Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona Virus and events

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

How many competitors would be at the nationals per day?
    Add in coaches and staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Rumours circulating about Leinsters being in Santry 8/9 August for Seniors and Masters. National Seniors 22/23 August.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Oiriallach

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Rumours circulating about Leinsters being in Santry 8/9 August for Seniors and Masters. National Seniors 22/23 August.

Did you hear that following last night's Leinster Board meeting? Earlier rumours seemed to suggest that the National Seniors would be on 12/13 September.

I wish they'd just decide on a plan and then announce it!

Oiriallach wrote: »
    Did you hear that following last night's Leinster Board meeting? Earlier rumours seemed to suggest that the National Seniors would be on 12/13 September.

I think 12/13 September was based on old government road map. Everything brought forward now. Heard re Nationals last week. Heard re Leinsters this morning.

Oiriallach wrote: »

Sept makes sense with the 5000 limit on get togethers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Makes the munster decision look ridiculous now especially when you consider the meeting we're only days apart.

Any word on masters track dates?

Sept makes sense with the 5000 limit on get togethers.

Nationals doesn't get big spectator numbers. Maybe 1000 on the Sunday, and some of them are athletes and coaches.

No need to be waiting til September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Every sport is struggling to restart at grassroot level. Even GAA which has an embarressment of voulenteer riches is having a hard time putting workable procedures in place. For minority sports its tougher again. More officals are needed now than before and I cant say I blame Munster or any other body for throwing their hat at it. Youd really need to be very invested in someone elses hobby to jump through the hoops required to get competitions going. An already thankless task has now become a hazzardous one and with it will come increased scrutiny and criticism, not less as should be the case. We really do take things for granted and one of the major things we take for granted is the people who give up their time to keep sport and social events ticking along. The thing is when we think of the organising behind events we think of large numbers bu in reality there are a small hadfull of people involved in all events whom all the work and responsibility falls back on.

ultrapercy wrote: »
    Every sport is struggling to restart at grassroot level. Even GAA which has an embarressment of voulenteer riches is having a hard time putting workable procedures in place. For minority sports its tougher again. More officals are needed now than before and I cant say I blame Munster or any other body for throwing their hat at it. Youd really need to be very invested in someone elses hobby to jump through the hoops required to get competitions going. An already thankless task has now become a hazzardous one and with it will come increased scrutiny and criticism, not less as should be the case. We really do take things for granted and one of the major things we take for granted is the people who give up their time to keep sport and social events ticking along. The thing is when we think of the organising behind events we think of large numbers bu in reality there are a small hadfull of people involved in all events whom all the work and responsibility falls back on.

Cul camps are going ahead this year

Cul camps are going ahead this year

So I believe. Thats great news for children and parents but how is it relevant here?

• Advertisement

So I believe. Thats great news for children and parents but how is it relevant here?

Because some one said GAA was struggling to restart at grassroot levels, while its actually making progress right now. Training for kids looks like returning in July also.

Senior Club championship is starting early August also.

I think someone also contrasted the volunteer rich GAA against minority sports. While the GAA are hoping to restart its far from certain with most clubs struggling with the processes involved re contact tracing. Indeed a lot of businness is struggling to come to terms with restrictions never mind volunteer bases amature sports.

Leinsters are confirmed. It's up on their website. What a contrast to Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Hager

Not much there for the juveniles though. Any idea what the open competition will cover?

Hager wrote: »
    Not much there for the juveniles though. Any idea what the open competition will cover?

I've no idea to be honest. I think a lot of their meets have been cancelled. Only some are rescheduled. You'll see it on the website. Scroll down a bit.

EDIT: That old post is gone now.

Also a big contrast in club numbers, club membership and infrastructure.

Also a big contrast in club numbers, club membership and infrastructure.

Surely having more competitors is more difficult to manage during these times than having less competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Just a note about Cul Camps. Gas have said they can go ahead, however, most clubs I have looked at are not doing them due to the logistics.

Surely having more competitors is more difficult to manage during these times than having less competitors.

A biggee pool of helpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Just a note about Cul Camps. Gas have said they can go ahead, however, most clubs I have looked at are not doing them due to the logistics.

Exactly. Our club are meeting this weekend to discuss the feasibility. Cul Camp aren't sending coaches like they usually do so clubs will need to find people locally who are available, willing, have the level of coaching certification required and are Garda vetted. Then there is additional procedures required that are specific to the Covid situation. It's a big ask on clubs and in all likelihood many won't go ahead i imagine.

• Advertisement

Where did u see that. Last I heard the locations will be released on Monday?

I think someone also contrasted the volunteer rich GAA against minority sports. While the GAA are hoping to restart its far from certain with most clubs struggling with the processes involved re contact tracing. Indeed a lot of businness is struggling to come to terms with restrictions never mind volunteer bases amature sports.

We worked the contact tracing out easily in our athletics club. Sessions on most nights of the week also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Where did u see that. Last I heard the locations will be released on Monday?

The clubs got the go-ahead last Monday and were give until lunchtime today to let the GAA know if are holding it. There is a lot involved in running it and up to each club individually to figure out if they will be able to run it under the very specific conditions and if it is worth the risk etc. So yes, it got the go-head but that doesn't mean every club that previously held it will hold it this year.

ariana` wrote: »
    The clubs got the go-ahead last Monday and were give until lunchtime today to let the GAA know if are holding it. There is a lot involved in running it and up to each club individually to figure out if they will be able to run it under the very specific conditions and if it is worth the risk etc. So yes, it got the go-head but that doesn't mean every club that previously held it will hold it this year.

Be interesting to see what we do. As we ran the cul camp and then our own club camp ones.
    Evening training seems to be getting ready to go now soon which is great. Be good to be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Road racing back as soon as July?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

MY BAD wrote: »

*screws cap back on the second bottle of wine...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

sideswipe wrote: »

You’ll be screwing your artificial hip in if you don’t mind those box jumps ;)

TbL

And I’d expect a posh bastid with a hot tub to turn his nose up to vino with a screw cap:)

If distancing can be maintained and 200 limit

sideswipe wrote: »

Whiskey sour time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Feck. Has anyone been doing interval sessions/tempo runs? :pac:

Advertisement