Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

MFPM wrote: »
    Meath back in this, Keoghen is causing Dublin a fair bit of trouble.

Dublin have lost there heads after a very good start.

They haven't looked great at the back and are making silly fouls giving away frees.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

As an outsider watching, why does John Small always have to get involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭MFPM

He's a frustrating player, talented no doubt but he plays on the edge far too much.

Dublin have really dropped off here compared to how they started .

Dublin need to wake **** up here. Some really sloppy play no excuses.

• Advertisement

This is really sloppy by Dublin....It's a relegated Meath putting it up to them.

Thank God for Dean Rock tonight.

Dunno what to make of that really. Basically how I've felt about Dublin this season so far there's a lot of work to be done.

Obviously it's been a crazy stop start year and we haven't seen a full strength side out there yet but I haven't been massively impressed with Dessie Farrells Dublin overall so far. Surely things can only get better. Hopefully ha .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Couldn't get a stream for the match, having to keep up on live updates.

Sounds like we were sloppy tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

We shipped way too many scores and Dessie started a couple who have never quite made the grade in previous years .One more game before the champo is due to start and if it does we have a lot to do I know dessie is in a no win situation but the signs look a bit shakey to me at this point hope i am proven totally wrong of course .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

We shipped way too many scores and Dessie started a couple who have never quite made the grade in previous years .One more game before the champo is due to start and if it does we have a lot to do I know dessie is in a no win situation but the signs look a bit shakey to me at this point hope i am proven totally wrong of course .

It is a very dicey situation this year. Matches played on heavy pitches in November and December - no wonder Jack opted out, his body wouldn't handle it.

Added to that, only six matches from now to winning All-Ireland, equivalent to heading to Leinster final in a normal year.

Dunno what to make of that really. Basically how I've felt about Dublin this season so far there's a lot of work to be done.

Obviously it's been a crazy stop start year and we haven't seen a full strength side out there yet but I haven't been massively impressed with Dessie Farrells Dublin overall so far. Surely things can only get better. Hopefully ha .

I agree, I've yet to be sold on DF, he's obviously trying to deepen the squad and get some new players but it's difficult to make a team gel when there's so many changes. They've yet to put in a 70 minute performance under Farrel.

Ya it's crazy and it's impossible to know what's ahead this year for so many reasons.

Hope Cooper is alright where looking ropey at the back losing Cooper after Jack leaving would be a high blow that I think will cost us against the bigger team's.

I mean look how much Meath left behind tonight they could of easily had 3 goals and plenty more points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Sam is coming out of the capital :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Sam is coming out of the capital :D:D

Why was it just under level 3 restrictions for five years? ;)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

John needs to avoid getting involved in needless spats. Lucky to avoid a second yellow card for challenge on Menton but don't know why received a yellow card earlier in game when he was punched and thrown to the ground by 2 Meath players. Referee seemed to miss Cillian O'Sullivan kicking out at Small too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,808 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Gael85 wrote: »
    John needs to avoid getting involved in needless spats. Lucky to avoid a second yellow card for challenge on Menton but don't know why received a yellow card earlier in game when he was punched and thrown to the ground by 2 Meath players. Referee seemed to miss Cillian O'Sullivan kicking out at Small too.

Referee missed a lot that he was seemingly in a prime position to see. The majority of which perpetrated by Meath men, some off the ball stuff too in fairness but he wasn’t the only man in black out there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Biggest concern last night was the amount of man buns on show, and on a serious note there seemed to be a number of lads who didn't look particularly well conditioned.. it had all the looks of an early season challenge game, which is exactly what the IC season this year imo.. just call it the All Ireland Challenge Cup..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Having watched all of the League games under Farrell one thing that strikes me is that Dublin have never managed to control any game for a sustained period of time.

At the moment they remind me of the teams of the Caffery era. Very good at times but defensively suspect, players going missing, silly mistakes been made.

Granted this is a season like no other so those mitigating factors have to be considered. But that being said I'm not confident going into Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ShyMets wrote: »
    Having watched all of the League games under Farrell one thing that strikes me is that Dublin have never managed to control any game for a sustained period of time.

At the moment they remind me of the teams of the Caffery era. Very good at times but defensively suspect, players going missing, silly mistakes been made.

Granted this is a season like no other so those mitigating factors have to be considered. But that being said I'm not confident going into Championship

Yeah, I was thinking if Meath could score that many points. Imagine the damage the likes of Clifford and Kerry could cause in the championship?

Dublin looked great when they had possession though (as usual) of the bits I saw. But Meath seemed to get scores very easy?
    I noticed that young fella at corner back (Cian Murphy) was being praised for getting up the field and attacking by the commentator.

But is this a sign of being too loose though?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

There just didn't seem to be any shape once we were on the back foot. It was very haphazard I thought.

Not at all confident going into Championship.

Cancel it sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Thank heavens we got the five just in time it seems love to be proven wrong of course but think an exit this year looks very likely on what I have seen so far .

Thank heavens we got the five just in time it seems love to be proven wrong of course but think an exit this year looks very likely on what I have seen so far .

Won't be getting a championship by looks of things anyway.

Safe for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Is James Madden the number 4 for Dublin the same lad who has a contract with Brisbane Lions? He was Boden as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Anyone got a link to a stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

corny wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to a stream?

If you have even the basic sky package it's on sky sports mix which is free.

Mix is free on Virgin Media also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

If you have even the basic sky package it's on sky sports mix which is free.

Thanks lads but not in country and don't have Virgin or Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭howiya

Is there any option to turnoff the crowd noise on Virgin? I know you can turn it off if you have a sky box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭howiya

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Is James Madden the number 4 for Dublin the same lad who has a contract with Brisbane Lions? He was Boden as well.

No the two lads just have the same name

Advertisement