Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

eagle eye wrote: »
    There's a huge problem in any thread about Trump. Even if he does something good or decent you have a bunch here waiting to criticise it, say he was forced into it, assign the credit to somebody else.
    Then if somebody has a less than shining opinion of Biden they get attacked on all sides. Get accused of being trump supporters etc.
    There's no having a conversation with these people.
    I lean to the right. What I find is if you lean right you are expected by those who lean left to criticize a republican to go along with your support. Yet there is only support on the left for democrats and no criticism. Hypocrisy at its finest. Why should I criticize republicans here… That appears to be the job of 95% of the posters. There are things I don’t like that Trump and republicans do but I’ll post what I support for republicans and let the piling up on them from the majority here. If there's a topic that goes against republicans that I actually agree with I just keep my mouth shut. I'm under no obligation to add to the piling on.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Half the people on Twitter and the media calling for Antifa and it's leaders (!) to be locked up hasn't even heard of Antifa until yesterday when politicians created the bogeyman for them to be afraid of.

'Something something George Soros.'

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Joe hasn’t spent a lot of his years really giving policing much critical thought seemingly

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-biden-comments-on-police-being-trained-to-shoot-em-in-the-leg-instead-of-the-heart-draw-scrutiny/

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Kayleigh McEnany attacking the media and Democrat Governors. Predictable.

What a sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Kayleigh McEnany attacking the media and Democrat Governors. Predictable.

What a sell out.

She should be condemning the 4 police officers and attacking the rioters

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

kowloon wrote: »
    'Something something George Soros.'

Ah that's the classic one alright. An 89 year old man organising riots across the US.

Ah that's the classic one alright. An 89 year old man organising riots across the US.

It’s a wonder. Lord knows these peasants can’t drive themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"Be strong" says man hiding in bunker

• Advertisement

Biden is still alive, right? So as best I can tell since I haven't seen much of him lately is Joe’s agenda and platform so far consists of killing babies, killing jobs, and praising rioters.

notobtuse wrote: »
    Biden is still alive, right? So as best I can tell since I haven't seen much of him lately is Joe’s agenda and platform so far consists of killing babies, killing jobs, and praising rioters.

Derangement.

Honestly this business about Trump berating State governors from a bunker just screams parallels to the bunker screaming shouting scene in Downfall.

you mean the man not afraid to go and talk to americans? the one not hiding n a bunker calling his master putin for emotional support?

Overheal wrote: »
    Derangement.

biden derangement syndrome? if we could find a way to add an M to that we could have something

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Overheal wrote: »
    Honestly this business about Trump berating State governors from a bunker just screams parallels to the bunker screaming shouting scene in Downfall.

It's ok. Steiner's attack will bring it under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He was on the street with people yesterday, trump was cowering at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

biden derangement syndrome? if we could find a way to add an M to that we could have something

Well notobtuse needs to manage it

It's ok. Steiner's attack will bring it under control.

I really do want that meme to be rehashed today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The last time Trump spoke on an emergency topic he pondered the merits of drinking bleach as a solution.
    No he didn't. And you know well that he didn't. He made a stupid comment pondering whether disinfectant could be injected as a method of cleansing the system (like I said, bloody stupid) then followed it by stating that he wasn't a doctor and asked the doctors to look into it. Which they sheepishly agreed to do, whilst dying inside.

Donald Trump says an inordinate amount of stupid things. You don't need to twist or misrepresent his stupid comments to make them sound more stupid.

When you do, you lose any credibility, whilst also providing him the ammunition for his "fake news" defence.

Brevedar hits the nail on the head. Same thing I said earlier when I asked for predictions for who would win (and I don't think anyone other than myself has actually given an answer on that).

I asked for a civil discussion without any closed views. That I'm now pretty sure is impossible. Brevedar suggested that Trump should at least be credited when he does something right. Most people here would probably delete their account before they would do that.

Trump handled North Korea fairly well, although I don't like how he ended up giving Kim respect and refusing to condemn his atrocities. He did however stand up to him and made more progress in terms of negotiation than anyone else has come close to.

Problem solved? Far from it. But he played it pretty well. Most here will never admit that.

Soleimani, murdering scumbag and international terrorist. The US took him out, good job. Everyone shat themselves and accused Trump of starting WW3, instead Iran offered no response other than an almighty balls up and a downed civilian plane. When WW3 failed to materialise, did all the Trump haters here back down and give credit where it was due? I doubt it.

The US economy pre-Covid was booming. I have friends and family in Florida, NYC, Alabama and Washington state. Some Democrats, some Republicans. All of them agree that they have never known such a good time economically. Yet nobody here will admit any of that.

Now the race riots are kicking off. All agree that Trump has been handling his response terribly and I think it may well be the final nail in his re-election coffin. But everyone blames the old racist Trump, yet ignores the fact that this issue is generations old and that even in 8 years with a black president, the race issue wasn't solved. The problem is far deeper than Donald Trump.

To top it off I have already been branded as having an agenda, and will no doubt be even more so now.

Plus I see that eagle eye, despite being even more critical of Trump than I am, is branded as a loony tune Trump supporter because he dares to have a more open minded objective viewpoint.

It's ridiculous. Less than a day I've been posting on this thread and it beggars belief how partisan the majority are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

He seemingly spent a long time talking to Floyd's brother on the phone. The brother complained Trump did too but didn't hang around. Too busy inciting violence and using a national crisis as electioneering.
    FYI: Trump is the President, not Biden, Obama or Hilary's emails ;)

Bowie wrote: »
    He seemingly spent a long time talking to Floyd's brother on the phone. The brother complained Trump did too but didn't hang around. Too busy inciting violence and using a national crisis as electioneering.

his brother said that trump spent time talking but no time listening. which should not be a surprise to anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He is

5ed4d40bc926c.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C900

Is Trump?

search?q=white+house+lights+off&prmd=nvi&sxsrf=ALeKk01jDwVDV8fC33uxR3WVlXs7o7tiLA:1591038835826&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjdgojFqeHpAhWko3EKHZKTAS4Q_AUoA3oECAwQAw&biw=360&bih=580&dpr=3#imgrc=IsGxwS2c6-VUeM

Bowie wrote: »
    FYI: This is about the election. Biden is the presumed democrat candidate and was Obama's VP while spying was done on the Trump campaign, and Hillary is still weighing her political options.

He is indeed

amp

Is Trump?

amp
    Yes, I seen now Joe is and apparently someone mistakenly let him get in front of a microphone again. I understand Biden's newest brilliant idea is to train cops to shoot criminals in the leg, or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes, I seen now Joe is and apparently someone mistakenly let him get in front of a microphone again. I understand Biden's newest brilliant idea is to train cops to shoot criminals in the leg, or something.

As opposed to one republican suggestion of bombing protesters from the air :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

He is

5ed4d40bc926c.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C900

Is Trump?

search?q=white+house+lights+off&prmd=nvi&sxsrf=ALeKk01jDwVDV8fC33uxR3WVlXs7o7tiLA:1591038835826&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjdgojFqeHpAhWko3EKHZKTAS4Q_AUoA3oECAwQAw&biw=360&bih=580&dpr=3#imgrc=IsGxwS2c6-VUeM

It has been reported that trump is alive and well

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

As opposed to one republican suggestion of bombing protesters from the air :pac:

Jesus Christ if that is true and reeks of Assad's decision to bomb protesters from the air in 2011 in Syria.

• Advertisement

So you do get my replies. Not shocking that.

Equally non shocking as your mirror-tinted view of the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement