Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

It's the best spring I can remember going back to the 1990s. Has there been a spring as good ever in living memory? I thing there was about 3 days of rain in the last 4 to 6 weeks. Based on Dublin here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

One of the sunniest in Sligo. Though we have had a few recently. Generally April and May good in the West then it goes downhill though if your lucky you get a week in June at the start when its roasting but thereafter if rains every single day.

Today not very sunny but this evening will be and 17c again. 8 on Sunday though so be warned

Heres the temperatures for Sligo next 4 days

Today 17c
    Tomorrow 18c
    Saturday 21c
    Sunday 8c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Sun splitting the skies in Dublin this afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Sun breaking through here at last still that annoying breeze but things looking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Sun! Everyone emerging out of doors for the first time in days here. Lots of over 70s out enjoying their first walk in 6 weeks. It's been a long week to date... garden not far off flooded but hopefully will dry out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Sun splitting the skies in Dublin this afternoon

Totally overcast here, it came out for a little bit a while ago but mostly cloudy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very cloudy here in Meath, had a few minutes of sunshine around noon but nothing since, feeling warm despite the very dull conditions. 16C, would have been a few degrees higher if we had decent sunny spells.

Totally overcast here, it came out for a little bit a while ago but mostly cloudy.

Spoke too soon, more cloudy now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautiful day in Kerry, got up to 19.3C at my site , Shannon got up to 18.3C , Kerry 18C rounded so my site probably reading a bit high due to it becoming increasingly sheltered. Nice drop of rain overnight and an early morning shower gave a total of 3mm, balmy early on under the cloud but as it cleared humidity dropped off and sunshine felt warm. It felt like summer here late afternoon, opened the car at 16.30 to be met with a gush of warm air, first time this year needing to air the car before getting in. Some nice lenticulars about in the afternoon.

Ratoo Round tower , Ballyduff at 14.00 approx

UuNYino.jpg?1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Field of cereal of some sort coming on under the plentiful sunshine today in Ballyfduff, Co. Kerry

fU19fy0.jpg?2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Beautiful day in Kerry, got up to 19.3C at my site , Shannon got up to 18.3C , Kerry 18C rounded so my site probably reading a bit high due to it becoming increasingly sheltered. Nice drop of rain overnight and an early morning shower gave a total of 3mm, balmy early on under the cloud but as it cleared humidity dropped off and sunshine felt warm. It felt like summer here late afternoon, opened the car at 16.30 to be met with a gush of warm air, first time this year needing to air the car before getting in. Some nice lenticulars about in the afternoon.

Ratoo Round tower , Ballyduff at 14.00 approx

UuNYino.jpg?1

Saw the benefits of that rain in the garden today. Ground still dry though.
    My weather station didn't show any rain last night but I heard it, so it happened.
    Must figure out how to get to ratoo when this is all over.

Saw the benefits of that rain in the garden today. Ground still dry though.
    My weather station didn't show any rain last night but I heard it, so it happened.
    Must figure out how to get to ratoo when this is all over.

Ratoo is a left turn just outside Ballyduff on the Tralee road side. Nice spot to have lunch, great open countryside views.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Not a bad day in Donegal considering the forecast, seemed to be rain overnight as surfaces were wet this morning but turned into a nice enough day, mild and calm with a few sunny spells and a lovely bright full moon after dark. Threatened to rain a few times but managed to stay dry all day again

Stunning morning in Dublin 5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

I think this is going to be the best day of the year so far in Dublin.

Beautiful morning and forecast is saying it could get up to 20 degrees. Watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

Ditto in North Kildare. Easily the nicest morning of the year so far. Flat calm, wall to wall deep blue skies, probably the most perfect temperature regarding comfort. This is just heaven!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Cloud. Cloud. And more cloud in cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

appledrop wrote: »
    I think this is going to be the best day of the year so far in Dublin.

Beautiful morning and forecast is saying it could get up to 20 degrees. Watch this space!

Thanks for that,my office is like a greenhouse :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fantastic morning here in Meath too, 16C across many areas reported by 10am. Today and tomorrow has the potential to be the warmest days of the year so far in many areas with 20C or 21C possible in many places and no easterly breezes to shave 5 or 6C off the temperatures!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭snowgal

yes fantastic start to the day here in Meath! Just gone a little cloudy here near Trim but Im hoping that'll pass soon... god the good weather helps so much....Happy Friday people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Ah thought it would brighten up today after it started to yesterday but nope more cloud in cork city :( about 11/12 degrees at the moment but at least it's dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

Warm in the west 16c but cloudy. And cloudy all over Ulster and Connacht. Met Eireann dont mention this. They say Dry and Sunny with isolated showers

When they wake up they'll say the above but add in cloudier periods in Connacht and Ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

pauldry wrote: »
    Warm in the west 16c but cloudy. And cloudy all over Ulster and Connacht. Met Eireann dont mention this. They say Dry and Sunny with isolated showers

When they wake up they'll say the above but add in cloudier periods in Connacht and Ulster

In my opinion cloud cover on settled days is the thing ME struggles the most with. We've been lucky in the East all spring with an insane number of cloudless days with gin blue skies. However last year I lost count of the number of days in June and July that were forecast, even the night before, as being sunny but turned out cloudy in Dublin at least. I'm surprised we've been so lucky as usually mist and fog ruins things on the coast at least some of the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Sky this morning

18 degrees at Phoenix Park at 1pm, Dublin looks like it may hit 20 today

was lovely and sunny here in Meath up to an hour ago, completely cloudy now. Can still see a narrow stripe of solid blue all down the east coast, looking to my east. Hopefully the clouds will break again soon.

On the verge of hitting 20 degrees in the midlands now

Clouds starting to break in cork city and when the sun's out it's lovely and warm. Finally getting a taste of what ye have been having!

sun trying to break through here again Meath, temperatures very close to 20C. Today is possibly the warmest day of the year so far with my record from 11th of April now beaten. It's possible we could hit 21C tomorrow if we get lucky with sunshine, and on Sunday we will be lucky to reach 11C!

• Advertisement

16, nearly 17 degrees in cork city now. Warmest day we've had for a while.

Advertisement