Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Wouldn't it have been great if SF or some other party could have wanted FG about nursing homes when the pandemic arrived?

Like seems we all have the answer here, why did we all sit on our hands?

Sure it was common knowledge at the time.

It’s the usual from Sinn Fein “oh we would have done better”

Problem is they could have been running the show but ran because they know they can’t, think it was bad with Fg, imagine the sh*t show with the like of Violet Anne and co running the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Wouldn't it have been great if SF or some other party could have warned FG about nursing homes when the pandemic arrived?

The Nursing Homes etc did as has been pointed out but you knew this and Simon was out on a photoshoot for some of it and dosnt know if he read the letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Quotations

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    24% voted for Sinn Fein and “change”. That means 76% didn’t.

They voted for FF and FG yes, but also Greens, Social Dem, Independent and God love us all but some voted for Gemma

Does that make sense?

Only if you're a dishonest person would it make sense.

SF were not the only party to offer change at the election. Every other party during the election bar FG and a handful of independents offered an alternative to the past 9 years of FG lead failure.

FF offer change. Greens offer change. Social Dems offered change. Labour offered change. This is what the electorate voted for.

70%+ voted for change whether it was offered by SF, FF, GR whoever. Its not the electorates fault that FF and the GR have decided to betray their voters by doing a deal with Leo and co post election. But people will remember the contempt they were shown before and after.

FG got 22% support from the electorate to continue on with the sh*t job they were doing.

22% vote for FG, losing many, many seats, does not equal endorsement (job well done) from the electorate.

Very simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

smurgen wrote: »
    They were able to pose for photoshoots but couldn't return calls for the head of the industry trying to make desperate contact with them. Blood on their hands.

Yet the other TDs couldnt be bothered doing anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Wouldn't it have been great if SF or some other party could have warned FG about nursing homes when the pandemic arrived?

I keeps hearing stuff like this that people didn't know how bad it was at the time. Every step of the way the public and other parties were ahead of the government to the point where there were public started petitions calling on the government to call off Patrick's Day parade. As usual and has happened on numerous occasions FG were left following public opinion.

• Advertisement

The Sinn Fein fans will have to work on getting their stories straight in the weeks and months ahead. We have been hearing about FG only following the experts advice, but now all the problems are FGs fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Quotations wrote: »
    Only if you're a dishonest person would it make sense.

SF were not the only party to offer change at the election. Every other party during the election bar FG and a handful of independents offered an alternative to the past 9 years of FG lead failure.

FF offer change. Greens offer change. Social Dems offered change. Labour offered change. This is what the electorate voted for.

70%+ voted for change whether it was offered by SF, FF, GR whoever. Its not the electorates fault that FF and the GR have decided to betray their voters by doing a deal with Leo and co post election. But people will remember the contempt they were shown before and after.

FG got 22% support from the electorate to continue on with the sh*t job they were doing.

22% vote for FG, losing many, many seats, does not equal endorsement (job well done) from the electorate.

Very simple.

It took you a while to come up with that. Good try. Sinn Fein ran under the "Change" banner.

The only people betrayed is the Sinn Fein voters. It is clear Sinn Fein had no intention of every trying to get into government. So the votes people gave them was a waste of time

christy c wrote: »
    The Sinn Fein fans will have to work on getting their stories straight in the weeks and months ahead. We have been hearing about FG only following the experts advice, but now all the problems are FGs fault.

Did Dr Tony tell them not to bother replying to the nursing homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,240 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That was FG's story, yet media is reporting that TD's have been in fighting about the advice.

Like Fergus revealed tonight when under pressure...FG haven't changed, it will all come out in the wash and the 'bounce' won't be long disappearing, would be my guess at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Tell who?

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Tell who?

I'm past caring with you, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Away off to twitter to read more on Fergus

Dont know what he told them, just the SF fans will have to get their stories straight before they look any more foolish.

Dont know what he told them, just the SF fans will have to get their stories straight before they look any more foolish.

Bitter that Sinn Féin are more popular than Fine Gael as the election told us

This is a thread About FG, Any question that gets asked gets answered by what about Sinn Féin

This is a thread About FG, Any question that gets asked gets answered by what about Sinn Féin

Well funnily enough,what do you expect when the crusaders on this thread attacking FG right left and centre are all SF fans

That was FG's story, yet media is reporting that TD's have been in fighting about the advice.

Like Fergus revealed tonight when under pressure...FG haven't changed, it will all come out in the wash and the 'bounce' won't be long disappearing, would be my guess at it.

I'm saying we've been hearing from some SF fans that FG were only following advice when thing were going well, but you will have some SF fans want to blame them now for the bad things. For all their idiotic economic policies, etc., at least SF were good at keeping the message consistent up till the recent election.

Maybe you're right about the bounce, we'll have to wait and see. But I suspect the electorate wont allow SF anywhere near power when we are facing an enormous deficit, much like they didn't during the last austerity period.

Bitter that Sinn Féin are more popular than Fine Gael as the election told us

No, that's how it goes. FG have been in government for 9 years, they've had a good run if you were to look at it from a party point of view.

But I'd like to see a new PDs style party emerge, they'd have my vote in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Did Sinn Fein have HIQA or NPHET at their disposal? You'd have to ask FG why they done nothing. Why they left nursing homes to fend for themselves. A gross dereliction of out elderly at their most vulnerable time.

No, that's how it goes. FG have been in government for 9 years, they've had a good run if you were to look at it from a party point of view.

But I'd like to see a new PDs style party emerge, they'd have my vote in a heartbeat.

They lined their pockets and their mates pockets and will **** off without a care in the world u mean

I'm saying we've been hearing from some SF fans that FG were only following advice when thing were going well, but you will have some SF fans want to blame them now for the bad things. For all their idiotic economic policies, etc., at least SF were good at keeping the message consistent up till the recent election.

Maybe you're right about the bounce, we'll have to wait and see. But I suspect the electorate wont allow SF anywhere near power when we are facing an enormous deficit, much like they didn't during the last austerity period.

NPHET is an agency of the government, not the other way around.

There have been tensions. I have no doubt that we will find out what they were were, eventually.
    The sad thing is, I think we are looking at another inquiry. FG have done the stock thing...send a single TD out to take the flak, Fergus O'Dowd, and he is clearly not up to the job. He could have lost FG a few percentage points alone tonight.

The Nursing Home mess will gather pace.

• Advertisement

They lined their pockets and their mates pockets and will **** off without a care in the world u mean

No, if I meant that I would have said that.

Who?

NPHET is an agency of the government, not the other way around.

There have been tensions. I have no doubt that we will find out what they were were, eventually.
    The sad thing is, I think we are looking at another inquiry. FG have done the stock thing...send a single TD out to take the flak, Fergus O'Dowd, and he is clearly not up to the job. He could have lost FG a few percentage points alone tonight.

The Nursing Home mess will gather pace.

I think we should have an enquiry, places like Singapore learned from SARS and were well equipped when this rolled around. Hopefully will be better prepared if something like this were to happen again.

But I'm not sure any of the political parties will try to make hay given that they vastly outnumbered the government and could have pulled the plug at any time.

There have been tensions. I have no doubt
    Dr Holahan says there wasn't
    we will find out what they were were, eventually.
    December 30th 2050
    Don't wait up

This is fantastic, brush brush brush wasn't FG

I think we should have an enquiry, places like Singapore learned from SARS and were well equipped when this rolled around. Hopefully will be better prepared if something like this were to happen again.

But I'm not sure any of the political parties will try to make hay given that they vastly outnumbered the government and could have pulled the plug at any time.

I don't think Roisin Shorthall will be letting it go tbh. Inquiry incoming.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Dr Holahan says there wasn't
    December 30th 2050
    Don't wait up

Well, I never bought into the hero worship of Holohan to be honest, just like I never bought into the idea that Simon Harris became a good minister overnight.

Both have histories that cannot be ignored.

Maybe she won't, but as I said the inquiry should go ahead, hopefully there will be learnings.

The electorate will make up their own mind on the majority of the Dail who could have stopped it any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Another one who was silent during an unprecedented crisis.

What was it Ivan called her tonight?

Oh yeah a hurler from ditch.

Great people to have around after an emergency.

• Advertisement

Maybe she won't, but as I said the inquiry should go ahead, hopefully there will be learnings.

The electorate will make up their own mind on the majority of the Dail who could have stopped it any time.

That was about as much as Fergus O'Dowd could muster tonight. 'You walked away from government...etc etc'.
    That won't wash because it is an excuse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement