Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

satguy wrote: »
    Why is that any time we see a PAC inquiry, its the parties from the left asking the questions, and someone from the FG inner circle in the dock.

Remember this..

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/frank-flannery-unable-to-explain-documents-on-250-000-deposit-1.2597000

These guys are too sharp for FF to handle on their own, and the GP (FG on Bikes) will never help out.

And you accused me of being one of them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Do you need any help moving those goal posts, or can you manage on your own?

That is an article about the state looking to buy existing hospital, not FG wanting to buy hospital for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭satguy

atticu wrote: »
    Do you need any help moving those goal posts, or can you manage on your own?

That is an article about the state looking to buy existing hospital, not FG wanting to buy hospital for themselves.

Does someone else want to tell him who the boss is,, and what a nice shiny private hospital he ownes.

Come on guys,, you can't leave me to do all the heavy lifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Does someone else want to tell him who the boss is,, and what a nice shiny private hospital he ownes.

Come on guys,, you can't leave me to do all the heavy lifting.

You are going to have to do this on your own.

On that note, when are you going to tell me what you think the OGP does, and how you think procurement works?

You didn’t seem to have a very good understanding a few days ago.
    I hope that this isn’t going to be a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So the past week of this thread makes interesting reading.
    We have had pages upon pages of comments about a Young FG member.
    We we back to the future and talked about the homeless guy that got ran over by a DCC employee
    We are now talking about conspiracy theories where FG are using Covid-19 to buy a private hospital from Dinny, cause .... 'something something'..

I guess FG must be doing an OK job then if this is all one can muster up against them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,145 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    So the past week of this thread makes interesting reading.
    We have had pages upon pages of comments about a Young FG member.
    We we back to the future and talked about the homeless guy that got ran over by a DCC employee
    We are now talking about conspiracy theories where FG are using Covid-19 to buy a private hospital from Dinny, cause .... 'something something'..

I guess FG must be doing an OK job then if this is all one can muster up against them.

You should try the SF thread, all they are talking about is something that happened in 2007 and didn't even involve SF. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

FF supporters would come from many sections of society, they didn't have the elitist attitude of FG, large farmers would have voted FG, small farmers FF, General workers would have split FF/SF and some Labour,

Sweeping generalisation there. I've voted FG since I was old enough to vote. I'm from a working class background. I prefer to see a pro business party who are more fiscally conservative running the country try. And don't give me any of their Irish Tory party nonsense. FG are broadly centrist. They've introduced welfare hikes over the last 9 years and have offered a very generous pandemic unemployment scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

You should try the SF thread, all they are talking about is something that happened in 2007 and didn't even involve SF. :)

Not much else to discuss, of course you could go back to Sinn Fein achievement in the North. Love to more about the Parades commission

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Not much else to discuss, of course you could go back to Sinn Fein achievement in the North. Love to more about the Parades commission
    Pretending the last thing on the list I supplied was the only thing I supplied shows the desperation of your debating. I am sure it makes you feel better though.
    Plus, don't presume that the achievement of stopping 100 years of taunting, religious bigotry and superiority was a 'minor' one for those affected, even if you don't consider them Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

I agree there's a lot of rubbish in that thread as well. But maybe some thought the 2007 incident that didn't involve SF was a metaphor, similar to the DCC incident which didn't involve FG.

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    I agree there's a lot of rubbish in that thread as well. But maybe some thought the 2007 incident that didn't involve SF was a metaphor, similar to the DCC incident which didn't involve FG.

People are sleeping on the streets in increasing numbers as a result of government policy and inaction.

Of course the 'government' is involved.

People are sleeping on the streets in increasing numbers as a result of government policy and inaction.

What policy or inaction led to that specific man being on the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Very dramatic. People sleeping on the streets will always be with us, they're very little to do with the housing crisis, but don't let facts get in the way of a good anti Govt rant.

What policy or inaction led to that specific man being on the street?

:D
    Not going down that rabbit hole christy. Nice try though.

:D
    Not going down that rabbit hole christy. Nice try though.

Nice try? I'm not looking for any rabbit hole. You were clearly waffling about metaphors, adding to the rubbish already posted in this thread.

Nice try? I'm not looking for any rabbit hole. You were clearly waffling about metaphors, adding to the rubbish already posted in this thread.

Are you denying what happened with that homeless man fed into voter choice in the election?

I am not by the way denying that the murder of Paul Quinn didn't...it did.

Have you got a source for that claim?

Are you denying what happened with that homeless man fed into voter choice in the election?

I dont know if it fed in to voter choice, people base their votes on a wide range of things. But trying to tie this man's injuries to FG as you and others have done is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

There's a difference between being homeless and sleeping on the streets though.
    By far the largest majority of homeless people are sleeping in emergency accommodation.

I dont know if it fed in to voter choice, people base their votes on a wide range of things. But trying to tie this man's injuries to FG as you and others have done is silly.

No, I said what happened was a metaphor for what was happening generally. I specifically said that I didn't think FG or anybody did it deliberately.

• Advertisement

No, I said what happened was a metaphor for what was happening generally. I specifically said that I didn't think FG or anybody did it deliberately.

But you tried to tie it to FG by saying they were involved.

But you tried to tie it to FG by saying they were involved.

They are involved in the debate around homelessness and why it has reached crisis point and record breaking numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

They are involved in the debate around homelessness and why it has reached crisis point and record breaking numbers.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5417586/coronavirus-ireland-homeless-families-dublin-covid/

It seems that you are wrong again and that homeless numbers are on the way down.

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/5417586/coronavirus-ireland-homeless-families-dublin-covid/

It seems that you are wrong again and that homeless numbers are on the way down.

Did it reach record breaking numbers and crisis point? Was there debate about that? I think that is factually all correct.

Right, but tieing them to this particular case as you have tried to do is silly.

Right, but tieing them to this particular case as you have tried to do is silly.

Read this carefully: I specifically said I didn't believe that FG was responsible for this tragic event but it did become a metaphor for the uncaring attitude of the FG led government, just as the photo of the elderly woman eating her dinner off a windowsill did.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Now you are getting it.

Now anything to say on the point made or are you still trawling my posts?

Would you not get a job and put that giant brain of yours to work Francie?

Read this carefully: I specifically said I didn't believe that FG was responsible for this tragic event but it did become a metaphor for the uncaring attitude of the FG led government, just as the photo of the elderly woman eating her dinner off a windowsill did.

I have read your posts but you are all over the place, if it's good enough by your standards to talk about the injured man here, it should be good enough to talk about Paul Quinn in the SF thread.

You have said FG were involved, that is silly IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I love the way its ALL the governments fault for ALL the people sleeping in the streets.

No question of choices they made, it's always the governments fault.

Thays the problem, everyone blames Leo on everything wrong in their lives.

No personal responsibility in this country anymore.

Didn't Johnathan currie sell two houses his family bought him and refuse accommodation?

But it's all the governments fault, noone is allowed dare question people's circumstances.

Margaret Cash.

Erica Fleming.

The list goes on.

Its a load of nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ballso wrote: »
    Would you not get a job and put that giant brain of yours to work Francie?
    Cant got too much until he has the Junior Cert passed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement