Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

My mother survived on a state pension, my aunt did, another aunt does, and so does my uncle. What is it about a state pension that would confine one to using cash? Just can’t figure this one out. Genuinely can’t.

They might bank with AIB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ReneeCali

So we are on the verge of a global pandemic and we are without a functioning government because our politicians - FF, FG, SF, and SD - are behaving like a group of prattling children.

We are doing nothing to prevent this. Why aren't all public buildings and institutions immediately introducing hand sanitization and publishing instructions.

We also need a televised addressed from the Taoiseach - who is a doctor - to explain the situation and how we can prevent the spread

This happens in normal countries, but not in Ireland where the sole purpose is to ensure the money machine doesn't stop running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

SyFy Channel on Sky (114) are showing the 1999 movie Virus

Very relevant :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

In Wuhan there were cases first talked about in early December and we did not see what we see in terms of mass spreading until the middle of January.

Maybe you should try harder.

Wuhan is the epicentre of the outbreak.

I’m asking where are the 10,000s of infected people in France and Germany that were infected up to 5 or 6 weeks ago.

Should I be considering cancelling my flights to Milan next week, I'm not sure what to do.

Hold out and see if they get cancelled for you. Least you’ll get money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

ReneeCali wrote: »
    So we are on the verge of a global pandemic and we are without a functioning government because our politicians - FF, FG, SF, and SD - are behaving like a group of prattling children.

We are doing nothing to prevent this. Why aren't all public buildings and institutions immediately introducing hand sanitization and publishing instructions.

We also need a televised addressed from the Taoiseach - who is a doctor - to explain the situation and how we can prevent the spread

This happens in normal countries, but not in Ireland where the sole purpose is to ensure the money machine doesn't stop running.
    What "normal" countries have introduced your recommendations? The ones with infections?

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Mr Flicky

Why so many Italians infected ? Is it the pasta or something that weakens their constituency

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Anyone confirm this on flight radar!

Checked Dublin arrivals yesterday, nothing. Checked Heathrow arrivals yesterday, not a single diversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Always skeptical of a low post count I will send you the link see what you think.

Interesting the screen capture is from school hours.

Thanks

It may not have been yesterday but was in the last couple of days. He's not the type to tell porkies so I believe him 100%

Does Ireland have direct flights to China?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

So is anyone immune to COVID ? Matt Damon was in contagion so.... some people must be immune to COVID ?

Matt Damon.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

I also don't get the delay between china and the rest of world and why we are only seeing this exponential growth now considering how much cases one person can cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

In France many are now calling the Oise region a new epicentre ("foyer") with two cases with no link to China nor Italy.

The French victim in the Oise is a similar case to the first Italian case in Lombardy, as it was hospitalised and was not tested immediately upon admission.

While the Italian patient was tested after 36 hours, the French victim was in hospital in Creil for 6 days before been transferred to Paris where he finally got tested.

Sources:
    Italian: https://www.corriere.it/cronache/20_febbraio_26/coronavirus-all-ospedale-codogno-test-paziente-1-solo-36-ore-093d3a26-5810-11ea-a2d7-f1bec9902bd3.shtml
    French: https://www.bfmtv.com/sante/a-creil-l-inquietude-des-soignants-du-francais-victime-du-coronavirus-1864805.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ReneeCali

What "normal" countries have introduced your recommendations? The ones with infections?

Italy was checking before the infections were detected. FACT. I know people who travelled through Italty and their temperature was check.

Why didn't Dublin airport checking temperatures?

And by normal, UI mean countries whose policy response isn't "ah shure it'll be grand"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Trump gutted the funding and fired without replacing the management for the people who would deal with an epidemic... so he could build a wall... should Ireland build a wall ???

Around Roscommon yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

fritzelly wrote: »
    There was none

How do you know that? Or is that just your expert opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Does Ireland have direct flights to China?

Not in Winter. Service to Hong Kong with Cathay meant to resume 29th March.

2021, maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Trump gutted the funding and fired without replacing the management for the people who would deal with an epidemic... so he could build a wall... should Ireland build a wall ???

im sure americans will be happy he built a wall if it means less illegal virus coming over the border

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

conor05 wrote: »
    Was thinking this morning where would the best place in Ireland, Europe and the world be to hide from Coronavirus?

South island of New Zealand.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

I also don't get the delay between china and the rest of world and why we are only seeing this exponential growth now considering how many people one person can infect.

• Advertisement

sdanseo wrote: »
    Not in Winter. Service to Hong Kong with Cathay meant to resume 29th March.

2021, maybe!

I thought I remembered AerLingus talking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Thanks

It does seem real but it does not contain anything we don't already know.

No people sick.

Sorry for doubting the poster but I am on mod instructions we will not be sharing internal school communication.

Students were indeed in the infected area all are back non are sick.
    Following HSE advice good love them.

Again sorry to the student I though he was a troll I was wrong.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,325 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

How do you know that? Or is that just your expert opinion?

Checked flightradar

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Thread here on the Coronavirus and travel questions...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058057068/1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just thinking how will anyone be confirmed here if everyone if being told to self isolate....

A

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

ReneeCali wrote: »
    Italy was checking before the infections were detected. FACT. I know people who travelled through Italty and their temperature was check.

Why didn't Dublin airport checking temperatures?

And by normal, UI mean countries whose policy response isn't "ah shure it'll be grand"

Thanks for writing "fact" in all upper case letters for me, it must be true. Checking temperatures has no real merit apparently. So a country with a significant growth in infections is normal and ireland, with no infections, is apparently failing the battle with the virus?

It does seem real but it does not contain anything we don't already know.

No people sick.

Sorry for doubting the poster but I on mod instructions we will not be sharing internal school communication.

Students were indeed in the infected area all are back non are sick.
    Following HSE advice good love them.

Again sorry to the student I though he was a troll I was wrong.:)

When was Italy’s first case?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

What is the death rate for a healthy middle-aged rich white male ?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Just thinking how will anyone be confirmed here if everyone if being told to self isolate....

A

Exactly. There could be plenty of cases here already.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Surely if its genuine it needs viewing.
    All it says is there are no confirmed cases in the school in question. The poster was offering what was basically information which is private to the school, and I am sure that school would not appreciate it if we decided to dissect their comments here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement