Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

smurgen wrote: »
    Just to hear the discussion.it appears to me FG folk would rather a dictatorship. There was no sandwiches. I was starving!

I remember one sunday as a kid,at a music festival in the parish hall,the entire cast of the Riordan's were guests on the stage
    The whole town turned out to see them
    There were no sandwiches either
    I wasnt starving because mammy had given us the dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 67,228 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I remember one sunday as a kid,at a music festival in the parish hall,the entire cast of the Riordan's were guests on the stage
    The whole town turned out to see them
    There were no sandwiches either
    I wasnt starving because mammy had given us the dinner

Good old conservative FG agricultural stock were The Riordan's. Part of our past.

That Batty Brennan boy though...A Shinner if ever there was one!

Careful not to be dissing the farmers now,your roscommon T.D would not approve!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

bubblypop wrote: »
    he seems a bit biased in his reporting....

Yeah Newstalk are well known for their shinner support.:D

Did you ever think maybe your assessment of his report might be biased in itself?

Careful not to be dissing the farmers now,your roscommon T.D would not approve!

I don't have a Roscommon TD.

And I wasn't 'dissing' them. I was fondly recalling somethiing that is dying out. The conservative FG agricultural vote.

• Advertisement

I don't have a Roscommon TD.

And I wasn't 'dissing' them. I was fondly recalling somethiing that is dying out. The conservative FG agricultural vote.

Rofl
    That's a myth
    Most farmers I know vote FF

Rofl
    That's a myth

Stop hanging with the small farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Rofl
    That's a myth

There’d be plenty of small farmers who vote FG as well in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

There’d be plenty of small farmers who vote FG as well in fairness.

Would be scarce on the ground, when i was growing up in the 70-80s the FG voters were the Guard ,the Priest and the school teacher, almost everyone else would have been FF with a republican slant,

McMurphy wrote: »
    Yeah Newstalk are well known for their shinner support.:D

Did you ever think maybe your assessment of his report might be biased in itself?

i was going by his twitter account actually

• Advertisement

As I was saying earlier, FF and FG's objection has little to do with any moral high ground, it has to do with power and losing it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/25/sinn-fein-party-two-party-system

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

As I was saying earlier, FF and FG's objection has little to do with any moral high ground, it has to do with power and losing it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/25/sinn-fein-party-two-party-system

All wrong Francie. They'll be saying he's either biased or a Brexiter or Trump supporter.

'They can't handle the truth', to paraphrase Jack Nicholson.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I hear Mary Lou is giving away free social houses to the first 1,000 attendees tonight.

Ts&Cs stipulate that you have to be Irish, ‘original irish’, the offer is not open to de foreigners or anyone in Direct Provision.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I hear Mary Lou is giving away free social houses to the first 1,000 attendees tonight.

Ts&Cs stipulate that you have to be Irish, ‘original irish’, the offer is not open to de foreigners or anyone in Direct Provision.

No picturs for us today Fr Dougal?

Different angle tonight - bad comedy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Fann Linn wrote: »
    All wrong Francie. They'll be saying he's either biased or a Brexiter or Trump supporter.

'They can't handle the truth', to paraphrase Jack Nicholson.
    The last paragraph is also the truth! They should be reading Labour's history of false promises!

is_that_so wrote: »
    The last paragraph is also the truth!

The way it should be in any democracy?
    Does it make you fearful, no guaranteed swap anymore or that you might have to do something for all the people for a change?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

is_that_so wrote: »
    The last paragraph is also the truth!

Exactly. I said that myself last week. If FG/ FF got their sh!t together they could stop the SF rise in their tracks.

History has shown however they're incapable of doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Depressing that we have to go to media sources outside of own country to get perspective and honest reporting on what's happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Exactly. I said that myself last week. If FG/ FF got their sh!t together they could stop the SF rise in their tracks.

It's ego. They can't accept criticism as borne out by their chums on Boards. It's not healthy.

The way it should be in any democracy?
    Does it make you fearful, no guaranteed swap anymore or that you might have to do something for all the people for a change?
    Ah, the art of Simple Simon politics. It's always people in fear, isn't it? Nah, I've been all for them getting on with it, except they can't and that's really where we are. What's that 2nd question about - browbeating people to vote elsewhere?

• Advertisement

Except when forced to the pin of their collar - Mac The Knife & the Tallaght Strategy 1989. 1994-1997 did well also.

No picturs for us today Fr Dougal?

Different angle tonight - bad comedy. ;)

There’s a reason no political party will go into government with SF. They’re terrorist scum. It would be like going into coalition with the Taliban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There’s a reason no political party will go into government with SF. They’re terrorist scum. It would be like going into coalition with the Taliban.

Go on and post a photo of some poor kid killed by the UDA to prove your point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

id say more like the kinahan cartel , they are both controlled from afar and have people who support them for their own reasons but deny it when questioned.

and there's the criminality of course

Bowie wrote: »
    Go on and post a photo of some poor kid killed by the UDA to prove your point.

I see you’ve changed your username from Matt Barrett to Bowie.

Why did you pick the partner of the Taoiseach as your username? Why the infatuation? Is it a crush? Do you fancy Leo?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

blanch152 wrote: »
    They were hoping for crowds outside unable to get in, cheering and shouting and waving flags and banners. They didn't get it.

Your weird obsession with SF can't be healthy. You're just making shit up now and throwing it, hoping it will stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

That well known Shinner Paschal Sheehy from RTE tweeted last night that 372 chairs had been set out and they then got swamped as over 1000 turned up.

https://twitter.com/PaschalSheehy/status/1232042232947056640

Call that a rally ?

This, is a rally :
    nuremberg-rally-bf053f04-f93e-4959-a9b4-e509324a797-resize-750.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    ‘Mob’, ‘propaganda rallies’? Did you follow any of the coverage of last night’s public meeting? Complete nonsense.
    I think mob is a very accurate term for any assembly of SF-IRA supporters.

Wouldn't that be great if it was true...but as anyone who isn't blinkered knows it isn't true.

It is all about relinquishing power. You poor feckers were sold a pup about morals.

Michael would have been cosying up to SF had he still maintained some power over them. Witness him opening the door when he was being told by his tallymen that he was going to hit around 50 seats on the Sunday after the election. See the thread here when he spoke and see the articles here.
    He is a political opportunist fooling people like you.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/martin-opens-the-door-to-coalition-with-sinn-fein-38941313.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fianna-f%C3%A1il-reaction-martin-opens-door-to-government-with-fg-or-sf-1.4167246

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just a tiny extract from the article, but it sums the whole thing up completely.
    Sinn Féin’s breakthrough has aroused hopes in thousands of voters that it represents something fundamentally different to the old order; the frenzied efforts to keep it from power have reinforced this view.

Thankfully Leo and Michaél are too (delete as you will) arrogant/naïve/stupid to see that so far and have continued on in their efforts to castigate the shinners, still unwilling to accept that approach spectacularly backfired during the campaign.

But sure if that's the route the strategists insist they must stick to, far be it from the shinners to stop them.

Never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake afterall.

Advertisement