Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedians who aren't Irish but are still unfunny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Gina Yashere, don't worry, I've mentioned her already

Dong the Lord's work!
    Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

The Nal wrote: »
    Maybe the best of all time. Right up there with Pryor, Kinison etc.

I like Prior and Kinison, wouldn't have them in my top 5 but they're pretty good.

All a matter of taste I suppose but I gave Louis CK plenty of goes and he just doesn't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

One of my friend's is big into Norm MacDonald, I don't get the appeal, I'm trying to but I really don't understand it. If somebody could explain it so that I'm "in" on it that'd be great because right now I'm most certainly just a confused bystander watching a man (intentionally I think, but I'm not quite sure) being unfunny or just saying the most absurd things with absolutely no context.

If I had to pick my favourite all time comedian it would 100% be Norm Macdonald. A lot of my friends are baffled by him aswell and don't understand why I rate him so highly.

He's so far removed from being a polished performer and he doesn't toe the line with political correctness which has gotten him into trouble in the past.

I think you'd best describe him as a comedian's comedian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Kevin Hart

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Alan Partridge. Never got his comedy, be it the stand up stuff on shows or his actual shows. Just never liked him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Little and Large.They were dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Alan Partridge. Never got his comedy, be it the stand up stuff on shows or his actual shows. Just never liked him.

I'm guessing you are taking the Mickey here, the Partridge character is funny,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'm guessing you are taking the Mickey here, the Partridge character is funny,

About as funny as tuberculosis

21/25

They had a Saturday primetime slot for about a decade got replaced by the even more dire Les Dennis .Bradley Walsh is probably the modern equivalent of this lukewarm tat

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Norman Wisdom
    Tony Hancock

Scathing 1961 review from the NY Times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Amy Schumer the joke thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Jaysus I'd forgotten about them. It was like they were trying to channel Morecambe and Wise but they had zero charisma or material.

Jaysus I'd forgotten about them. It was like they were trying to channel Morecambe and Wise but they had zero charisma or material.

or ITVs equivalent, hale and pace

10m viewers those boys used to pull in when there were only five or six channels

thank god for digital

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Stewart Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Sarah Silverman. Pretty much every joke of hers breaks down into "look at me... I'm so Jewish! Ha ha ha!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Rebel Wilson.

Rebel Wilson.

Actress rather than comedian, painfully unfunny all the same

Amy Schumer the joke thief.

I like her,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Anything on SNL..painfully unfunny

or ITVs equivalent, hale and pace

10m viewers those boys used to pull in when there were only five or six channels

thank god for digital

Jim Davidson, I think he introduced Hale & Pace on his totally unfunny hour long 8 o clock show in the late 70's. Jimmy Tarbuck used to make an odd appearance as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Actress rather than comedian, painfully unfunny all the same

Thought she started as stand up. Terrible actress, especially in Bridesmaids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

There's a lot of folk wondering about Norm Macdonald's inclusion on this list and why he should or shouldn't be on this list.

He's intentionally playing up to his dumbass schtick but I think this interview is probably the closest you can get to the man, who is in my opinion a serious intellect who'd rather you underestimated him as a dumbass.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

There's a lot of folk wondering about Norm Macdonald's inclusion on this list and why he should or shouldn't be on this list.

He's intentionally playing up to his dumbass schtick but I think this interview is probably the closest you can get to the man, who is in my opinion a serious intellect who'd rather you underestimated him as a dumbass.

Norms treatment on the View where he had to apologize over defending Rosanne Barr and Louis C.K really did rub me up the wrong, how condescending the panel where towards him... granted he went on the show with no intention of apologizing and still managing to pull the wool over their eyes which was kinda genius lol.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Penn and teller
    Ross noble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Jason Manford
    Jason Manford
    Jason Manford
    Jason Manford
    Jason Manford

Oh yeah, and James Corden, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

Lee Evans, honest to god, what is the point of lee evans......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Has anyone mentioned Kathy Griffin yet? The worst comic I have ever endured. 502104.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

Lee Evans, honest to god, what is the point of lee evans......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Kay and Peele.
    They're not funny but I suppose that's not why they're popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Sarah Millican.

Advertisement