Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedians who aren't Irish but are still unfunny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

Jimmy Carr.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    John ( professional scouser ) Bishop ?

horribly unfunny idiot

That’s the guy who purposefully exaggerates his accent to hammer home the point that he is a “scouser”.

Terribly unfunny

Archeron wrote: »
    Romesh Ranganathan

About as funny as a sh*tstain on a pillowcase.

He’s more of a “personality” than a comedian

Presumably the bbc give him lots of work for diversity reasons etc.

Certainly not for his comedy talent

smilerf wrote: »
    I don't get the big deal about Mickey Flanagan or John the fella from Liverpool

That guy from Liverpool with the big teeth????
    Nope ......I never " got" hum

Jimmy Carr.

Can't agree with that one.......he does a good stand up routine, a " no holds barred" kinda show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭hawley

Tom O'Connor: has been repeating the same jokes and schtick for years

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That whole cohort of Tom Allen, Romesh types who do the circuit of panel games are all as funny as an infant in a meat grinder.

hawley wrote: »

Is he still on the go?

He’s the epitome of the middle class “golf club funny man”

• Registered Users Posts: 24,812 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Jeez, that’s I name I haven’t heard in years.

Still doing the same act. 81 and looking every day of it. He was never funny, just a capable enough presenter who could amuse auld wans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Jimmy Carr.
    Can't agree with that one.......he does a good stand up routine, a " no holds barred" kinda show

Both his parents are Irish.....does that exclude him from the listing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Strumms wrote: »

Still doing the same act. 81 and looking every day of it. He was never funny, just a capable enough presenter who could amuse auld wans.

And he did it all without being, overtly, racist and not “interfering” with kids. No mean feat in those days.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

hawley wrote: »

Stewart Lee has a good routine about Tom O’Connor:)

It’s about his mother telling him it’s great he’s making a go at the comedy but he’s no Tom o Connor , now there’s a comedian :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

Stewart Lee has a good routine about Tom O’Connor:)

It’s about his mother telling him it’s great he’s making a go at the comedy but he’s no Tom o Connor , now there’s a comedian :)

He does a great one about Michael McIntyre too :)

Lesalare wrote: »

I've not seen the bit, but I already know he's right.

Lesalare wrote: »

And joe pasquale of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Leigh Francis in the form of his alter-ego, Keith Lemon.

Just don't get Keith Lemon .....especially the speech impediment bit.....speaks like his tongue is a little too big for his mouth

...and the fu(king laugh

micar wrote: »
    Leigh Francis in the form of his alter-ego, Keith Lemon.

Just don't get Keith Lemon .....especially the speech impediment bit.....speaks like his tongue is a little too big for his mouth

He literally cried his arse off over the black face on bo selecta whilst he should have just ignored

And joe pasquale of course :)

Haha yeah I'm looking at it again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Strumms wrote: »

He was funny for his time but comedy has gone harder now, Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle etc. The Blackpool pier mother in law jokes, Paddy, Paki, poofter etc are history. I remember Jim "Bullseye" Bowen telling the joke about bus fares in Birmingham being increased by three ruppees.

I cannot believe Tom O'Connor is still alive. My auld fella had a soft spot for him cos he knew him a bit from his Merseyside club days, but he was always shyte. Only 81 too, I thought he'd be about 95.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I've not seen the bit, but I already know he's right.

I love the one he did on James Corden too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Tim Vine
    Painfully unfunny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I remember somebody saying the election of Trump was great news for crap comedians and bad news for good ones. They weren’t wrong.

Nish Kumar has dined out on this something horrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Tim Vine
    Painfully unfunny

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Miranda Hart, feel like punching the TV whenever I see her on.

Greg Davies..... had a good role in the 'inbeweeners' but brutal since that..... does a thing called ' taskmaster' .... its brutal

Greg Davies..... had a good role in the 'inbeweeners' but brutal since that..... does a thing called ' taskmaster' .... its brutal

I'd have to disagree. I am a fan of very dark, dry humour but I actually quite liked some of Taskmaster. Not it all but some skits did genuinely make me laugh out loud. I only found out about in in past 2 weeks and watched probably the best of it. It did become very repetitive and banal after a while though. I do find him somewhat painful on it. It's gone on 9 series too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

don't like him either due to his size he comes across as a thundering bully, probably is

remember him on some panel show once and he had one of the Jedward twins on the verge of tears...and him an ex-teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That beardy fella who looks like one of the Isis Beatles, always on Frankie Boyle panel show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Love taskmaster

Advertisement