. I would predict I wasn't the only one who guessed some of the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pdbtsi

billyhead wrote: »
    The numerical was a disaster. I would predict I wasn't the only one who guessed some of the answers.

Nope. Was guessing wildly by the end. Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CanIFindOut

Numeric test would be fine if time limit was 1 hour - 25 minutes is nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

does it normally take long before the results issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gadgetman99

Tomjim wrote: »
    does it normally take long before the results issue?

Normally with these kind of test anywhere from 2-3 weeks but going by other competitions its more likely 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭griffid

I see they’ve extended the deadline for tests till 11pm this evening because of the technical issues with the website.

griffid wrote: »
    I see they’ve extended the deadline for tests till 11pm this evening because of the technical issues with the website.

Sorry meant to say tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

Really?? I didnt get any notification of this. I wonder if that's because I've completed them though??:rolleyes:

Really?? I didnt get any notification of this. I wonder if that's because I've completed them though??:rolleyes:

Possibly. No point telling us if we already have them done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

jones wrote: »
    I was wondering the same my assessment is 100% but there's a line saying see below for information that you need to proceed but i'm assuming that just means the 3 assessments. Imagine going through all of this and then it doesnt submit :eek:

What???? Where is that line? I logged back in on my mobile and it just says 100 complete no line for submitting. I’m bit worried as for EO competition it was just the same , if you haven't submitted at the end it wouldn’t count.

I’m sure I read somewhere that you just need to remember to log out after you have finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

Milenauno wrote: »
    What???? Where is that line? I logged back in on my mobile and it just says 100 complete no line for submitting. I’m bit worried as for EO competition it was just the same , if you haven't submitted at the end it wouldn’t count.

I contacted PAS they said once it says 100% it means it's submitted

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zulu Art

runjb wrote: »
    I heard that they were told that they weren't invited to the testing stage but I don't have further details. I just wanted to check if anyone else heard if this happened to anyone else.

There will always be people who don't meet some criteria but apply anyway.

There will also always be rumours. If you heard it second hand it means nothing. It's not even worth thinking about. That's the entire point of the verbal reasoning assessments.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zulu Art

I’m sure I read somewhere that you just need to remember to log out after you have finished?

That reflects what it says in the email inviting us to the assessments

"Completing the Tests

A. Your personal link to the tests is outlined below. Once you have entered the system, your tests will be displayed.

B. The Verbal and Numerical tests are timed and the accuracy of your responses will be taken into account when your score is being calculated. In addition to the practice questions there are examples questions at the beginning of the verbal and numerical tests. Once you have completed the example questions click on "Take Assessment" to complete the live tests. Answer the questions steadily with no distractions or input from any other person.
    Please note that due to a recent update from SHL the wording and layout are slightly different to previous tests. As a result there is no reference to “Abort” in the tests as was outlined to you in the pre-test information. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

C. The Situational Judgement Questionnaire has no set time limit but typically this Questionnaire should take you no longer than 40 minutes to complete.

D. Once completed, please sign out.

F. You may take breaks between the Verbal test, Numerical test and Situational Judgement test if required. However, we recommend that you complete each test in one sitting.

G. Give yourself sufficient time and do NOT wait until the final hours of the testing deadline to complete the tests.  

H. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are able to access and complete the Aptitude tests before the deadline. Once the deadline for your testing window has passed, you will not be able to commence the tests. No extensions will be given".

-- it would appear from the last sentence has been withdrawn in practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

jones wrote: »
    I contacted PAS they said once it says 100% it means it's submitted

Holy crap! Thanks for doing this.

I’m pretty sure it said ‘100% no further action needed’ or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wanderlust2021

I found the numerical horrendous, more so than the verbal which usually wrecks my head. I much prefer the cut-e assessments, cleaner and quicker to do. I needed a drink after the numerical. SJ one was fine as it always is but wasn't really geared towards CS I thought. I doubt I will get on the OOM, never mind be invited to the next stage! But it's my first AP attempt so experience will do me good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Really? Would've liked the extra couple of days preparation. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

I forgot to log out but later I emailed a query to the provider's helpline about the mismatch between Situation 11 and the options given (61-67). I received this reply;

After investigation we can see that all your assessments are showing completed and results have been forwarded to your recruiter. We can confirm that the test content for the section of the Situational Judgement test highlighted is correct.

My results have been sent to PAS even though I didnt log out of the test site.

My timing and brain went haywire during the maths test despite having got progressively better with practice maths tests over the previous few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 itsfantastic

I also found the numerical quite tough. It seemed tricky to do the calcs in the time more than anything. Does anyone know if the pass percentage is 40?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 batman007

Best of luck everyone ahead of the next stage! Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pinkmouse2020

I didn't log out either all were completed should I email them... Was so mithered with numerical and was defo loosing my will after the situational it was long...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

I also found the numerical quite tough. It seemed tricky to do the calcs in the time more than anything. Does anyone know if the pass percentage is 40?

Last two competitions it has been 50% (min score 40 marks out of a maximum of 80 marks)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I see it has definitely been extended. Complete horse manure as usual in these competitions. "THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSIONS", followed of course by an extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 itsfantastic

dee75 wrote: »
    Last two competitions it has been 50% (min score 40 marks out of a maximum of 80 marks)

Thank you! Hopefully my guesses were correct!

Advertisement