Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

kilns wrote: »
    For the day thats in it, has this been verified at all and is it a stupid joke

Like why would the Irish Independent be at Innisfails at first light to observe this

Maybe its a regular occurrence and they got a tip off, who knows ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Winterstale

A bit careless alright.
    Up the Dubs. I'd say that photographer is a classy individual no doubt. Really making a positive contribution to our lives.
    The snowflakes are out in force I see. "I'm disgusted, rage, rage, I'm offended blah blah blah" the usual stuff.

7 in a row just got even more attractive for the Dubs. A master stroke. This will create a siege mentality in the camp - everyone is against us. Nice bit of extra motivation if it were needed. Thank you Independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Like why would the Irish Independent be at Innisfails at first light to observe this

It's true. Loving the whole, "ah tis only a joke lads" angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

A bit careless alright.
    Up the Dubs. I'd say that photographer is a classy individual no doubt. Really making a positive contribution to our lives.
    The snowflakes are out in force I see. "I'm disgusted, rage, rage, I'm offended blah blah blah" the usual stuff.

7 in a row just got even more attractive for the Dubs. A master stroke. This will create a siege mentality in the camp - everyone is against us. Nice bit of extra motivation if it were needed. Thank you Independent.

That's kind of sad. Dubs ignoring the rules and you think it's grand. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

A bit careless alright.

Speaking of classy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think that Dublin should forfeit their place in the champo, and it should be given to the next highest ranked team in Leinster, i.e. Wicklow.

A bit careless alright.

If it's true, the word for gaining a competitive advantage by using illegal means is called "cheating".

I think you'll find, far from "rage, rage, I'm offended", the thought that the Dublin team would go down as the most successful cheats would provoke "laughter, laughter, I'm delighted"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's true. Loving the whole, "ah tis only a joke lads" angle.

Thats what i am asking, is there proof its true?

In a way i hope its not a joke as if it was it would do more damage than if it wasnt

The faux outrage is a bit much though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Thats what i am asking, is there proof its true?

In a way i hope its not a joke as if it was it would do more damage than if it wasnt

The faux outrage is a bit much though

If it was an April Fools joke you would have thought the Dublin County Board would be out by now saying it didn't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dk1982

A bit careless alright.

Always find it funny that the people who go around shouting "snowflake" "im offended blah blah" "you can't say naffin these days" "triggered" are the most easily offended people on the planet. The likes of you all hot under your collar now over people's genuine anger at this

• Advertisement

dk1982 wrote: »
    The likes of you all hot in your collar now over people's genuine anger at this

Again, hands up, as a Kerryman, I'm delighted.

Why be angry? The thought of being able to spend years following up every reference to the Dublin success by saying "...but they were caught cheating", it's a Godsend!

In fairness, that can't really start unless and until the story is confirmed.

I'm still expecting it to be an April Fools joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 B65team

Absolute eejits.

Didn't they think that there would be eagle eyes watching out for something like this? It probably has been going on for a while which is why the photographer was there. Those not interested in GAA and seeing the GAA as privileged and "always getting special treatment" will love all of this and scream for repercussions.

And the pitch being down a quiet cul-de-sac was chosen for a reason (I know it's where they train sometimes!), but what a bunch of clowns.

largepants wrote: »

TBH, so am I.

It is just too good to be real.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Its definitely real, embrace it lads. Now is your time to shine.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That's kind of sad. Dubs ignoring the rules and you think it's grand. Sad.

I'm not sad. Don't be sad. Nothing to be sad about.

Speaking of classy.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

I'm not sad. Don't be sad. Nothing to be sad about.

You think stuff like this helps or hurts calls to get the GAA back at county and club level ?

There is something iffy about this, in that if you see the pictures taken, if you know Innisfails the person taking the pictures would have been in clear sight of the players as it would have been on the "open side" of the ground

And the Independent drop the story at 2.30am on April 1st and the writer is the group head of news for the group...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Obviously not the first time that they have trained and I guess the jorno got wind of these meet ups

• Advertisement

dk1982 wrote: »
    Always find it funny that the people who go around shouting "snowflake" "im offended blah blah" "you can't say naffin these days" "triggered" are the most easily offended people on the planet. The likes of you all hot under your collar now over people's genuine anger at this

I'm not hot under the collar, merely giving my view as we are all entitled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Will it be on the liveline today ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Dr. Bre wrote: »

We can only hope

Dr. Bre wrote: »

CNN will be reporting it at this stage. Hopefully Wolf breaks it to the nation, he's my favourite.

Slattsy wrote: »
    CNN will be reporting it at this stage. Hopefully Wolf breaks it to the nation, he's my favourite.

No way it has be Donie!

No way can this be true.

Didn't they sweep out the dressing room only last year?

I'm still surprised they have not set up a standalone thread in the forum to vent their anger and show how outraged they really are. Some are probably still in bed to be fair, so there's time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,324 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Surprised they didn't also announce extra funding for Dublin. Maybe Biden will throw them some of that stimulus money

People on this thread are angry it is being discussed at all and seem to see any discussion as an overreaction and launch into hyperbole

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'm still surprised they have not set up a standalone thread in the forum to vent their anger and show how outraged they really are. Some are probably still in bed to be fair, so there's time yet.

Me thinks you doth not protest too much.

In reality this has you really rattled.

Advertisement