Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

JamesM wrote: »
    Are you not aware of the major on line choreographed attacks that Sinn Fein made on every party and politician that stood against them ? A constant barage of abuse and name calling. They advertised on their website for people to join the 'Digital Rising' https://www.sinnfein.ie/sfos
    Now they are getting some of it back. And the truth hurts.

I wasn't actually aware of it but good enough for them.

Anyway look a lot of Sinn Fein's new found support comes from people claiming they want a 'left wing' alternative. However you'd go a long way to convince me of that, a lot of the ones I know who supported them are your bog standard, 'fcuk the brits, up da ra' sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

What's with the digging up of 5 year old special branch mi5 reports and the Garda commissioner commenting on political matters during an election. Smells like dirty tricks by the establishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Anyway look a lot of Sinn Fein's new found support comes from people claiming they want a 'left wing' alternative. However you'd go a long way to convince me of that, a lot of the ones I know who supported them are your bog standard, 'fcuk the brits, up da ra' sort.

So all the 'new' voters, formally FF/FG voters are up the 'ra merchants too? Does Charlie Tan-again know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Was this the same PSNI and Gardai that were warning Sinn Fein that attacks on them by PIRA was imminent only last week?
    I am very very worried about the coordination between Fine Gael/Gardai and PSNI here.
    Seems an attempt to undermine the democratic will of the Irish electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

alastair wrote: »
    Because you need to allow people a chance to move on. Were you concerned when Proinsias De Rossa went into government? An ex IRA member? How about Frank Aiken - certainly had blood on his hands as a senior IRA commander - but made an excellent International statesman.

Are you demanding SF to 'move on' when they continue to bathe themselves in this history when it suits them, be it 'up the ra', defending terrorists, mary lou's US trip etc etc?

SF wants to keep one foot in and one foot out but for you everyone else is expected to 'move on'.

• Advertisement

Annabella1 wrote: »
    I believe the Gardai 100%

The independent force for law and order in this country (not ‘state’)

Marice McCabe says hi. In fact fine Gael have an unhealthy relationship with Garda commissioners going back years.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Are you demanding SF to 'move on' when they continue to bathe themselves in this history when it suits them, be it 'up the ra', defending terrorists, mary lou's US trip etc etc?

SF wants to keep one foot in and one foot out but for you everyone else is expected to 'move on'.

Who has a large photo of Michael Collins they'll grin beside? I think people who supported the IRA during the troubles would be hypocrites not to stand by it. Like Charlie and and Black and Tans for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

SF can not form part of a government here. That much is clear.

It's important the Irish people know exactly what the party are and I'm glad this being brought up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,896 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

We all laughed when the British press reported that Varadkar lost the election because of his 'virulent nationalist' (**** the Brits) approach to Brexit.

I'll laugh at your trite generalising too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Run by the IRA as an organisation?

How come they are allowing SF to be involved in Stormont if this is the case?

That would be an immediate breach of the GFA.

Maybe a SF member can explain this .

Amazing they celebrate their killers of men women and children and scream the British army shot their boys while demanding we leave the past in the past.

Well can the real leadership of SF please stand up because we know it's certainly not oul Mary Lou in charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,808 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    I don't particularly like SF or their past but every time I see this sort of stuff trotted out against them it just makes me decide to give them a preference somewhere on my ballot sheet.

They renounced violence to enter normal politics decades ago. People voted for them out of substantive concerns about issues like health and housing. Debate them on these issues instead of this film flam. The public deserves better than being treated like children with this sort of bogeyman politics.

I don't think I'm the only one who finds this counterproductive either.

The public deserves better than terrorists, terrorist sympathizers, terrorist facilitators, and anti democratic animals and actual enemies of this state being in power... for all the faults of FF, FG, Labour and so on, they stopped short of murder, drug dealing, punishment beatings. Sinn Fein running this country ? Yeah imagine, you’d see crime through the roof, violence especially as their rabid verminesque fan base wouldn’t have any deterrent. Gardai wouldn’t be supported, prisons would be emptied of any and all vermin criminals/terrorists loyal to Sinn Fein / IRA prominent movers and shakers...

The day here that the shiners ever get their grubby hands on power will be a dark stain on this state... you might not like the current lot or some of the alternatives but at least you have the option of living a free, democratic and for the most part fair existence...

Bowie wrote: »
    So all the 'new' voters, formally FF/FG voters are up the 'ra merchants too? Does Charlie Tan-again know?

Never said them 'all', don't know them all in fairness.

jcullen222 wrote: »
    Provos are finished.

According to SF fan bois trying to convince the world they are no longer around

Gatling wrote: »
    Maybe a SF member can explain this .

Amazing they celebrate their killers of men women and children and scream the British army shot their boys while demanding we leave the past in the past.

Well can the real leadership of SF please stand up because we know it's certainly not oul Mary Lou in charge

No, the onus to explain is on the PSNI and the Gardai.

If they believe that the IRA are at an operational level involved in criminality then that is a breach of the GFA.

Why are SF still involved in Stormont?

More to the point, if it was true why are the DUP/UUP/ and other Unionists still involved.

We all laughed when the British press reported that Varadkar lost the election because of his 'virulent nationalist' (**** the Brits) approach to Brexit.

I'll laugh at your trite generalising too.

I didn't laugh, I didn't hear that one, I don't listen much to the media in general.

Trite generalising?

Perhaps you do too much laughing and not enough thinking Francie

Mary Lou McDonald has never heard of the IRA

I didn't laugh, I didn't hear that one, I don't listen much to the media in general.

Trite generalising?

Do you think Varadkar was being 'virulently nationalist' in his approach to Brexit as the Telegraph put it last week?

According to SF fan bois trying to convince the world they are no longer around

If they're so certain why are they not going out arresting them?

Mary Lou McDonald has never heard of the IRA

Ye, reminds me a bit of FF back in 2010, when some of their ministers had apparently never heard of the IMF.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Phoebas wrote: »
    And they've just added Gerry Adams to their negotiating team.

Why is Gerry Adams there? He retired as a TD and a public representative.

The people going on their wild conspiracy theories need to wake up. This is our Trump/Brexit. Proper fingers in the ears ‘la la la’ stuff and just listening to the bull**** coming out of the mouths of Mary Lou McDonald, Eoin O Broin etc.

I had a lot of time for Eoin O Broin, but last week he nearly accused the Daily Mail (who wrote the piece on Voiley Anne Wynn’s rent debacle) of fake news.

“I don’t comment on individual cases but based on the publication I would question the accuracy of that report,” or something to that effect before he was cut off by Kieran Cuddihy, who challenged him on that and O Broin realised what he was about to say and rowed back on it.

Before the usual suspects chime in with ‘but the Daily Mail is fake news’, that particular story is real, whether your dismissive and whataboutery-natured tones like it or not.

Now any article that looks into SF’s past and their lack of accountability is seen as fake news because the people who voted for them simply don’t like it.

If people want to vote for them, go right ahead, but don’t you dare question our democracy just because you don’t like it. FF and FG were always hounded for national scandals and it’s the very same here. It’s what happens when you’re a party of government/major prominence. Get used to it, you might learn something about the candidates you’re actually voting for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

SF can not form part of a government here. That much is clear.

It's important the Irish people know exactly what the party are and I'm glad this being brought up now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_Crisis

Yet Charles J Haughy went on to lead FF and become Taoiseach for many years.

No, the onus to explain is on the PSNI and the Gardai.

If they believe that the IRA are at an operational level involved in criminality then that is a breach of the GFA.

Come on now we all know what happens in the north it's political policing trying to make SF look bad ,

Just look at the scenes recently from Derry at the Lyra Mckee murder arrest ,

smurgen wrote: »
    If they're so certain why are they not going out arresting them?

If most of the media in this country were worth anything they'd be asking questions like that and the one I posed about Stormont.

Come on now we all know what happens in the north it's political policing trying to make SF look bad ,

And 'squirrel!!!'

You can do better than that.

Trite generalising?

Perhaps you do too much laughing and not enough thinking Francie

John Simpson of the BBC reckoned the Brexit was why FG did poorly. Seemingly Brexit has us all hyped up.

Can anyone explain this to me?
    Is it usual to have to blow up people you control or is it maybe that drew Harris is lying through his teeth. Acquisitions like this will undermine people's respect for the Gardai. I see varakar and Harris are tweeting away about it too. My god are they having a fall from grace!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/why-are-dissident-republicans-targeting-senior-sinn-f%C3%A9in-politicians-1.4178571

SF will lose a lot of seats in a new election. There have been a fair few reminders for the people of what they did NOT vote for.

It all started with the fool in the pub down in Waterford.

They can't help themselves.

If most of the media in this country were worth anything they'd be asking questions like that and the one I posed about Stormont.

What would happen if sf got kicked out of stormount ,parts of the north would burn , followed by the balaclava brigade making public threats .

They power is based on fear

Do you think Varadkar was being 'virulently nationalist' in his approach to Brexit as the Telegraph put it last week?

I don't think he has been, but who the fcuk gives a toss what the Telegraph has to say!!

Can you address you're trite statement?

• Advertisement

That's a great example actually. They've used her murder a few times in articles relating to the 2020 election and SF. Disrespectful and inferring a connection.

Advertisement