Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Slattsy wrote: »
    Not on Twitter so cant see what he's saying. Is he crying?

Lets say he's starting to ramp up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

They should swear in a jury consisting of all mayo people

No shortage of counties looking for that gig, Tyrone would love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Loving the faux outrage already, glorious. Has MacKenna been triggered yet?

So do you approve of them breaking the regulations?

So do you approve of them breaking the regulations?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Cork and Down managers got suspensions, the GAA can’t really kick the can down the road with this.
    It is a real disgrace to Dublin. It’s an organised breaking of the Covid regulations,. I’d say there are few people who have never broken any regulations by this stage, but a group of people conspiring to break the rules is obviously much worse. It leaves a really bad taste. Totally unnecessary.
    And what they have done is dangerous. Covid got into my home at Christmas even though we kept within the regulations at the time. It surprised me how contagious it is, spreads very easily and quickly.
    If Farrell knew about it he should be compelled to resign, same for any county board officials. Disgrace.

• Advertisement

Cork and Down managers got suspensions, the GAA can’t really kick the can down the road with this.
    It is a real disgrace to Dublin. It’s an organised breaking of the Covid regulations,. I’d say there are few people who have never broken any regulations by this stage, but a group of people conspiring to break the rules is obviously much worse. It leaves a really bad taste. Totally unnecessary.
    And what they have done is dangerous. Covid got into my home at Christmas even though we kept within the regulations at the time. It surprised me how contagious it is, spreads very easily and quickly.
    If Farrell knew about it he should be compelled to resign, same for any county board officials. Disgrace.

And why not strip them of their All Irelands and publicly flog the players on O'Connell St.

What they did was stupid and wrong and they will be punished. But we need to keep some perspective

I like this one, 7/10 for outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

ShyMets wrote: »
    And why not strip them of their All Irelands and publicly flog the players on O'Connell St.

What they did was stupid and wrong and they will be punished. But we need to keep some perspective

I think the players involved should be made spend all next winter in belmullet.

You’re attempting to make a laugh out of people who are angry about this by putting words in their mouths. It was wrong as you say, but I’d suggest it was irresponsible rather than stupid.

I think the players involved should be made spend all next winter in belmullet.

Steady on:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I believe it, I just don't care...

Worse going on up and down the country.

This threatening the return line is such BS, there would be more risk from players working /with kids in school.

Worse going on down the country?

Have you details?

Go ahead and spill them.

Otherwise your point is just a soundbite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭billyhead

So who was the photographer? The whole thing is a storm in a teacup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Thanks Billy Ocean, you must be in your 70's now? Great to see you on boards. Cant say I'm a fan but i like some of your stuff.
    I couldn't care any less what you've to say in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭dixiefly

No, you cant do that - they were won fair and square.

But, I would suspend all of them for six months from the start of competitive action.

It cannot be one rule for some and a totally different rule for others.

You’re attempting to make a laugh out of people who are angry about this by putting words in their mouths. It was wrong as you say, but I’d suggest it was irresponsible rather than stupid.

Not making a laugh out of it. But people with other agendas are going to use this a stick to beat Dublin with.

You mentioned Dessie Farrall should resign if he knew about this. Did you have the same level of outrage when Down and Cork broke the rules. Did you go to those GAA forums and demand the resignations of those managers

Your myopia is reaching new depths today Slattsy if you can't see why some would be upset over this. Its been a long year of people caged up and now you have organised squad training by the ALL Ireland champions. A real kick in the teeth for those that had to put themselves in danger.

Ah come on, there's drama and then there's some of the stuff i'm seeing already. And its still early. They'll get what ever is coming, and rightly so, they broke the rules, but lets not go over the top either.

Ah come on, there's drama and then there's some of the stuff i'm seeing already. And its still early. They'll get what ever is coming, and rightly so, they broke the rules, but lets not go over the top either.

There the champions, every other team and underage team see them as an example. Of all teams to do this, they should of been the last. They were probably the last team that needed to do this.

dixiefly wrote: »
    No, you cant do that - they were won fair and square.

But, I would suspend all of them for six months from the start of competitive action.

It cannot be one rule for some and a totally different rule for others.

Were the Cork and Down players suspended for that length of time

There the champions, every other team and underage team see them as an example. Of all teams to do this, they should of been the last.

I'm not condoning and i agree. They'll get whats coming to them and they'll have to suck it up. They were the silly ones that got caught.

I couldn't care any less what you've to say in all fairness.

x

• Advertisement

Not making a laugh out of it. But people with other agendas are going to use this a stick to beat Dublin with.

You mentioned Dessie Farrall should resign if he knew about this. Did you have the same level of outrage when Down and Cork broke the rules. Did you go to those GAA forums and demand the resignations of those managers

You absolutely were. You are right that people with other agendas will use it as a stick to beat Dublin with, fully agree with you. But it is still a disgraceful thing to do.
    Of course McCarthy and Tally should have resigned, I didn't post on boards about them, but they definitely should have gone.
    Genuine question, do you think Farrell's position is tenable if he was aware collective training was being organised in spite of the Covid regulations?

You absolutely were. You are right that people with other agendas will use it as a stick to beat Dublin with, fully agree with you. But it is still a disgraceful thing to do.
    Of course McCarthy and Tally should have resigned, I didn't post on boards about them, but they definitely should have gone.
    Genuine question, do you think Farrell's position is tenable if he was aware collective training was being organised in spite of the Covid regulations?

:D

So much talk of humility in the Dublin squad. That no one is exceptional.

This behaviour flies in the face of that, a real attack on the ethos. And with the numbers in their areas!!

If Jim was still here he'd give them road by lunchtime, for the entire year.

:D

Morning Dessie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Somewhere in some dark cave, McKenna is orgasming over this

If Farrall sanctioned the session then he should step down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

"The Irish Independent observed players arriving before first light for the session which was overseen by a coach."

This is the killer, if it was just the lads themselves doing a bit of training and kicking it wouldn't be a massive issue for me. In 2's and 3's would've been grand but 5 or 6 is too big a group and with a coach makes it an organised training session breaking the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

For the day thats in it, has this been verified at all and is it a stupid joke

Like why would the Irish Independent be at Innisfails at first light to observe this

kilns wrote: »
    For the day thats in it, has this been verified at all and is it a stupid joke

Like why would the Irish Independent be at Innisfails at first light to observe this

If it is a joke then its in poor taste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

Loving the faux outrage already, glorious. Has MacKenna been triggered yet?

It seems you have been triggered by him and before him.

Advertisement