Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,808 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We conceded a point there but we were denied a clear and obvious free the other end, should be four up thanks ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

When Murchan puts the burners on like a mini Usain Bolt all i can see is the Kerry net bulging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Hurry on hurling.

This is awful stuff to watch. galway mostly to blame.

Brilliant score, must have been about 25 passes in the leadup, good smart, patient and decisive football.

Galway look very tired all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Love watch Ciaran Kilkenny play !

• Advertisement

Our game management going down the stretch is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

robbiezero wrote: »
    Hurry on hurling.

This is awful stuff to watch. galway mostly to blame.

Its a league game with nothing to play for, a short time before Championship.

Dublin are absolutely right to kill this game, and exert as little effort as possible

Love watch Ciaran Kilkenny play !

Simply untouchable!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Its a league game with nothing to play for, a short time before Championship.

Dublin are absolutely right to kill this game, and exert as little effort as possible

Absolutely. Fair play to them. Hard watching for the neutral. Galway probably happy to lose by a few points.

That looked wide

• Advertisement

Deano! Deano!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭MFPM

Where's Paul Mannion, is he injured, he hasn't featured in either squad?

Two Big Macs coming off the bench. Philly and Kev!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

This will be a a good win. Always feel Galway are a team that could have an AI in them one day and relegation candidates the next. You never know what's going to happen with them.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Never a free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Shoulder to the head, classy stuff

Jesus haha huge slice of luck but we’ll take it, game over.

Only Con would think of playing a one-two with the post like that. Quality.

Pity there was nothing to play for today but apart from obvious little issues much better today. In fairness the league was there to be won. We dropped some very silly points. Kerry look the favourites for the championship I think there's a lot of obvious changes in the Dublin panel and staff Kerry will benefit from last year.

Will be a weird championship one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭MFPM

Nice to get the win!

• Advertisement

Solid win. I said we'd put 10 points on Galway in the second half. We only put 8 on them so plenty to work on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

Pity there was nothing to play for today but apart from obvious little issues much better today. In fairness the league was there to be won. We dropped some very silly points. Kerry look the favourites for the championship I think there's a lot of obvious changes in the Dublin panel and staff Kerry will benefit from last year.

Will be a weird championship one way or another.

There's been very little competitive football played (obviously)
    Teams that progress in the championship and get a few matches under
    their belt will improve in sharpness and we'll see a truer picture of where
    everyone stands.

Nexytus wrote: »
    There's been very little competitive football played (obviously)
    Teams that progress in the championship and get a few matches under
    their belt will improve in sharpness and we'll see a truer picture of where
    everyone stands.

True but I think there's a lot of changes in that Dublin setup and this season will catch them out I hope I'm wrong but from what I've seen I dunno!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Pretty average performance against a poor team.

Quick look on Galway thread and i see Philly being called a tramp that will never change. One of the best corner backs in the country for 10 years or more. Five or 6 All Ireland's. And more importantly a brilliant man off the pitch. Yea lets hope he never changes. A class act.

Thought the Galway half backs were impressive today. They stifled a number of Dublin attacks from getting up and running. They visibly tired after about an hour of play though such was the effort required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭MfMan

Quick look on Galway thread and i see Philly being called a tramp that will never change. One of the best corner backs in the country for 10 years or more. Five or 6 All Ireland's. And more importantly a brilliant man off the pitch. Yea lets hope he never changes. A class act.

Never change what? A finger in the eye followed by a fist in the mouth the blindside of the referee. Nothing wrong with being classy on the field either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Strumms wrote: »
    Thought the Galway half backs were impressive today. They stifled a number of Dublin attacks from getting up and running. They visibly tired after about an hour of play though such was the effort required.

Yeah, I got the impression Dublin were just waiting until Galway tired, and could afford to be patient. Something only a team with confidence and a winning mentality can do - I suppose it is GAA muscle memory at this stage.

Like others though, I definitely feel Dublin are dipping overall.
    Hopefully if all goes to plan Dublin will play Kerry in the AI again this year.
    Would love to see if muscle memory would be enough to fend off that Kerry crowd. Weather will probably be manky as well so that will be another variable.

The result would have a major impact on how I enjoy my Turkey.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

MfMan wrote: »
    Never change what? A finger in the eye followed by a fist in the mouth the blindside of the referee. Nothing wrong with being classy on the field either.

Quote on Galway thread 'Philly is a tramp that will never change'. I thought he was lucky not to see yellow for a wild swing but to call the man that is out of order. He's rarely been sent off in his long career. Sails close to the wind at times but plays it hard and fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭howiya

CatInABox wrote: »
    Not too bizarre. The amount of walkovers going on is unbelievable. Some teams are so fearful of getting locked down by a positive test and not being able to field a team. I'm surprised they're allowing players out of their houses at all, to be honest.

Well that certainly wasn't Kennys train of thought. Laois had challenge games. Granted they've a bigger pool of potential opponents. Some football teams had challenge games in the lead up to the league restarting.

Advertisement