Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

smurgen wrote: »
    In the real world Harris wouldn't ban flights from Northern Italy yet now the Italian government has effectively locked down the entire region #spinelessminister.

Thank god he and him and his party got voted out ay:)

We need change.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,240 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Juts watching the Great house revival here in RTE.

The chap has been waiting weeks for an electrician to price a job.

Yet people and Eoin O Broin think we have the workers to build 100,000 public houses in 5 years.

The real world lads.

Why would I not be surprised that FG decide policy based on an off hand comment of a lifestyle programme on the telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭J_1980

Yeah it's in bloody Longford!

It’s no different in Dublin :(

Stocks markets all deep red in Asia opening -5%
    Add in the narrow tax base here, tax revenues will be evaporating. the entire airline leasing industry going up the wall, that will take a few chunks out of the inflated GDP and put Ireland back well within the European stability pact.

The entire SF manifesto is a pure suicide note in this environment. I actually hope they do get into government. Will set this kip up for a decade of Troika rule :)

Why would I not be surprised that FG decide policy based on an off hand comment of a lifestyle programme on the telly?

Or the real world Francie.

While I work on sites and know the construction sector every day, you spend 8am-11pm defending SF on boards yet you never voted for them until now.

What credentials have you got to just pass off my comment about a shortage of electrical contractors in Ireland?

You seem to know better than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

J_1980 wrote: »
    It’s no different in Dublin :(

Stocks markets all deep red in Asia opening -5%
    Add in the narrow tax base here, tax revenues will be evaporating. the entire airline leasing industry going up the wall, that will take a few chunks out of the inflated GDP and put Ireland back well within the European stability pact.

The entire SF manifesto is a pure suicide note in this environment. I actually hope they do get into government. Will set this kip up for a decade of Troika rule :)

Don't forget the oil price wars now kicking off. But sure thank god Fine Gael have set up a robust domestic economy over the last 10 years that will weather the international financial storms....oh wait they haven't!

• Advertisement

Thank god he and him and his party got voted out ay:)

We need change.

We finally agree on something.

We finally agree on something.

Oh I agree.

Lets stop giving out about FG not forming a government when you just agree they got voted out for change.

Hallelujah.

Or the real world Francie.

While I work on sites and know the construction sector every day, you spend 8am-11pm defending SF on boards yet you never voted for them until now.

What credentials have you got to just pass off my comment about a shortage of electrical contractors in Ireland?

You seem to know better than me.

You may know construction...but I fancy it isn't at a very sophisticated level if you think it requires me to be on here from 8-11, to post what I do.

I work supplying services and material to the construction business. It requires me to be in front of several PC's most days and to be in internet range 24-7.

I distract myself engaging here.

Oh I agree.

Lets stop giving out about FG not forming a government when you just agree they got voted out for change.

Hallelujah.

WHO is giving out? I'm busy laughing at their antics actually, as are half the country it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭J_1980

Don't forget the oil price wars now kicking off. But sure thank god Fine Gael have set up a robust domestic economy over the last 10 years that will weather the international financial storms....oh wait they haven't!

Indeed they haven’t. But I’d go so far to say that the Irish are incapable of building a domestic economy. Hence the MNC economy is the only game in town (and fg did pretty decent on that).

Ireland pre-MNC was a high tax social welfare kip, add in competition from China and the end of the iron curtain and modern day “80’s Ireland” would have the living standard of Moldova....

• Advertisement

You may know construction...but I fancy it isn't at a very sophisticated level if you think it requires me to be on here from 8-11, to post what I do.

I work supplying services and material to the construction business. It requires me to be in front of several PC's most days and to be in internet range 24-7.

That actually explains a lot.

Maybe you should get a more active job. It might stop the online addiction.

Its not a good example.

SF won't thank you when all is said and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Your employer is very lucky

That actually explains a lot.

Maybe you should get a more active job. It might stop the online addiction.

Its not a good example.

SF won't thank you when all is said and done.

Patronising shower as well as arrogant you FGers. Feck all to say about anything but try and harass and annoy people who might criticise the mighty FG. As the fella says...why don't you mind your own business?

Careful, your persecution complex is showing!

Patronising shower as well as arrogant you FGers. Feck all to say about anything but try and harass and annoy people who might criticise the mighty FG. As the fella says...why don't you mind your own business?

Cause your business is their business don't ya know. It's all optics management on their side. Blanch will be logging in for the morning shift in a few hours so expect more of the mindless insults and deflection. The problem for these lads is that the real world has burst their bubble. The tide is about to go out and we'll see who's been swimming naked.

Careful, your persecution complex is showing!

Quite depressing that there are those about who think on the one hand that fretting about how long an opposing view stays online and good old fashioned sexism counts as political commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is McDonald actually self isolating?

Is McDonald actually self isolating?

Of course not. She was spouting in the dail two days later. She got the headline she was after.

So Lieo using coronavirus as an excuse to stop SF getting in and retaining power.a new low. This is third world despot level behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

So Lieo using coronavirus as an excuse to stop SF getting in and retaining power.a new low. This is third world despot level behaviour.

Yeah its Leo and Corona Virus that meant that SF and the "left" didnt have the numbers

• Advertisement

How is he doing that now?

Yeah its Leo and Corona Virus that meant that SF and the "left" didnt have the numbers

Next thing they’ll be telling us Leo created the virus! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Next thing they’ll be telling us Leo created the virus! :D

Quite predictable from the Sinn Fein acolytes on here. In fact, we are getting closer and closer to my prediction a few days ago:

blanch152 wrote: »
    By next week we’ll be hearing that Dinny invented the Coronavirus in his secret lab in order to thwart the rise of Sinn Fein, backgrounded by his evil laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,947 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Lieo

very clever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnMitchel

Rubbish.

I haven’t heard any of the public health experts say that. Yes, I have heard oncologists, radiologists, GPs and some others call for planes to be cancelled, but they are experts in their own fields and not in the field of public health.

No Six Nations matches have been cancelled except the ones involving Italy. Most International Women’s Day events around the world have gone ahead bar a few in Asia, ditto parades twice and three times a day in Disneyland Paris and Disney World Orlando.

Get a bit of perspective away from your knee jerk anti-government rhetoric.

I believe the poster that you quoted was correct. One of the guest speakers on the Today with Sean O'Rourke radio show was Professor John Oxford, a leading virologist, whom one would expect has a vast knowledge related to this particular situation.

All things considered, it looks like the parade and events for St Patrick's day are to be cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Dublin's St Patrick's Day parade now cancelled according to RTE news. Took long enough.

Parade cancelled. What are shinners going to bitch about now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If you are saying that by letting a left-wing government led by Sinn Fein take over that Fine Gael are demonstrating a lack of care in how Ireland fares because such a government would ruin the country, then I agree with you.

If it is the usual forked-tongue confusing and contradictory criticism of FG, then I don’t.

Classic Blanch.
    Create your own meaning then criticise that meaning.
    No need for a re-write thanks.
    My comment explains itself.
    If FG care about the well being of the country and think SF will be such a disaster, they wouldn't be relishing going in to opposition.
    They should just be honest. If they aren't top dog they aren't arsed. Which is fine by me

I'm all broken up about that ;)

Could a government ever look more hesitant and dithering as this care-taker one.

Just one faff and f***up after another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Could a government ever look more hesitant and dithering as this care-taker one.

Just one faff and f***up after another.

What does that even mean? It’s like something lifted directly from Trump’s twitter page.

What exactly have they messed up? Is it the timing of cancelling parades? What would you have them do? Cancel everything and cause widespread panic? They've followed the advise from the HSE to date, which is based on advice from the WHO. There’s been very little government action on anything else, as is customary when we have an interim government. They’ve already said they’ll engage with the house whenever any executive decisions are made. All you’re doing is throwing mud continuously without any substance behind it. Criticise every decision even though you have no evidence that an alternative decision would be better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement