Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Flow Motion

Just walked through town a while ago. Lots of shops shut. Bar Dunnes, Sports Direct, Debenhams, River Island & Holland & Barrett most of City Square is closed. Ditto Georges Ct apart from Boots & Full of Beans. (Strangely Carter Cafe is open Any hairdressers/barbers I passed were closed. In John Roberts Sq: Penneys & Lifestyle Sports open - Costa closed. The phone stores are all open. Everything on the Quay seems to be shut apart from the Banks. The car parks are virtually empty.
    Even though the government have not ordered a mass lockdown a la Spain/Italy it seems the vast majority of people and businesses have
    opted to follow the lead of the government direction on the schools; i.e closed till 29th March (at the very least)

Is it true that Next are having a sale on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Seemingly,

By the way is the Peter France sale still on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Yes staff have been told that The Sale was moved forward to Saturday, it's mental, I used to work there and those Sales people are like savages. Anyone shop goes there needs to be shot cause they are a danger to everyone. The staff are outraged.

TKMaxx announced they’re closing their doors from 3pm today in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Penny's closing too. Paying staff for 2 weeks and reevaluating the situation then.

• Advertisement

JohnC. wrote: »
    Penny's closing too. Paying staff for 2 weeks and reevaluating the situation then.

Fair play to them thats a great move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I hope customers stay away if Next go ahead with the sale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

deisemum wrote: »
    I hope customers stay away if Next go ahead with the sale

Mostly online I would expect.

...they can't be that stupid otherwise.. could they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Are woodies and morris's open tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Mostly online I would expect.

...they can't be that stupid otherwise.. could they ?

I saw a UK notice that it's online, but they're matching prices in store. So realistically it's also in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

danjo-xx wrote: »

Morris's is anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I'd say woodies is there is never really a large crowd out there.

7 confirmed cases in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    so panic buying makes perfect sense

I think there's 2 types of buying

Panic Buying and Buying cos you want to stock up cos you don't want to be out and about too much with a deadly virus knocking about.

I actually needed to do a full shop for the week when the shops were jammed packed.

I got what i needed and nothing more that my usual weeks shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

spookwoman wrote: »
    7 confirmed cases in waterford

7 in total or 7 from todays cases ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

7 in total or 7 from todays cases ?

7 in total, from the 271 cases examined thus far.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0318/1123810-coronavirus-tracker/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

danjo-xx wrote: »
    spookwoman wrote: »
    I'd say woodies is there is never really a large crowd out there.

Be a fecking nuciance if the DIY places close.

Got in last week :)

I only physically shop in two places really - Lidl and Home Base. I can get practically everything I need between the two!

I only physically shop in two places really - Lidl and Home Base. I can get practically everything I need between the two!

theres screwfix as well if you need tools and such

• Advertisement

Excellent!

edit - that excellent was the offer of sex posts that have now been vanquished, screwfix is grand as well obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

There are bigger things at stake here rather than the minor inconveience of the DIY shops closing. If they do it will be for good reason and at that point people will need to stay at home. If we don't do the right thing our country and its citizens will be decimated.

P.s p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Funny how WLRFM are all about preventing coronavirus but had their crew down at the Morrises DIY sale last week telling people come on down and spend your money. They later deleted the the post as they got such a backlash for people exposing their utter hypocrisy.

There are bigger things at stake here rather than the minor inconveience of the DIY shops closing. If they do it will be for good reason and at that point people will need to stay at home. If we don't do the right thing our country and its citizens will be decimated.

P.s p

Absolutely agree, ppl need to get their priorities right, don’t go into shops if you don’ts absolutely have to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Absolutely agree, ppl need to get their priorities right, don’t go into shops if you don’ts absolutely have to be there.

Absolutely. You may not only infect an at risk person but you may also cause somebody who is working at the front line to be off work sick, which is two weeks minimum in this case. Also, front line workers is a broader range of people than just healthcare workers.

https://www.waterfordlive.ie/news/coronavirus/526932/coronavirus-outbreak-in-dungarvan-could-impact-panadol-production.html

I went shopping today. Lidl Ardkeen was very quiet and nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Teva are shutting up shop for a while. Employees will be paid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Teva are shutting up shop for a while. Employees will be paid too.

I don't think that's true, unless it's in an area that is not busy. If fact they were told they were getting more orders for inhalers due to the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Cases in Waterford remains at 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Cases in Waterford remains at 7

That’s not true

Advertisement