Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Good be wrong but I think its the first time since 1977 that Dublin have won 9 all stars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

For all the fanboys of John Connellan he does not like to be challenged, I posted that he was ill prepared for his debate with Pat Teehan. Nothing more, he’s obviously a very sensitive character as the attached was his responses. He is very much a person who is incapable of accepting poor preparation as a critique. Cheers John, you have just confirmed your inability to debate. Poor reflection on you personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭MFPM

ArielAtom wrote: »
    For all the fanboys of John Connellan he does not like to be challenged, I posted that he was ill prepared for his debate with Pat Teehan. Nothing more, he’s obviously a very sensitive character as the attached was his responses. He is very much a person who is incapable of accepting poor preparation as a critique. Cheers John, you have just confirmed your inability to debate. Poor reflection on you personally.

In fairness to the guy, he's raising legitimate questions and there is no doubt that changes are needed in the funding structure. I say this as a Dublin fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

MFPM wrote: »
    In fairness to the guy, he's raising legitimate questions and there is no doubt that changes are needed in the funding structure. I say this as a Dublin fan.

My problem is not with his subject matter, there is a thread for discussing that. Mine is with his poor preparation and using out of date figures. PPPPPP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Well deserved for Fenton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭AhhHere

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Well deserved for Fenton.

Spoke very well. Lucky to have him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,376 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I find the all stars all very predictable to be honest. All you have to do is think logically and politically. I have not cared about them for years, you can see the thinking that goes into it and it is not always the most deserved player that wins it. Or even in the proper position.

Funny part is when Dublin were in the doldrums. When they were struggling to win Leinster. I was delighted if any Dublin player got an all star. Because I viewed it as some sort of 'hope'. So I can see it from that point of view as well.

I will have forgotten who was an all star by the time the league rolls around again, to be honest.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I remember during the lean times wondering if we might get even one nomination to give me some hope of light at the end of the tunnel .When we started winning I had little interest thinking sure they are no big deal its a team game and individual honours meant little .

It always means more to the teams that don't win an All-Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

For the memories: This weekend last year was my last time at a league match. Away to Tyrone in the hail and snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Fann Linn wrote: »
    For the memories: This weekend last year was my last time at a league match. Away to Tyrone in the hail and snow.

How that game went ahead I'll never know!

The ball was blown off the pitch more then once haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

Fann Linn wrote: »

Jaysus. We were in Castlebar for the Kerry game that was postponed on Saturday and played on the Sunday. Had a great night in castlebar, watching Tyrone v Dublin next to a roaring fire with lovely pints of Guinness, remember pints? Seems a lifetime ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Really miss the league. Always had the hotels booked as soon as the fixtures came out and enjoyed the craic on the road with the supporters of all teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

How that game went ahead I'll never know!

The ball was blown off the pitch more then once haha.

Remember seeing one of the hoardings going flying. If anyone was in the path of it they’d he chopped in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

Brian Fenton currently working in Killarney (so well within his 5k here before anyone mentions it) and great to see him giving the lads a hand with their "virtual parade". Mighty craic, fair play to him.

"Have you won anything?" And he just starts laughing :pac: brilliant.

https://twitter.com/Looneytours/status/1372205663242321925?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

dobman88 wrote: »
    Brian Fenton currently working in Killarney (so well within his 5k here before anyone mentions it) and great to see him giving the lads a hand with their "virtual parade". Mighty craic, fair play to him.

"Have you won anything?" And he just starts laughing :pac: brilliant.

https://twitter.com/Looneytours/status/1372205663242321925?s=19

his parents are from Kerry aren't they... explains the football pedigree..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,376 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

gourcuff wrote: »
    his parents are from Kerry aren't they... explains the football pedigree..

Sure isn't Kerry more of hurling county these days? ;)

More all-stars for hurling than football for Kerry this year!

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/antrim-kerry-dominate-joe-mcdonagh-stars-champions-15-named-224506

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭ooter

Good 2 page article/interview with pat Gilroy in last night's herald.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Is this training session true or a wind up given the day that's in it if true very poor form no way would they have got away with it .

Is this training session true or a wind up given the day that's in it if true very poor form no way would they have got away with it .

It's true, pictures are there. Very poor form and threatens the return of the league and championship. So much for being humble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Joekers

I'd imagine it's not the first session ..hence the journo lying in wait.

Probably going on up and down the country aswell.

• Advertisement

May be going on in various form here and there but no excuse and surely they would know that it would be reported .We have no shortage of criticism and this makes us look pretty bad in my opinion very disappointing .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Is it an April fools? I find it hard to believe Dublin as profess as they are, would be that stupid?

Did they confirm any specific individuals? Didn’t see any names in the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Did they confirm any specific individuals? Didn’t see any names in the article.

Heard Fenton mentioned on Radio (TodayFM)

Fenton and Small mentioned on radio hope it's a prank haven't seen any photos yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

If this is April fools it is in very very poor taste. People are sick sh!t of Covid and restrictions etc. But a county team to be at that? Seriously?! FFS.

Either it’s very slow breaking or there’s not as much too it. The whole country would be absolutely giddy with delight if it was that clear cut.

That said, if it’s a joke it’s a very tasteless one.

• Advertisement

The giddiness is ramping up even in the last 10 minutes. This is going to be huge.

Advertisement