Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,255 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    The stupidity level has been set much lower, you only have to look at the vote for Sinn Fein.

You seem to be obsessed with intelligence, did you know that only 17% of all Sinn Fein voters are educated to inter cert/junior cert level?

I rest my case!

One wonders would they be able to authenticate a few photos on the internet before making an utter fool of themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The stupidity level has been set much lower, you only have to look at the vote for Sinn Fein.

You seem to be obsessed with intelligence, did you know that only 17% of all Sinn Fein voters are educated to inter cert/junior cert level?

I rest my case!

Your post was disrespectful, ignorant and this one is bitter. Good that you rest your case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I rest my case!

That many?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I rest my case!

How do I seem obsessed with intelligence exactly?

Is it because I pointed out that you (unashamedly apparently) appear to have gone on to Google images, typed out "children killed in Northern Ireland troubles by the IRA" or something similar, stumbled upon a stock image and threw it up on the thread, along with some mindless drivel about Sinn Fein having their blood on their hands?

I make no bones about calling that out as stupid, none at all.

There were victim's on both sides, from young children to old people, the victim's of partition Dougal, that is what the violence was about.

You've egg on your face because you tried to use dead children to have a cheap point score, disgusting and all as it was, there's still something satisfying to me about seeing someone's faux outrage being called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

That many?

‘Self declared’ apparently, after the GE exit poll. I would have thought it would be much, much lower.

I see Sinn Féin are looking for people to join the ‘Digital Revolution’, that would entail sitting on their holes all day posting SF propaganda on social media. I’d imagine their pay off will be social housing.

• Advertisement

‘Self declared’ apparently, after the GE exit poll. I would have thought it would be much, much lower.
    Can you link to that data?

I see Sinn Féin are looking for people to join the ‘Digital Revolution’, that would entail sitting on their holes all day posting SF propaganda on social media. I’d imagine their pay off will be social housing.

You should get yourself a phone (smart phones they are called, you can even check the original of a photo on them and move around doing your business) great yokes.

McMurphy wrote: »
    How do I seem obsessed with intelligence exactly?

Is it because I pointed out that you (unashamedly apparently) appear to have gone on to Google images, typed out "children killed in Northern Ireland troubles by the IRA" or something similar, stumbled upon a stock image and threw it up on the thread, along with some mindless drivel about Sinn Fein having their blood on their hands?

I make no bones about calling that out as stupid, none at all.

There were victim's on both sides, from young children to old people, the victim's of partition Dougal, that is what the violence was about.

You've egg on your face because you tried to use dead children to have a cheap point score, disgusting and all as it was, there's still something satisfying to me about seeing someone's faux outrage being called out.

I have no egg on my face as you believe.

I didn’t use any stock photos, I embedded one from the Irish Times because the ran several articles on the murder of children not so long ago. I may have linked to one of the two articles I had open at the time that referenced the UDA alright, but I believe I corrected that.

The UDA & Co. were just as bad as Sinn Féin/IRA. The difference is there is a significant possibility that SF will be in government in the not too distant future, and this party is still ran by a Provisional Army Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Looking forward to those 'rallies'. Can't remember the last time a proper political party decided to hold a 'rally' immediately after an election. Oh wait! Nah.

Was at the rally.seemed like a massive success. People has a civil discussion about the issues facing the country. Can you imagine a political party doing such a thing? The mind recoils in horror!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I have no egg on my face as you believe.

I didn’t use any stock photos, I embedded one from the Irish Times because the ran several articles on the murder of children not so long ago. I may have linked to one of the two articles I had open at the time that referenced the UDA alright, but I believe I corrected that.

The UDA & Co. were just as bad as Sinn Féin/IRA. The difference is there is a significant possibility that SF will be in government in the not too distant future, and this party is still ran by a Provisional Army Council.

You posted the faces of dead kids and used them to try score points against SF to feel big in front of a bunch of other anonymous posters. You should feel proud.

Bowie wrote: »
    You posted the faces of dead kids and used them to try score points against SF to feel big in front of a bunch of other anonymous posters. You should feel proud.

Not nice when you see the faces of innocent victims, is it? Makes it all real.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »

This is the new normal it seems. There seems to be an effort to polarise opinion like we've seen with trump,Brexit etc. Real project fear type behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,761 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

smurgen wrote: »
    Was at the rally.seemed like a massive success. People has a civil discussion about the issues facing the country. Can you imagine a political party doing such a thing? The mind recoils in horror!

Did anyone ask about the Army Council?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Have you told Arlene Foster and the DUP that the Army Council of the IRA are sitting beside them?

The difference is that in the UK, they have no choice. Decent Unionist must accept the realpolitik that working with IRA members, however distasteful, is better than the alternative.

Those in the south dont have to compromise like that though. There is no need to have terrorism supporters in the parliament, let alone on government. Decent people, unassociated with murderers, are on the ballot papers. And should be selected.

Did anyone ask about the Army Council?

No. They tried to focus the whole thing on reality.

No. They tried to focus the whole thing on reality.

What the Garda Commissioner said has been a very real subject of discussion in the country. I am disappointed that it was not raised at the meeting.

The difference is that in the UK, they have no choice. Decent Unionist must accept the realpolitik that working with IRA members, however distasteful, is better than the alternative.

Those in the south dont have to compromise like that though. There is no need to have terrorism supporters in the parliament, let alone on government. Decent people, unassociated with murderers, are on the ballot papers. And should be selected.

'Those' in the south deal with these people everyday of the week.

What really irks some in the south is that the cozy power swap is gone/over/kaput.

M. Martin would have been in to government with SF like a hot snot had he gotten the 50 seats he thought he was getting on the Sunday night after the election.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/martin-opens-the-door-to-coalition-with-sinn-fein-38941313.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fianna-f%C3%A1il-reaction-martin-opens-door-to-government-with-fg-or-sf-1.4167246

He couldn't sell going in as an equal party though so he ramped up the rethoric again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

What did they call the country? 26 Counties? South of Ireland? Southern Ireland? The Free State? The Southern State? Did they decide yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

What the Garda Commissioner said has been a very real subject of discussion in the country. I am disappointed that it was not raised at the meeting.
    But has it?
    Plenty of discussion prior to the election regarding SF past but from the election results given at least 25% of the electorate are prepared to leave it in the past.

Are these rallies for party members and supporters only? The reports make the first one out to be far too civil and cosy to have any opposition voices present. Unlike some events where there is major disruption caused by Left wing protesters.

Are these rallies for party members and supporters only? The reports make the first one out to be far to civil and cosy to have any opposition voices present. Unlike some events where there is major disruption caused by Left wing protesters.

Barry White from Newstalk quite impressed according to his Twitter feed. He has a full report for tomorrow's NY breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It is somewhat disconcerting watching Claire Byrne Live and people talking about their experience with crime and how there is no justice in this country.

Yet what did 25% of the electorate do?

They voted for SF who would make sure scumbags are well looked after given that they represent a disproportionate amount of their voter base. Free houses, free money for all...

The same SF who want to get rid of the Special Criminal Court.

Barry White from Newstalk quite impressed according to his Twitter feed. He has a full report for tomorrow's NY breakfast.

It's good that he was able to hear what was going on, without shouting and roaring drowning out the proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Actually, there were a few compromises made down here since the foundation of the State. For example, Sean MacBride (former Chief of Staff of the IRA), insisted that Richard Mulcahy resign as leader of Fine Gael before his party Clann na Poblachta would go into coalition with FG. MacBride had never forgiven Mulcahy and Gov. for executing 77 republicans during the 1920s.

If I was involved in Fine Gael now, I'd be keeping my head down for the next few years because a lot of their dirty linen is going to be aired from their period as the first Free State Gov. and its laughable that they are taking the high moral ground with Sinn Fein.

It's good that he was able to hear what was going on, without shouting and roaring drowning out the proceedings.

Fiach Kelly from the IT also impressed. Approx 1000 people there, no intimidation as he would expect from a public meeting and was policy centred in content.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Even Drew Harris says it needs to be looked at as plenty of civil liberties organisations like Amnesty and Irish Council of Civil Liberties.

PS, I don't think Sinn Fein want to abolish it.

It is somewhat disconcerting watching Claire Byrne Live and people talking about their experience with crime and how there is no justice in this country.

Yet what did 25% of the electorate do?

They voted for SF who would make sure scumbags are well looked after given that they represent a disproportionate amount of their voter base. Free houses, free money for all...

And a big knees-up (quite different from a knee-capping) when convicts are released from gaol.

Fiach Kelly from the IT also impressed. Approx 1000 people there, no intimidation as he would expect from a public meeting and was policy centred in content.

If the Minister for Health or Housing had dropped in, I expect they would have been greeted cordially.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

'Those' in the south deal with these people everyday of the week.

What really irks some in the south is that the cozy power swap is gone/over/kaput.

M. Martin would have been in to government with SF like a hot snot had he gotten the 50 seats he thought he was getting on the Sunday night after the election.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/martin-opens-the-door-to-coalition-with-sinn-fein-38941313.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fianna-f%C3%A1il-reaction-martin-opens-door-to-government-with-fg-or-sf-1.4167246

He couldn't sell going in as an equal party though so he ramped up the rethoric again.

This. 100% spot on.

Amazes me that some people down here sit cosy, differentiating themselves from their fellow Irish citizens who live in Northern Ireland. Almost looking down their nose.

They’d soon know about it if they lived through that their Irish brothers and sisters were brought up in.

But they just drag their heels in the dirt, like a spoilt child. FF or FG or nothing. Hilarious, really.

jm08 wrote: »
    Even Drew Harris says it needs to be looked at as plenty of civil liberties organisations like Amnesty and Irish Council of Civil Liberties.

PS, I don't think Sinn Fein want to abolish it.

You would need to be a genius of linguistics to understand what they want.

• Advertisement

jm08 wrote: »
    Actually, there were a few compromises made down here since the foundation of the State. For example, Sean MacBride (former Chief of Staff of the IRA), insisted that Richard Mulcahy resign as leader of Fine Gael before his party Clann na Poblachta would go into coalition with FG. MacBride had never forgiven Mulcahy and Gov. for executing 77 republicans during the 1920s.

If I was involved in Fine Gael now, I'd be keeping my head down for the next few years because a lot of their dirty linen is going to be aired from their period as the first Free State Gov. and its laughable that they are taking the high moral ground with Sinn Fein.

100 years ago is done and dusted. The problem facing the security of the state, the integrity of its democracy, its respect among the free nations of the world, and its soul as a country of morality and humanity, is the consideration that supporters of terrorism are seeking to grab hold of the levers of power. FG's history is no factor in that. SF/IRA's is.

Advertisement