Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

howiya wrote: »
    No the two lads just have the same name

Thanks! Thought it was strange alright 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Is there any option to turnoff the crowd noise on Virgin? I know you can turn it off if you have a sky box

How do you do that on the sky box?

Can’t see any way to do it on Virgin. Ended up switching to Now TV anyway as the picture is awful on Mix on Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 august2016

How do you do that on the sky box?

Press the help button and turn audio description on to get rid of it on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Didn't realise this was on telly. Watched the Chelsea match. It was awful. 90 mins of my life I'll never get back.

Looks comfortable from what I could see online.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Put them away safely enough in the end, but I can't help feel that Laois were in the game for far too long. Should really be putting them away earlier, not giving them the chance to come back again and again.

Lol at Mattie shouting at them from the sidelines, telling them how many tackles they've got, and how many he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭threeball

Slattsy wrote: »
    Didn't realise this was on telly. Watched the Chelsea match. It was awful. 90 mins of my life I'll never get back.

Looks comfortable from what I could see online.

They were very poor. KK will slaughter them if they play like that next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

threeball wrote: »
    They were very poor. KK will slaughter them if they play like that next week.

Wouldnt say they were very poor, Laois were at nothing tonight, KK be a different prospect and I suspect all our old failings will be on display next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭threeball

Bambi wrote: »
    Wouldnt say they were very poor, Laois were at nothing tonight, KK be a different prospect and I suspect all our old failings will be on display next week

They could barely shake off a Laois team that were completely rudderless and missed about a dozen frees. They were taking 3 and 4 touches to control the ball. More than one against kilkenny and they won't get a chance at the second touch. Only 5 up front and even then the ball in was crap. I'm sticking with very poor. Kenny is a bit of a one trick pony tactically too and everyone knows that trick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Good to see championship hurling back on our screens. I though Laois were out of their depth. They ambushed us last year but we've dished out a couple of trimmings to them since. Leinster championship has four strong teams and one (Carlow/Laois) that will never win it or get out of the round robin. I'm not sure they really add anything to the Leinster championship. A shock win every decade or so is not a great watch but it is what it is.

Thought we played well in patches and the run out will be beneficial against Kilkenny. I also liked the fake crowd noise even though it was a little mistimed at stages.

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    They could barely shake off a Laois team that were completely rudderless and missed about a dozen frees. They were taking 3 and 4 touches to control the ball. More than one against kilkenny and they won't get a chance at the second touch. Only 5 up front and even then the ball in was crap. I'm sticking with very poor. Kenny is a bit of a one trick pony tactically too and everyone knows that trick now.

I thought their touch had generally improved since earlier this year, they just took too much out of the ball at times which KK will punish no matter what shape they're in. Same with the soft frees. Not enamoured with Kenny myself, very slow to make changes, which means he's either not great at reading the game or he feels he has no options

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭howiya

I thought their touch had generally improved since earlier this year, they just took too much out of the ball at times which KK will punish no matter what shape they're in. Same with the soft frees. Not enamoured with Kenny myself, very slow to make changes, which means he's either not great at reading the game or he feels he has no options

I think you're right to say our touch has improved compared to what was on show during the league. Unfortunately it's still not at the required standard. Hopefully the run out helps. Was bizarre to hear in the coverage last night that they were struggling to get challenge games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Was bizarre to hear in the coverage last night that they were struggling to get challenge games.

Not too bizarre. The amount of walkovers going on is unbelievable. Some teams are so fearful of getting locked down by a positive test and not being able to field a team. I'm surprised they're allowing players out of their houses at all, to be honest.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Not too bizarre. The amount of walkovers going on is unbelievable. Some teams are so fearful of getting locked down by a positive test and not being able to field a team. I'm surprised they're allowing players out of their houses at all, to be honest.

I think it would be more bizarre if there was challenge games going ahead under the crazy circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

Good to see championship hurling back on our screens. I though Laois were out of their depth. They ambushed us last year but we've dished out a couple of trimmings to them since. Leinster championship has four strong teams and one (Carlow/Laois) that will never win it or get out of the round robin. I'm not sure they really add anything to the Leinster championship. A shock win every decade or so is not a great watch but it is what it is.

Thought we played well in patches and the run out will be beneficial against Kilkenny. I also liked the fake crowd noise even though it was a little mistimed at stages.

6 teams from next year. Laois were down a few key players from 2019 and they only have a small number of clubs to pick from. I don't think it would go down well if Leinster reduced the number of teams again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Scrappy start here for Dublin weather not helping fairly strong wind .

6 teams from next year. Laois were down a few key players from 2019 and they only have a small number of clubs to pick from. I don't think it would go down well if Leinster reduced the number of teams again.

Yea its hard to know what to do. My issue is the advantage the top Leinster counties have as opposed to their Munster counterparts. No offence to Laois or Carlow but there's no 'handy' matches in Munster and its harder to get out of their round robin as a result. As much as Laois/Carlow seem to improve their still a long way off challenging at this elite level. Not exactly fair across the board but when has it ever been fair in the GAA?

Scrappy start here for Dublin weather not helping fairly strong wind .

Galway with everyone behind the ball and persistently fouling, great to see Chocolate Jim McGuinness back involved in the game :o

Maybe if Jim McGuinness did another session with Galway this week they'll improve on last weeks showing and only lose by 14 points today.

Galway with everyone behind the ball and persistently fouling, great to see Chocolate Jim McGuinness back involved in the game :o

Ya Dublin having to do everything at slower more built-up pace. Galway not afraid to kick from distance where as Dublin seem to be trying to walk it in at times.

• Advertisement

Looks a strong wind favouring Galway in this half. Typical Salthill gale. Worth a few points. I can see Dublin putting 10 points on Galway in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Must be some wind there.

Some nice long range scores in this.

Howard donning a wicked moustache.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭MFPM

The wind seems to be a big factor but Dublin are sloppy in position, kicked away a few balls and they've been caught in position a few times.

Dublin looking much better actually then did against Meath.

Kilkenny controlling the game in our forward line. Nothing new there. The consistency he displays is outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Do you watch what Dublin are doing at all no? Exact same.

Cluxtons kicking has been very bad at times.

Where giving away the ball unnecessarily far to often should be ahead with amount of ball we have had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

Yea its hard to know what to do. My issue is the advantage the top Leinster counties have as opposed to their Munster counterparts. No offence to Laois or Carlow but there's no 'handy' matches in Munster and its harder to get out of their round robin as a result. As much as Laois/Carlow seem to improve their still a long way off challenging at this elite level. Not exactly fair across the board but when has it ever been fair in the GAA?

Well they've just duplicated the League for the championship. Switching the League to two groups of equal strength was opposed by the weaker counties. Hurling in these counties is mostly played by small rural clubs whereas the top counties have a mix of rural clubs and big town/city clubs.

Advertisement