Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Huge difference in Europe between today and tomorrow, presumably this weather system goes to the continent. Berlin is 23 right now, will be 9 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭appledrop

The difference in temperature is unreal today!

Yesterday I was in sandals + sundress. Today I was in a winter coat + had gloves on. Contrast was hilarious. Should have taken photos yesterday + today to remember contrast in temperature!.

Yesterday was an unbelievable day. Wasnt a cloud in sky for the day + everyone on our road was outside in their back gardens all day having barbecue. It was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

It's colder out today but still pleasent enough for shorts. Rain has stayed away thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

New ross yesterday morning
    eDs9X4n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its turned into a lovely sunny evening here in Castlebar. Fresh NE breeze. Nice evening :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It's colder out today and not pleasent enough for shorts. Rain has been spotting in and off for the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭appledrop

It's colder out today but still pleasent enough for shorts. Rain has stayed away thankfully.

Its 8 degrees out there. Shorts are you mad you will get hypothermia!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Was just out for a walk, bitterly cold outside, the wind would skin you in two. Yesterday everyone in shorts and tshirts, today proper winter clothing including gloves. Temperature of 8C but feels no higher than 2 or 3C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Frequently Gusting near 60kmh at my station in Arklow
    That's a fair wind chill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Today is as far from a day in May as it can get in my opinion, cloudy, cold and windy with spits of rain at the moment. It feels even more unseasonable than what we had last June. I think it's the wind that is making it feel this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Still about 11/12 degrees in Cork City but feels a bit colder but the wind had died down. I swear we have a different weather system down here sometimes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Today is as far from a day in May as it can get in my opinion, cloudy, cold and windy with spits of rain at the moment. It feels even more unseasonable than what we had last June. I think it's the wind that is making it feel this way.

We'd probably have temperatures just above zero by day if this had happened in January. It's typical that we are getting this so far out of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Wicklow mountains yesterday morning
    eNcSR1k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

appledrop wrote: »
    Its 8 degrees out there. Shorts are you mad you will get hypothermia!

No I won't, that's what hairy legs are good for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

No I won't, that's what hairy legs are good for :D

I too am hairy legged and wearing shorts
    Was expecting it to be colder

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Still about 11/12 degrees in Cork City but feels a bit colder but the wind had died down. I swear we have a different weather system down here sometimes :p

I'm near the lough myself.

Reckon north cork is about 3 weeks behind in growing season on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭esposito

km79 wrote: »
    I too am hairy legged and wearing shorts
    Was expecting it to be colder

Where are you, the south or west ?

In the east it is much colder with significant windchill, hence the “are you mad to be in shorts” comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

esposito wrote: »

In the east it is much colder with significant windchill, hence the “are you mad to be in shorts” comments.

South mayo

esposito wrote: »

Aye wind in the east is stronger because its directly off the sea and colder because it's not travelling over land to get here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Not a cloud in the sky here in Castlebar. Perhaps a touch of frost later if the breeze eases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Lovely day in Donegal, barely a cloud in the sky all afternoon. Shame about the wind but considering the forecast it's been a far better day than I expected

Hard walking into that wind tonight very blustery and cold. Didn’t see any one wearing shorts just coats and hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hard walking into that wind tonight very blustery and cold. Didn’t see any one wearing shorts just coats and hats.

I left the house in shorts and t shirt a few mins ago, wasn't long running back in, that wind (East Clare)would cut you in two.

Nice bright but cold morning real sting in the breeze but not as blustery as yesterday and a lot brighter. Hopefully it warms up as the week progresses.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lovely sunny day but the chill is still very real, especially with that wind. However blue skies and sunshine makes it overall a much nicer day than yesterday. It should warm up very gradually as the week goes on, temperatures possibly reaching 16C or 17C by the weekend in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Does anyone know how the sun works when it comes to your skin - if I were to lay outside in 10c or whatever it is now, would I get the same colour as if I was lying in the 19c on Saturday?
    I mean it should be the same right, as the sun is equally as strong because of the time of the year?

Currently 8.7c on a sunny mid may afternoon in Arklow ,NE gusting 40kmh
    Quite Baltic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Cold and sunny in Dublin 5. I didn't think I'd use this combination of words at this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lovely day in cork city. Sunny and about 12 degrees. The wind is chilly but when it does down it's nice and warm, just back from a walk and was warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Hooter23

In the sun and out of the wind its as good as any of the warmer days we have had...

Advertisement