Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,256 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jesus Christ if that is true and reeks of Assad's decision to bomb protesters from the air in 2011 in Syria.

My first thought as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

notobtuse wrote: »
    Yes, I seen now Joe is and apparently someone mistakenly let him get in front of a microphone again. I understand Biden's newest brilliant idea is to train cops to shoot criminals in the leg, or something.

Where is Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I am constantly amazed by those still supporting Trump. They literally defend anything this patently unfit demagogue says, does or fails to do. The only people who still genuinely still support/defend him are doing so because they either can still get some benefit out of him being POTUS; or they are so far gone with their support for him that they cannot admit how spectacularly wrong they were to support him; or they genuinely believe that he is the chosen one come to bring about the (insert whatever fantasy glorious future you want here).
    Everyday that goes by, his failings as a human being, businessman, leader etc just become more pronounced. Considering he is like fuel to the fire of America's many many problems; what shape will the country be in by the time he is voted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

As opposed to one republican suggestion of bombing protesters from the air :pac:
    Oh, my. Is it a republican politician? If it is true I hope he isn't running for president, unless he's talking about bombing them with laughing gas. :pac:

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

I am constantly amazed by those still supporting Trump. They literally defend anything this patently unfit demagogue says, does or fails to do. The only people who still genuinely still support/defend him are doing so because they either can still get some benefit out of him being POTUS; or they are so far gone with their support for him that they cannot admit how spectacularly wrong they were to support him; or they genuinely believe that he is the chosen one come to bring about the (insert whatever fantasy glorious future you want here).
    Everyday that goes by, his failings as a human being, businessman, leader etc just become more pronounced. Considering he is like fuel to the fire of America's many many problems; what shape will the country be in by the time he is voted out?
    Are you on Maxine Waters' mailing list?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,995 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I am constantly amazed by those still supporting Trump. They literally defend anything this patently unfit demagogue says, does or fails to do.
    I presume you are talking about in the US and not on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I am constantly amazed by those still supporting Trump. They literally defend anything this patently unfit demagogue says, does or fails to do.

Only the brainwashed and mentally deficient would be voting for Trump now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Are you on Maxine Waters' mailing list?

Where is Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

And the fascists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

As opposed to one republican suggestion of bombing protesters from the air :pac:

I didn't see this reported anywhere? What is the source please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jesus Christ if that is true and reeks of Assad's decision to bomb protesters from the air in 2011 in Syria.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=white+house+lights+off&prmd=nvi&sxsrf=ALeKk01jDwVDV8fC33uxR3WVlXs7o7tiLA:1591038835826&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjdgojFqeHpAhWko3EKHZKTAS4Q_AUoA3oECAwQAw&biw=360&bih=580&dpr=3#imgrc=IsGxwS2c6-VUeM
    Sen. Tom Cotton, an Arkansas Republican, pushed for the use of military force against demonstrators who've taken to the streets and, in some cases, protested violently against police brutality and racism. 

"If local politicians will not do their most basic job to protect our citizens, let's see how these anarchists respond when the 101st Airborne is on the other side of the street,"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Trump handled North Korea fairly well, although I don't like how he ended up giving Kim respect and refusing to condemn his atrocities. He did however stand up to him and made more progress in terms of negotiation than anyone else has come close to.

Problem solved? Far from it. But he played it pretty well. Most here will never admit that.

What progress? He met with Jong-un and, like you say, gave him respect and then everything went straight back to missile tests. There was no lasting change, so I don't see the progress. If anything, all he did was further legitimise a tyrant.

You see this type of post is just nasty. You are calling notobtuse either brainwashed or mentally deficient in this post. That's uncalled for.

kowloon wrote: »
    What progress? He met with Jong-un and, like you say, gave him respect and then everything went straight back to missile tests. There was no lasting change, so I don't see the progress. If anything, all he did was further legitimise a tyrant.

How many have you seen stand up and warn a North Korean leader to quit or else? In all fairness that was a good thing he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

It's true and Trump has requoted it in the past 2 hours.

How does one drop bombs from a plane located on the other side of the street. This, I gots to hear!

Where is Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eagle eye wrote: »
    How many have you seen stand up and warn a North Korean leader to quit or else? In all fairness that was a good thing he did.

Kim didn't quit and nothing happened. no point making empty threats

How does one drop bombs from a plane located on the other side of the street. This, I gots to hear!

Do you agree with the sentiment of sending in the 101st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I don't think that report source is legitimate tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the source is a tweet by the man who said it. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1267522468400562183?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

He tried, but ultimately he failed, so there's no really any progress anyone can point to. Attempt is not synonymous with progress, the problem will still be there for the next admin.
    Yes, I seen now Joe is and apparently someone mistakenly let him get in front of a microphone again. I understand Biden's newest brilliant idea is to train cops to shoot criminals in the leg, or something.

Missed this post. Yes, that's a stupid idea, he needs to watch less Lethal Weapon.

Check his Twitter. I saw it there first. There’s no wiggle room.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You see this type of post is just nasty. You are calling notobtuse either brainwashed or mentally deficient in this post. That's uncalled for.

I didn't mention him or anyone by name. You're entitled to your opinion as am I.

Thank, eagle eye but it's been like this forever and I'm desensitized to it all. It's like I have always said... usually people here on the right feel those on the left have good hearts but are somewhat misguided and at times can be a tad nasty towards the right, whereas those on the left seem to think people on the right are stupid, ignorant and evil. It's the same much here in the US as you should see (as I believe you're located in the US and another Jets fan... oh wait, Patriots :)) a lot of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

https://soundcloud.com/the-daily-beast-politics/trump-audio

Full leak of Trump call to the governors 55 minutes long. Trump says on call he wants to destroy movement, the same as Occupy Wall Street ("where are they now it was a beautiful thing lol)

Familiar tactic for Trump: hide out of sight and send in a scotched up Rudy Giuliani to piss gaslighting screed everywhere.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/rudy-giuliani-calls-riots-completely-the-fault-of-weak-incompetent-progressive-democrats/

Okay, so we both agree they're not bombing people and it was simply more fake news from the left?

To answer your question... If it’s to protect innocent US citizens from domestic terrorists hell-bent on causing mayhem, physical violence, and property damage I would prefer the local and state law enforcement handle it, and if they can’t then the state’s national guard units, and finally yes... the airborne if necessary. I would prefer they use rubber bullets and teargas, though, unless the so-called 'protesters' decide to start using live ammo and explosives.

https://soundcloud.com/the-daily-beast-politics/trump-audio

Full leak of Trump call to the governors 55 minutes long. Trump says on call he wants to destroy movement, the same as Occupy Wall Street ("where are they now it was a beautiful thing lol)

He sounds drunk or stoned or both

• Advertisement

He sounds drunk or stoned or both

Remember the meme/scene from Downfall?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement