Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭sameoldname

smurgen wrote: »
    Defensive much?

I'm not on here claiming that my favoured political party is going to prevent deaths. It's not defensiveness, it's incredulity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

You can't take a chronic heroin addict and just give them the keys to a free gaf. How do you think they ended up on the streets in the first place?

It was just this type of ill informed nonsense that lost fg the election. Homelessness was traditionally a problem with drug addicts and alcoholics etc but is much more than that in Ireland today. But hey jump straight to heroin addicts is it makes you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Remember Johnathan Corrie??

Had 2 houses given 2 him but still ended up dying on the streets.

His daughter said they reached out many times to him but he had no interest.

How anyone can blame Eoghan Murphy for his death is beyond me.

Didn't stop SF and the other parties using him as a political football.

Its like a game of chess with these opposition parties.

Erica Fleming appeared at a SF Ard Fhies if my memory serves me well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Remember Johnathan Corrie??

Had 2 houses given 2 him but still ended up dying on the streets.

His daughter said they reached out many times to him but he had no interest.

How anyone can blame Eoghan Murphy for his death is beyond me.

Didn't stop SF and the other parties using him as a political football.

Its like a game of chess with these opposition parties.

Erica Fleming appeared at a SF Ard Fhies if my memory serves me well.

Perhaps give them care and a foundation to build from first rather than throwing houses at em. You know treat the root cause rather than the symptoms.

It was just this type of ill informed nonsense that lost fg the election. Homelessness was traditionally a problem with drug addicts and alcoholics etc but is much more than that in Ireland today. But hey jump straight to heroin addicts is it makes you feel better.

Homelessness is people on the streets, not people been put up in hotels free of charge waiting for a free house.

Currently there is approx 150 homeless as in on the streets in Dublin.

The lowest in Europe for a capital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭sameoldname

No! How many times!? Homeless means they don't own a home or rent a home. It does not mean they are out on the street! These people have places they can stay, they choose to sleep rough. I'm not blaming them for making that choice or the choices that led them to the situation they are in. But I'm not going to have people act like SF are going to be able to prevent people dying while sleeping rough unless they plan to take away their liberties. Do they plan to take away their liberties?

Homelessness is people on the streets, not people been put up in hotels free of charge waiting for a free house.

I love this "The lowest in Europe for a capital" or for other things "The 2nd highest in the EU"

As if it makes it all grand lol

Wow, this is a wind up surely.

Cupatae wrote: »
    Perhaps give them care and a foundation to build from first rather than throwing houses at em. You know treat the root cause rather than the symptoms.

His family gave him the 2 houses.

There is support for anyone who needs it and is willing to accept it in this country.

After that all you can do is physically restrain someone from hurting themselves.

Wow, this is a wind up surely.

Which part specifically?

• Advertisement

His family gave him the 2 houses.

There is support for anyone who needs it and is willing to accept it in this country.

After that all you can do is physically restrain someone from hurting themselves.

fair enough.

Which part specifically?

Everything you said unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

God damn homeless people dying on mass and making the government look bad!!!

I love this "The lowest in Europe for a capital" or for other things "The 2nd highest in the EU"

Who said its grand?

Not one country has solved people sleeping on the streets.

Lets be realistic here, if not there will never be a solution.

There has been homeless people for 100s of years in every country.

Expecting Eoghan Murphy to solve it all is absolute pie in the sky nonsense.

Dying on mass?

How many died this week from the flu in Ireland?

More than 4.

God dam people dying from the flu making the government look bad.

Who said its grand?

Not one country has solved people sleeping on the streets.

Lets be realistic here, if not there will never be a solution.

There has been homeless people for 100s of years in every country.

Expecting Eoghan Murphy to solve it all is absolute pie in the sky nonsense.

Especially when he's busy signing off on legislation to ban microbeads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,040 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Those questions have everything to do with it, you just nit pick at there actions as it suits your own agenda,

What current campaign are you referring too? i believe there has been peace in the north for quiet sometime now. You are bouncing thru timelines aswell to suit yourself...

Oh please war crimes...spare us! the same people that want to enforce such things break those laws on the regular, its rich talking about war crimes and the british... i suppose you think the famine was a natural disaster aswell?

At the root of it all though who caused the IRA? that lead to the conflict that lead to the deaths of those innocent people? As far as i can see thats where the blame should be squarely placed the blood is on there hands.

Do you pay any attention to the news outside of a certain bubble?

CIRA tried to set a bomb a few weeks ago:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/dissident-bomb-was-intended-to-blow-up-on-board-brexit-day-ferry-1.4163813

NIRA threatening SF members

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/0217/1115942-sinn-fein-new-ira-threat/

Going by your horrible twisting of reality I'm sure these are justified as well (or is the twisting only to excuse SFIRA?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Smurgen is the poster who 'jumped' straight to a claim that four homeless people died in the previous eight days.

Smurgen, what did they die from? Where are you getting that statistic from? Olestoepoke reckons the four people who died are not the traditional homeless types....

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Do you pay any attention to the news outside of a certain bubble?

CIRA tried to set a bomb a few weeks ago:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/dissident-bomb-was-intended-to-blow-up-on-board-brexit-day-ferry-1.4163813

NIRA threatening SF members

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/0217/1115942-sinn-fein-new-ira-threat/

Going by your horrible twisting of reality I'm sure these are justified as well (or is the twisting only to excuse SFIRA?)

Ah go way lad, you are delusional if everyone was like you we d still be under the British boot. You are clutching at straws now, you even contradict yourself with the "IRA attacking SF" that you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Homelessness is "without fixed abode".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Field east

No! How many times!? Homeless means they don't own a home or rent a home. It does not mean they are out on the street! These people have places they can stay, they choose to sleep rough. I'm not blaming them for making that choice or the choices that led them to the situation they are in. But I'm not going to have people act like SF are going to be able to prevent people dying while sleeping rough unless they plan to take away their liberties. Do they plan to take away their liberties?

Well, it has the means to do so. The rough sleeper would be given two choices . The ‘hard brexit ‘option where the the stepped down section of SF would be called into action or the ‘soft brexit ‘ option where the ‘free state bastards/ up the RA’ section of SF would be given the task of moving said target. After a while when all is stood down they probably would be back on the canal banks again

When it suits us we do use examples of the way other countries manage issues and quote figures that Ireland should be achieving . Eoin o Broin uses the example of how Austria , I think, has tackled the affordable/ social housing sector. So stop the equivalent of cherry picking and be a bit more balanced

• Registered Users Posts: 67,112 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Field east wrote: »
    When it suits us we do use examples of the way other countries manage issues and quote figures that Ireland should be achieving . Eoin o Broin uses the example of how Austria , I think, has tackled the affordable/ social housing sector. So stop the equivalent of cherry picking and be a bit more balanced

Using examples of how we might improve is slightly different to using examples to deflect from how we have failed though. The first being an ambition the second being an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,131 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Field east wrote: »
    Using examples of how we might improve is slightly different to using examples to deflect from how we have failed though. The first being an ambition the second being an excuse.

I wonder do they have almost €40 million owed in rent in Vienna.

Hopefully Eoin will tell us.

I wonder do they have almost €40 million owed in rent in Vienna.

Hopefully Eoin will tell us.

If other countries are a better place to live, based on the examples picked / cherry picked - be it in relation to health, education, accmodation, social welfare , transport, etc etc, etc, etc, - then why is there not a mass exodus from Ireland to these countries . Look at the exodus from Africanand other countries , where English is not their first language, into Ireland. I wonder why they pick Ireland.?

So it is somewhat disingenuous to pick an aspect of how a state operates its business without looking at the totally of the ‘business’. Eg mention the total tax rates in both states

• Registered Users Posts: 27,255 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

We have been through the statistics before, and the analysis shows that the mortality rate among homeless people is less than the mortality rate among those in a home.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,255 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Happens when you ve FF and FG using murders as a stick to attack SF. About the only time those lot give a **** about those murders.

You will find that over the years I have constantly raised the issue of SF/IRA atrocities outside of elections. It attracts a lot of criticism from the usual Sinn Fein social media elements but these issues are not just raised at elections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Doctor Who featured Ireland last night. I think it's the first time. Thanks Sinn Fein! ;)

blanch152 wrote: »
    We have been through the statistics before, and the analysis shows that the mortality rate among homeless people is less than the mortality rate among those in a home.

No I haven't.links please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Can anyone point out an SD or SF policy where the public gave them a mandate towards criminality as featured in their manifestos?

Advertisement