Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,228 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Just a tiny extract from the article, but it sums the whole thing up completely.

Thankfully Leo and Michaél are too (delete as you will) arrogant/naïve/stupid to see that so far and have continued on in their efforts to castigate the shinners, still unwilling to accept that approach spectacularly backfired during the campaign.

But sure if that's the route the strategists insist they must stick to, far be it from the shinners to stop them.

Never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake afterall.

They are just carrying on the old way. Dancing around one another thinking they are portraying two parties desperately trying to reconcile massive political differences for 'the good of the country'. :)

The reality is they are fighting about who sits in the big chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Wouldn't that be great if it was true...but as anyone who isn't blinkered knows it isn't true.

It is all about relinquishing power. You poor feckers were sold a pup about morals.

Michael would have been cosying up to SF had he still maintained some power over them. Witness him opening the door when he was being told by his tallymen that he was going to hit around 50 seats on the Sunday after the election. See the thread here when he spoke and see the articles here.
    He is a political opportunist fooling people like you.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/martin-opens-the-door-to-coalition-with-sinn-fein-38941313.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fianna-f%C3%A1il-reaction-martin-opens-door-to-government-with-fg-or-sf-1.4167246

Nothing stopping FF from going into government with SF now, they could put together a majority with a few others. It would be easier than forming a coalition with FG.

However, he said he wouldn’t form a government with SF before the election, and he has said that he won’t form a government with them now.

SF are terrorist scum that no political party wants anything to do with.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/micheál-martin-will-not-reverse-stance-on-ruling-out-sinn-féin-1.4171836

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Wouldn't that be great if it was true...but as anyone who isn't blinkered knows it isn't true.

It is all about relinquishing power. You poor feckers were sold a pup about morals.

Michael would have been cosying up to SF had he still maintained some power over them. Witness him opening the door when he was being told by his tallymen that he was going to hit around 50 seats on the Sunday after the election. See the thread here when he spoke and see the articles here.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/martin-opens-the-door-to-coalition-with-sinn-fein-38941313.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fianna-f%C3%A1il-reaction-martin-opens-door-to-government-with-fg-or-sf-1.4167246

No, its all about SF-IRA's affiliation with murder and terrorism. No other party has never been declared un-partnerable by other parties. No other party has ever polarised the voters in the good and the bad. If SF-IRA were a legitimate left party, FF and FG would be fighting over getting to do a deal with them.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Nothing stopping FF from going into government with SF now, they could put together a majority with a few others. It would be easier than forming a coalition with FG.

However, he said he wouldn’t form a government with SF before the election, and he has said that he won’t form a government with them now.

Martin was willing to go into government when he had more seats than them. Once that didn't happen he climbed up on to the bull**** high moral ground he thought was gonna make him top dog this time.

The man who stood on the steps with Mairia Cahill lecturing everybody is being pursued on Twitter by a woman who has a beef with the Ceann Comhairle, has Michael the moralist addressed her and her issues yet it yet?...has he f***. Has our media? Have they f*** too.

He's an opportunist determined to be Taoiseach at any cost.

• Advertisement

Martin was willing to go into government when he had more seats than them. Once that didn't happen he climbed up on to the bull**** high moral ground he thought was gonna make him top dog this time.

The man who stood on the steps with Mairia Cahill lecturing everybody is being pursued on Twitter by a woman who has a beef with the Ceann Comhairle, has Michael the moralist addressed her and her issues yet it yet?...has he f***. Has our media? Have they f*** too.

He's an opportunist determined to be Taoiseach at any cost.

Martin clearly stated, on several occasions, that he would not go into government with SF.

Fine Gael have repeatedly said that they will not go into government with SF.

Labour have repeatedly said that they will not go into government with SF.

No major party want to get involved with SF/IRA.

Martin clearly stated, on several occasions, that he would not go into government with SF.

That's it...keep the denial going. Who cares, your political naivety is your own responsibility.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-38941313.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...r-sf-1.4167246

That's it...keep the denial going. Who cares, your political naivety is your own responsibility.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-38941313.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...r-sf-1.4167246

See below.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/micheál-martin-will-not-reverse-stance-on-ruling-out-sinn-féin-1.4171836

See below.

He WON'T go in (well HE would if he was let) when they have the same amount of seats (Votes).
    His cover for that is to climb back up onto the high moral ground.

He WON'T go in (well HE would if he was let) when they have the same amount of seats (Votes)

See below.

• Advertisement

See below.

I'll leave you to your political naivety. You can't even navigate your way around google images, no surprise Michael can pull the wool over your eyes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Still trotting out the “I’m a democrat” quotes to disguise the fact that you called Martin’s propensity for coalescing with Sinn Fein entirely wrong.

You have even used the same “opened door to Sinn Fein” phrase many, many times.

You called it wrong Francie. You predicted that Martin would do a U turn on entering government with Sinn Fein. He didn’t. What’s that a Trump phrase? Oh yes, he doubled down on his rejection of Sinn Fein.

And here you are yet again. Talking about opening doors and if this and if that.

Really Francie. It’s unedifying. Get over your Michael Martin rejection obsession.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

I'll leave you to your political naivety. You can't even navigate your way around google images, no surprise Michael can pull the wool over your eyes. :)

See below, I’ve even included a link to FFs constant rejection of SF/IRA.

SF/IRA are like that clingy person who absolutely reek of BO and wonder why nobody will go near them. It’s because they stink.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Still trotting out the “I’m a democrat” quotes to disguise the fact that you called Martin’s propensity for coalescing with Sinn Fein entirely wrong.

You have even used the same “opened door to Sinn Fein” phrase many, many times.

You called it wrong Francie. You predicted that Martin would do a U turn on entering government with Sinn Fein. He didn’t. What’s that a Trump phrase? Oh yes, he doubled down on his rejection of Sinn Fein.

And here you are yet again. Talking about opening doors and if this and if that.

Really Francie. It’s unedifying. Get over your Michael Martin rejection obsession.

Not even I thought that Michael could f**k it up so badly that he didn't finish in poll position vis a vis seats.

Those two articles and what happened on the Sunday are all I need to know to convince my assessment of him was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

SF are the only party in the EU of any significant support who have links with an illegal criminal organisation.

That's a fairly sobering fact.

BO, we can handle. The whiff of gunpowder is revolting though.

SF-IRA saying they will improve housing and healthcare, is like the Nazi's saying they will improve roads quality and grow the armaments industry. Well, maybe not. The Nazi's were able to deliver on those promises.

Not even I thought that Michael could f**k it up so badly that he didn't finish in poll position vis a vis seats.

Those two articles and what happened on the Sunday are all I need to know to convince my assessment of him was right.

You are good craic Francie. It’s true that we will believe what we want to believe. Two newspaper articles convince you Martin wants government with Sinn Fein and yet you post hundreds of times on the “Does Anybody Believe Gerry Adams Was Not In The IRA” thread disputing the evidence. A gas ticket.

You are good craic Francie. It’s true that we will believe what we want to believe. Two newspaper articles convince you Martin wants government with Sinn Fein and yet you post hundreds of times on the “Does Anybody Believe Gerry Adams Was Not In The IRA” thread disputing the evidence. A gas ticket.

There isn't any evidence Gerry was in the IRA, he'd have been charged.

So 'opening the door to SF'...what in SS's world does that mean from a man who was vociferously claiming he would not have anything to do with them? :)

What does it mean that he is quite happy to go into government with another party he vociferously claimed that he wouldn't? Co-incidently THEY have a smaller number of seats.

Politically naive? You guys shouldn't be let out of the toyroom on your own nevermind outside. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

If he wasn't a member of the IRA then why wasn't he a member of the IRA? It's a rhetorical question, of course. He was in the IRA.

There isn't any evidence Gerry was in the IRA, he'd have been charged.

So 'opening the door to SF'...what in SS's world does that mean from a man who was vociferously claiming he would not have anything to do with them? :)

What does it mean that he is quite happy to go into government with another party he vociferously claimed that he wouldn't? Co-incidently THEY have a smaller number of seats.

Politically naive? You guys shouldn't be let out of the toyroom on your own nevermind outside. :)

Tell me Francie the quote you put in inverted commas “opening the door to SF” that you say is from a man claiming he would have nothing to do with them. You are aware you are telling porkies again. That quote is not from Martin.

Try again Martin fanboy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Tell me Francie the quote you put in inverted commas “opening the door to SF” that you say is from a man claiming he would have nothing to do with them. You are aware you are telling porkies again. That quote is not from Martin.

Try again Martin fanboy.

It's very telling the way you lads run out of road almost before you begin. Is it tough playing defense for a party with such an abysmal record?
    Be nice to keep it on polices the south wouldn't it? Ah well...

Bowie wrote: »
    It's very telling the way you lads run out of road almost before you begin. Is it tough playing defense for a party with such an abysmal record?
    Be nice to keep it on polices the south wouldn't it? Ah well...

Quick ride to Francie’s rescue when he is caught out.

Save his blushes. Not that there ever is.

Quick ride to Francie’s rescue when he is caught out.

Save his blushes. Not there ever is.

He's well able. I see you didn't address my comment. Anyway, internment....aaaand go! ;)

Bowie wrote: »
    He's well able. I see you didn't address my comment. Anyway, internment....aaaand go! ;)

I couldn’t make any sense of your “comment”. If you have a point or question I am all ears.

Try again Martin fanboy.

It is a quote of the newspaper headline. :confused:

I wasn't the only one who saw the worm turn as anyone with cop on knew he would if it suited him.

I couldn’t make any sense of your “comment”. If you have a point or question I am all ears.

Is it tough not being able to discuss southern politics while running distraction for a political party in the south?

It is a quote of the newspaper headline. :confused:

I wasn't the only one who saw the worm turn as anyone with cop on knew he would if it suited him.

Oldest trick in the book. When the facts don’t support your argument, change the facts.

Rumbled Francie. Don’t worry. I’m sure nobody noticed.

If he wasn't a member of the IRA then why wasn't he a member of the IRA? It's a rhetorical question, of course. He was in the IRA.

Gerry wasnt in the IRA. Yes, he was chief of the IRA Army Council, but as a Crown agent, he always saw himself as working for them, and so his 'membership' of the IRA was only a disguise necessary to do his job of dismantling the terrorist from within, while pushing the political element publicly. And that doesnt make him a member of the IRA no more than any of the other infiltrators from the intelligence services were. Gerry cant publicly explain the logic behind is oft denied membership of the IRA - but there is a logic that means he is telling the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Oldest trick in the book. When the facts don’t support your argument, change the facts.

Are you saying that the quote isn't from a headline?

IMG-20200225-202159.jpg

• Advertisement

Bull****. Your another moral coward like Martin.

Just in case you have forgotten his u-turn, here's the Irish TImes front page discussing it using his own words:
    During the election, Mr Martin ruled out sharing power with either Mary Lou McDonald or Leo Varadkar but on Sunday says he respects “the decision of the people”.

He was repeatedly asked if he will enter government with Sinn Féin and did not rule it out.

“I think we’ll let things calm down today,” he told RTÉ. “We’ll assess when the full count is in and the full number of seats are in. I’m a democrat, I listen to the people. I respect the decision of the people.”

During the campaign he also said he had a “moral” issue with Sinn Féin but now says the “fundamental issue” for him when negotiating government formation is the “policy platform”.

“So I think over the next number of days people will assess that situation in terms of such a policy platform.

Feck me, the guy was slithering all over the place. :)

Advertisement