Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

gaff

gaff

gaff

gaff

give it up :D

Wait wait so you're saying he didn't call off the Italy game?

is_that_so wrote: »
    The IRFU called it off and the reasons are blindingly obvious and it was that DoH team who advised Harris. He was just at the meeting.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0226/1117750-coronavirus-irfu/

The IRFU were furious with Harris as he called for it to be called off without consulting them first.then the meeting happened.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0225/1117449-europe-coronavirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Poor use of language my friend ...the IRFU were pissed off because Harris called for the match to be called off without COMMUNICATING with them in advance.

Communicating means "Look lads we are going to call off this match because of the danger to public health...just givin ye the heads up like so you can get your ducks in a row before the announcement in a few days ."

Consulting means .".Look lads there is pressure building to call off this match ...what do ye think ...do ye want to go ahead or what ? "

Precise language always helps my friend ..don't mention it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

smurgen wrote: »
    The IRFU were furious with Harris as he called for it to be called off without consulting them first.then the meeting happened.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0225/1117449-europe-coronavirus/

It was Harris' decision 100% to call that off without speaking to anyone else first, and the final say is his for the parade as the Minister of Health.

But simple Simon knows better than to do that.. :rolleyes:
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/03/heath-expert-calls-on-ireland-to-cancel-st-patricks-day-parade-amid-coronavirus-fears/
    https://www.irishpost.com/news/virologist-urges-ireland-cancel-st-patricks-day-parade-over-coronavirus-180925

I linked the show earlier in the thread.
    It's much better to have people panicking, than to have any solid decisions made by The Incompetents.
    He may have already cancelled the parade, but just not told anyone so they still turn up.
    Isn't that how he works?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,217 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Attention had to be taken away from SF, they were going to 35% in the polls and having massively successful public meetings.
    Of course the match was called off...coronavirus was not becoming a major story quick enough for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

What gaff?sure didn't Harris call off the Ireland v Italy game? Does he only have power some of the time?

Once again another facepalm for you.

He didn't call off the game.

You SF lads love to make up these things as you go along to suit your narrative.

Suckit wrote: »
    It was Harris' decision 100% to call that off without speaking to anyone else first, and the final say is his for the parade as the Minister of Health.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/03/heath-expert-calls-on-ireland-to-cancel-st-patricks-day-parade-amid-coronavirus-fears/
    https://www.irishpost.com/news/virologist-urges-ireland-cancel-st-patricks-day-parade-over-coronavirus-180925

It's much better to have people panicking, than to have any solid decisions made by The Incompetents.
    He may have already cancelled the parade, but just not told anyone so they still turn up.
    Isn't that how he works?

If they're doing it for economic reasons also it's short sighted. Because if this thing really takes off here we're going to have a prolonged economic slowdown.

You SF lads love to make up these things as you go along to suit your narrative.
    Sounds suspiciously like he made a decision and ran with it.. Final say goes to him as the caretaker minister of health.
    IRFU wants 'specific reasoning' from Minister for call to cancel Italy game
    Varadkar raps Harris on knuckles for handling of Six Nations postponement

Are you reading what you linked?

He CALLED for it to be cancelled.

He didn't cancel it.

Actually why am I bothering.

Are you reading what you linked?

He CALLED for it to be cancelled.

He didn't cancel it.

Actually why am I bothering.
    Are you reading what I posted?

Final say goes to him.
    He cancelled it.

I am just curious, what do you think he meant by this statement?
    "I know when it comes to cause a great disappointment to many, but it is important to make decisions in relation to public health above and beyond all other considerations.”

It is worth remembering at the time he spoke those words he hadn't been in contact with anyone.

I'm sure I don't need to explain this to you, but when he 'recommended' that it be called off, it was just a polite way of him saying he has already cancelling it.

• Advertisement

Hahaha a face palm for me?It was Harris moving too fast and got hauled in by the IRFU .
    Here's a pr company using his mistake as an example of what not to do.he's literally a case study.

https://www.pr360.ie/insightsfeed/ireland-coronavirus-response-irfu-six-nations

Isn't that how he works?

I genuinely think the parade should not go ahead now and I hope they do call it off.it's the drinking in the pubs etc afterwards that may worsen the situation further. There's alot of doctors coming out saying the same thing so hopefully they'll cave and call it off.
    Anyone playing down the danger try listening to this interview with the CEO of CEPI (Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations) in the UK.

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1235994748005085186?s=19

I genuinely think the parade should not go ahead now and I hope they do call it off.it's the drinking in the pubs etc afterwards that may worsen the situation further. There's a lot of doctors coming out saying the same thing so hopefully they'll cave and call it off.

A lot of experts were on the radio for the week(s) prior to the rugby match, and all were asked at the end of their segment what would they do/recommend. Every single one of them that I heard, said that they would cancel the flights, and that wasn't done. While I would imagine at this stage the damage is mostly done, It makes no sense to go ahead with the parade and accelerate it.

Any experts that I have seen or heard asked about the parade have said that they would cancel it. But their opinion is of no consequence to caretaker minister of health and the department he is currently presiding over.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,490 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Attention had to be taken away from SF, they were going to 35% in the polls and having massively successful public meetings.
    Of course the match was called off...coronavirus was not becoming a major story quick enough for them.

By next week we’ll be hearing that Dinny invented the Coronavirus in his secret lab in order to thwart the rise of Sinn Fein, backgrounded by his evil laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,490 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A lot of experts were on the radio for the week(s) prior to the rugby match, and all were asked at the end of their segment what would they do/recommend. Every single one of them that I heard, said that they would cancel the flights, and that wasn't done. While I would imagine at this stage the damage is mostly done, It makes no sense to go ahead with the parade and accelerate it.

Any experts that I have seen or heard asked about the parade have said that they would cancel it. But their opinion is of no consequence to caretaker minister of health and the department he is currently presiding over.

Rubbish.

I haven’t heard any of the public health experts say that. Yes, I have heard oncologists, radiologists, GPs and some others call for planes to be cancelled, but they are experts in their own fields and not in the field of public health.

No Six Nations matches have been cancelled except the ones involving Italy. Most International Women’s Day events around the world have gone ahead bar a few in Asia, ditto parades twice and three times a day in Disneyland Paris and Disney World Orlando.

Get a bit of perspective away from your knee jerk anti-government rhetoric.

blanch152 wrote: »
    By next week we’ll be hearing that Dinny invented the Coronavirus in his secret lab in order to thwart the rise of Sinn Fein, backgrounded by his evil laugh.

No need for a grand conspiracy theory here, just a recognition of the practice of manipulating events.
    That's why PR gurus are the new flavour of the month. Release bad news when there is a bigger story dominating - distract attention when something you don't like is happening.

Do you think that would be beyond the FG that Leo has built? Not likely, it has his incompetent, clumsy fingerprints all over it. :)

No need for a grand conspiracy theory here, just a recognition of the practice of manipulating events.
    That's why PR gurus are the new flavour of the month. Release bad news when there is a bigger story dominating - distract attention when something you don't like is happening.

Do you think that would be beyond the FG that Leo has built? Not likely, it has his incompetent, clumsy fingerprints all over it. :)

The same FG that I heard a SF party rep say today they will and would be happy to talk to with a view to going into government with.

Make sense of that.

You SF comrades here surely wouldn't be happy with that outcome?????

The same FG that I heard a SF party rep say today they will and would be happy to talk to with a view to going into government with.

Make sense of that.

I'm happy if they can negotiate a programme for government that allows them to achieve their aims.

Coalition parties don't have to be bosom buddies or sell themselves out. That is the old way of doing things. Mature parties look to respect and proper partnership.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Make sense of that.

So the same stance they've had since the election results were known?

I would be more than happy to see SF go in with FG Tanaiste Leo to Taoiseach Mary Lou would be fcuking hilarious.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

And I thought you were one of the more sensible shinners on here. The paranoia is hilarious! :D

• Advertisement

And I thought you were one of the more sensible shinners on here. The paranoia is hilarious! :D

Government uses PR suggestion to distract from something they don't want attention paid to...shocking eh?

If it wasn't a distraction stunt it was to try and look like they were doing something.

Because if their intent was to prevent the spread of this disease they couldn't have gotten it more mindbogglingly and pathetically wrong.

Government uses PR suggestion to distract from something they don't want attention paid to...shocking eh?

If it wasn't a distraction stunt it was to try and look like they were doing something.

Because if their intent was to prevent the spread of this disease they couldn't have gotten it more mindbogglingly and pathetically wrong.

The paranoia really is hilarious. And was the fish wife ‘self-isolating’ to distract from the fact SF is doing feck all bar bitching...as usual?

Is Eoghan Murphy done passing that microbeads legislation yet? Maybe himself and Harris could come together and get some of the smaller Paddy's Day parades cancelled.

The paranoia really is hilarious. And was the fish wife ‘self-isolating’ to distract from the fact SF is doing feck all bar bitching...as usual?

What?

What's with the misogyny and blatant sexism? Are you 12 or something?

Get back to me when you grow up a bit, couldn't be bothered dealing with your adolescent issues.

What?

What's with the misogyny and blatant sexism? Are you 12 or something?

Get back to me when you grow up a bit, couldn't be bothered dealing with your adolescent issues.

Misogyny and sexism...truly a shinner :D

Really poor standred of posting here (by all sides),but this is just critism for the sake of critism

Surely its prudent for people at risk of coronavirus (however small) to self isolate to try prevent spreading and look after their kids??

She...wasn’t...self...isolating...

Misogyny and sexism...truly a shinner :D

Stunning that on International Women's day that kind of sexist and misogynistic stereotyping has to called out still.

Oppose her politics by all means but less of the juvenile name-calling.

Juts watching the Great house revival here in RTE.

The chap has been waiting weeks for an electrician to price a job.

Yet people and Eoin O Broin think we have the workers to build 100,000 public houses in 5 years.

The real world lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Yet people and Eoin O Broin think we have the workers to build 100,000 public houses in 5 years.

The real world lads.

Yeah it's in bloody Longford!

• Advertisement

The real world lads.

In the real world Harris wouldn't ban flights from Northern Italy yet now the Italian government has effectively locked down the entire region #spinelessminister.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement