Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

That well known Shinner Paschal Sheehy from RTE tweeted last night that 372 chairs had been set out and they then got swamped as over 1000 turned up.

Just keep providing the gold blanch, you have no idea how enjoyable you are right now.

https://twitter.com/PaschalSheehy/status/1232042232947056640

'Not far off a thousand people here now. Extra chairs were wheeled in, adding to the 372 originally put out and many people are standing at the sides and at the back of the hall'.

You couldn't tell the truth, even with the tweet on the same page.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

JamesM wrote: »
    'Not far off a thousand people here now. Extra chairs were wheeled in, adding to the 372 originally put out and many people are standing at the sides and at the back of the hall'.

You couldn't tell the truth, even with the tweet on the same page.

??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What is the purpose of these rallies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Bull****. Your another moral coward like Martin.

Just in case you have forgotten his u-turn, here's the Irish TImes front page discussing it using his own words:

Feck me, the guy was slithering all over the place. :)

Your just upset that you were rumbled trying to pass off a quote as if it came from Martin to support an opinion you hold which has been completely debunked.

You call someone who sticks to his principles a moral coward.

No wonder Adams is a hero of yours. Was there ever a position he took that he didn’t abandon? Ye shinners can’t understand the concept of someone keeping their word and acting out of moral conviction rather than expediency.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Political parties and representative groups, (age action etc.) get together to raise issues or exchange news, happenings with those in attendance. It's literally a rally.
    ral·ly
    /ˈralē/

Noun
    1. a mass meeting of people making a political protest or showing support for a cause.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

Bull****. Your another moral coward like Martin.

Just in case you have forgotten his u-turn, here's the Irish TImes front page discussing it using his own words:

Feck me, the guy was slithering all over the place. :)

I'd bet there were a lot of voters who voted for SF, who also voted for FF.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Your just upset that you were rumbled trying to pass off a quote as if it came from Martin to support an opinion you hold which has been completely debunked.

No wonder Adams is a hero of yours. Was there ever a position he took that he didn’t abandon? Ye shinners can’t understand the concept of someone keeping their word and acting out of moral conviction rather than expediency.

You come across desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Electioneering.

I wouldn't read too much into it tbh.

I'd be much more concerned that SF members cannot refer to the Republic of Ireland as such.

You just refuse, for all to see, to deal with the issue.

Deflect, lie, deflect, lie some more about me wrongly quoting him, whatever the feck that is about.

Martin 'opened the door to SF and FG' after lying through his teeth that he wouldn't.
    I, all the people posting on here when he did it and at least two national papers say he did it.

But Safesurfer wants to talk about Gerry being in the 'RA. How fecking desperate are you guys!! Brilliant stuff.

Deflect, lie, deflect, lie some more about me wrongly quoting him, whatever the feck that is about.

Martin 'opened the door to SF and FG' after lying through his teeth that he wouldn't.
    I, all the people posting on here when he did it and at least two national papers say he did it.

But Safesurfer wants to talk about Gerry being in the 'RA. How fecking desperate are you guys!! Brilliant stuff.

That's what I keep asking him.
    Though to have to talk about the same tired go tos. Must be tough not being able to stay on the politics were the election actually took place.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    Thought to have to talk about the same tired go tos. Must be tough not being able to stay on the politics were the election actually took place.

They expect to be lied to. Indentured to the power swap parties, it must be a special antennae you get, so you can sort out what is true and what is lies in their position.

If the leader of a party I voted for u-turned the way Martin has, I would be raging. He will probably go down on bended knees to Leo to get him into a coalition for his go at sitting in the big chair. :)

Oh my Francie you are rattled.

Here is your post:

So 'opening the door to SF'...what in SS's world does that mean from a man who was vociferously claiming he would not have anything to do with them? :)

Martin didn’t say that nor did he open any door to Sinn Fein.

You choose to use 2 newspaper articles as proof that Martin wanted to go into government with Sinn Fein. A point that you repeated ad naseum before the election. A point that proved wrong.

But rather than admit that you were wrong, as usual you defend and deflect from your error.

My point about Gerry Adams was you grasp at 2 newspaper articles as “evidence” about Martin “opening the door to SF”, again not his words, the interpretation of journalists. Yet you dismiss thousands of articles and hundreds of journalists and historians who write that Gerry Adams was in the IRA.

Francie. You are in no position to call anyone a moral coward.

They expect to be lied to. Indentured to the power swap parties, it must be a special antennae you get, so you can sort out what is true and what is lies in their position.

If the leader of a party I voted for u-turned the way Martin has, I would be raging. He will probably go down on bended knees to Leo to get him into a coalition for his go at sitting in the big chair. :)

Bowie and Francie, you too should get a room. If ye aren’t in the same one already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

No need for the theatrics. It will simply be the joining of two very likeminded leaders and parties, and the obvious and dominant democreatic representation of the vote of the Irish electorate.
    As a superforecaster, it was easier for me to know once the count was in that this would be the outcome of the election, and made the celebration of SF/IRA, Up The RA, Come Out Then Black & Tans, etc as if they had just been elected to government, all the more mirthful.

Bowie and Francie, you too should get a room. If ye aren’t in the same one already.

Rostering mess up.

Thought to have to talk about the same tired go tos. Must be tough not being able to stay on the politics were the election actually took place.

This post.

From someone who just said I came across desperate.

I can not decipher this gem Bowie. Maybe Francie could translate or even type it out for you if he is beside you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

It looks to me like Micheal Martin may just be the first leader of Fianna Fáil not to be Taoiseach.

This post.

From someone who just said I came across desperate.

I can not decipher this gem Bowie. Maybe Francie could translate or even type it out for you if he is beside you.

Poor. You can't even stay on topic. Give it up.
    Third and final time, if you dodge I'll leave it.
    Why are you unable to speak about politics and policies here regarding this election? Why do you always go off over the border or back in time?
    So you could answer, claim you dont understand and so on. Your call.

holyhead wrote: »
    It looks to me like Micheal Martin may just be the first leader of Fianna Fáil not to be Taoiseach.

I said before, Leo won't play second fiddle to MM.
    Likely these talks, were FG reaffirmed they wanted to go into opposition, are a ruse so the electorate don't judge them too harshly if an election is called. Which is becoming more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,760 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Why are you unable to speak about politics and policies here regarding this election? Why do you always go off over the border or back in time?

There are other threads to do with the policies. This one is about the Garda assessment of the control over SF by the IRA.

• Advertisement

Is Michael Martin, what we have been discussing, from, over the border, as you put it, or back in time?

No.

Wake Francie up there sure and he will give you a wee talk about Irish history. A very biased, narrow talk mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Drumming up support for the next election later in the year which is almost a cert at this stage.

The shinners have been one step ahead of FF/FG since the election was called, and the results become known, leo isn't worried about "intimidating and bullying" from Sinn Fein, no matter what he says.

Leo's annoyed Sinn Feins strategists come up with the idea before his own party did.

Your own post is off topic.

The thread is about explaining to people that think SF is a legitimate party, that it is in fact a branch of the SF-IRA organisation, undemocratic, criminal, would turn to terrorism if it though that were a better route to a 32 county Ireland.
    It is not a thread about politics and policies regarding the election.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Drumming up support for the next election later in the year which is almost a cert at this stage.

The shinners have been one step ahead of FF/FG since the election was called, and the results become known, leo isn't worried about "intimidating and bullying" from Sinn Fein, no matter what he says.

Leo's annoyed Sinn Feins strategists come up with the idea before his own party did.

Trump came up with the idea before Mary Lou did.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Trump came up with the idea before Mary Lou did.

The Nuremberg Rallies were long before Trump.

The Nazi Party Rallies, held in Nuremberg from 1933 to 1938, serve primarily as a setting to show off the regime and Adolf Hitler, to orchestrate the concept of a "Volksgemeinschaft," and to arouse popular enthusiasm for war.

See how those worked out.

I can’t see any advantages in holding rallies to drum up support for any party now. The election is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The Nazi Party Rallies, held in Nuremberg from 1933 to 1938, serve primarily as a setting to show off the regime and Adolf Hitler, to orchestrate the concept of a "Volksgemeinschaft," and to arouse popular enthusiasm for war.

I can’t see any advantages in holding rallies to drum up support for any party now. The election is over.

Lads people aren't buying the hyperbole and yer losing at playing politics. Best have another brainstorming session tomorrow and figure out another plan of attack. Night.

Good point. They worked out very well. Popular enthusiasm for war was very strong.

smurgen wrote: »
    Lads people aren't buying the hyperbole and yer losing at playing politics. Best have another brainstorming session tomorrow and figure out another plan of attack. Night.

I have no fear of the SF rallies. You made the one in Cork sound like a polite English garden party.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I was at the rally. Does that make me a Nazi supporter?

• Advertisement

jm08 wrote: »
    I was at the rally. Does that make me a Nazi supporter?

The one in Cork or Nuremberg?

Advertisement