Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration authorities raid places of employment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Boggles wrote: »
    I highlighted the relevant bit for you. Again and this does seem be confusing you, it is absolutely nothing to do with me.

You are welcome.

If the parents decide they are going, the kids don't get a choice. But keep talking out of both sides of your mouth. I've never said this decision had anything to do with you. But you are the one whining about the Brazilians never setting foot in Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If the parents decide they are going, the kids don't get a choice.

Surely that penny will drop any minute now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The Irish Times, as usual, with a puff piece concerning the control of immigration in to this country

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/ireland-is-illegally-turning-back-georgian-and-albanian-immigrants-1.4189447?__vfz=rtw_top_pages%3D11000002670848

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The Irish Times, as usual, with a puff piece concerning the control of immigration in to this country

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/ireland-is-illegally-turning-back-georgian-and-albanian-immigrants-1.4189447?__vfz=rtw_top_pages%3D11000002670848

What is witg that paper and its love of open borders

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

We don’t have open borders. Unsurprisingly, the paper has no love of open borders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A lot of the readership don't live anywhere near places that have absorbed actual mass immigration in Ireland.

Easy to take a moral position when unaffected.

When a few of the leafier suburbs have to sustain the same the narrative will change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It's the liberal bastion whose sole purpose now is to extol extreme liberal views.
    The Irish Times regards us as the common people who need direction ..... and obviously mass inward migration so as to increase our diversity and decrease our homogeneity.

In other words, the Irish Times thinks that Ireland is too Irish.
    Themselves and RTE are doing untold damage to our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

alastair wrote: »
    We don’t have open borders. Unsurprisingly, the paper has no love of open borders.

Im aware we dont have open borders, hence the times giving out about us rejecting migrants. They would like open borders, for whatever reason...

Im aware we dont have open borders, hence the times giving out about us rejecting migrants. They would like open borders, for whatever reason...

There’s nothing in that article about either migrants or open borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Not at all illegal whats happening and the IT know it. One minute illegal, then appears to be illegal.

Just as well other measures have been put in place as well.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Not at all illegal whats happening and the IT know it. One minute illegal, then appears to be illegal.

Just as well other measures have been put in place as well.

It’s an op-Ed piece, and the writer is clear as to the specifics of the case they’re making.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Georgia and Albiania have zero reason to send asylum seekers to Ireland.
    It's just a part of the general "go to Europe" migrations we have seen for years.
    Being poor isn't enough reason to be a asylum seeker.

biko wrote: »
    Georgia and Albiania have zero reason to send asylum seekers to Ireland.
    It's just a part of the general "go to Europe" migrations we have seen for years.

Nobody is ‘sending’ asylum seekers, and given that we have accepted asylum claims from Albanians and Georgians in the past, I’m not sure how you can be so certain there’s no reason, ever. And both Albania and Georgia are in Europe.

So let me get this straight. We deport the people who want to work.

But we give free money to people who don't.

Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't make sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nobody is ‘sending’ asylum seekers, and given that we have accepted asylum claims from Albanians and Georgians in the past, I’m not sure how you can be so certain there’s no reason, ever. And both Albania and Georgia are in Europe.
    Ireland returns 23 people denied asylum to Albania and Georgia
    This means the State considers them as safe and stable democracies.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/ireland-returns-23-people-denied-asylum-to-albania-and-georgia-1.4104861

I don't see your source for that Ireland have accepted asylum seekers from there before.

biko wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/ireland-returns-23-people-denied-asylum-to-albania-and-georgia-1.4104861

I don't see your source for that Ireland have accepted asylum seekers from there before.

Albania and Georgia were only designated safe countries two years ago - and there were five Georgians and one Albanian awarded asylum in 2018 (With three more Albanians awarded subsidiary protection status). Plenty more over previous years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Albania and Georgia were only designated safe countries two years ago - and there were five Georgians and one Albanian awarded asylum in 2018 (With three more Albanians awarded subsidiary protection status). Plenty more over previous years.

If so few were approved, why are so many applying (more than anyone else for 2018).

It seems to allude to an opportunistic, devious, organised people trafficking pattern. Whereby economic migrants (from a 2018 safe country that the uk's NCA are highly concerned about: in terms of highly organised criminality), are trying to play the system, for their own advantage.

If so few were approved, why are so many applying (more than anyone else for 2018).

That’s not the point. It’s clear that there HAVE been asylum applicants from both countries that were determined to have legitimate claims. Unlike the assertion made above.

Most asylum claims are rejected. That doesn’t mean the obligation to assess claims is negated.

That’s not the point.

It's exactly the point, and as you also agree very few of the many, many Alb/Geo folks got accepted* Despite being the two largest source countries of applicants for 2018.

That point is that highly organised criminal networks (people traffickers if you will) are overloading the system, month after month, for their selfish economic gain. Thus any genuine cases will suffer as a direct consequnece.

*pending appeals (more time/expense) and pending actual voloutary removal or compliance with any order paperwork.

It's exactly the point, and as you also agree very few of the many, many Alb/Geo folks got accepted* Despite being the two largest source countries of applicants for 2018.

That point is that highly organised criminal networks (people traffickers if you will) are overloading the system, month after month, for their selfish economic gain. Thus any genuine cases will suffer as a direct consequnece.

*pending appeals (more time/expense) and pending actual voloutary removal or compliance with any order paperwork.

Nope. Not the point I was addressing at all.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112701527&postcount=223

• Advertisement

Nope.

So you've no problem whatsoever with a significant trend (99.7%) of ineligible folks taking the place, time, funds, or resources over more clearly genuine cases, fair enough.

So you've no problem whatsoever with a significant trend (99.7%) of ineligible folks taking the place, time, funds, or resources over more clearly genuine cases, fair enough.

Still not the point I was addressing.

Still not the point I was addressing.

But the important point now is that you'll neither accept, address, nor condone it.
    A significant trend, month by month (99.7%) of ineligible folks from two particular countries, taking the place, time, funds, or resources over more clearly genuine cases.

But the important point now is that you'll neither accept, address, nor condone it.
    A significant trend, month by month (99.7%) of ineligible folks from two particular countries, taking the place, time, funds, or resources over more clearly genuine cases.

Your trying to crowbar your own issues onto a different point are your own business. Doesn’t make it any more important.

Your trying to crowbar your own issues onto a different point are your own business. Doesn’t make it any more important.

I.e. You'll neither accept, address, nor condone it.

Very interesting!

- Guess if for example (speculating of course for as an example) you had some vested interest for profit, benefit of whatever, then it does not matter one bit where people come from, or their status(genuine or not), just as long as they come, and keep coming.

I.e. You'll neither accept, address, nor condone it.

Very interesting!

- Guess if for example (speculating of course for as an example) you had some vested interest for profit, benefit of whatever, then it does not matter one bit where people come from, or their status(genuine or not), just as long as they come, and keep coming.

You speculate away. Still no closer to addressing the point to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

What other point is there other than the applicants from those two countries are overwhelmingly bogus and put an enormous strain on the capacity of the state to respond to genuine cases?

Why tiptoe around it?

Yurt! wrote: »
    What other point is there other than the applicants from those two countries are overwhelmingly bogus and put an enormous strain on the capacity of the state to respond to genuine cases?

Why tiptoe around it?

Well - let’s see...

Nobody outside the specific cases knows why the claims were rejected, so you can’t presume they were ‘bogus’. They might well have just not met the bar sufficient for award. Do you take the same attitude to every job application that you didn’t get - that your application was ‘bogus’?

Every asylum claimant has their case assessed. Volume of applicants might slow the process, but it doesn’t lock anyone out. And - a reminder - we are legally obliged to assess all claims. It’s not a voluntary deal - it’s an obligation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

A 99% rejection rate of a particular nationality is telling you something. If you want to plug your ears go ahead.

I've been to Georgia, it's a stable country, and is categorised as a safe country of origin for very good reason.

I'm not sure why you're so fond of b*ll****ters that make things difficult for genuine refugees.

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    A 99% rejection rate of a particular nationality is telling you something. If you want to plug your ears go ahead.

I've been to Georgia, it's a stable country, and is categorised as a safe country of origin for very good reason.

I'm not sure why you're so fond of b*ll****ters that make things difficult for genuine refugees.

I’ve been to Georgia too. It’s only been designated a safe country a fresh day. It’s also only 12 years since it was involved in a war and ethnic cleansing. It’s still got occupied territory.

I’m not sure why you confuse fondness for bull****ters with an acknowledgement of the legal obligation to assess asylum claims?

Advertisement